Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 10:29 PM

3,101 posts, read 2,005,662 times

Advertisements

If people aren't aware of this site, I thought some might find new cases to learn about or follow. I happened across a giant site of free true crime docs, as well as TV programs. It's broken down into categories like serial killers, organized crime, war crime, drug murders, etc. It's even broken down further to categories like sexual murders, scams & fraud murders.

Additionally, there's another section with 40 TV programs or so, like 48 Hours, Vice docs & even foreign true crime programs like Crimes that Shook AU & CTS Britain. Unsure if the database is complete... like if there are links to all the Dateline shows... but, there are some.

Crime Documentary - Watch Free True Crime Documentaries NOW

I'm sure there are other such sites, but I came across this one by accident, while searching for something completely unrelated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 12:40 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
That is so cool, thanks!

Old 01-25-2018, 02:24 AM

587 posts, read 225,412 times
Thats a nice site..... Thank you

Old 01-27-2018, 06:20 PM

928 posts, read 970,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
If people aren't aware of this site, I thought some might find new cases to learn about or follow. I happened across a giant site of free true crime docs, as well as TV programs. It's broken down into categories like serial killers, organized crime, war crime, drug murders, etc. It's even broken down further to categories like sexual murders, scams & fraud murders.

Additionally, there's another section with 40 TV programs or so, like 48 Hours, Vice docs & even foreign true crime programs like Crimes that Shook AU & CTS Britain. Unsure if the database is complete... like if there are links to all the Dateline shows... but, there are some.

Crime Documentary - Watch Free True Crime Documentaries NOW

I'm sure there are other such sites, but I came across this one by accident, while searching for something completely unrelated.
Thanks so much for this link! I have been looking for something to replace the now defunct" True Crime Library". It's not reading, but videos will do fine.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
Thanks so much for this link! I have been looking for something to replace the now defunct" True Crime Library". It's not reading, but videos will do fine.
You're very welcome, EZ.

In 2-wks I'm moving out of state (the bottom of FL to the middle of TX) & will be taking my time to stop off along the way for some sightseeing in varying cities. Since I'll be on the road for 1-2 weeks, I'll be listening to podcasts 8+ hrs/day in the car using my phone. Great for those long stretches of road where there's no radio reception (or it's not good radio) & the same CDs are getting repetitive after the 6th time played in full.

Discovered how wonderful that was while being on the road for 2-yrs for work. Time flies when listening to suspenseful stories. In fact, I had my 86-yr old mum with me for 3-mos & she came on the road with me, which was great fun for her. We'd listen all day & she said it reminded her of her young days in front of the radio, listing to the Shadow. I'd switch from FBI profiler programs, to Mafia, to serial killers (scary though... sometimes I have to turn them off) & then a whole host of comedy podcasts.

There are many good true crime audiocasts... I know of about 30, all free. I should compile that list & post it in another thread. Some might be interested in those, as well.

Unlike you, I can't often read about true crime. Something about being immersed in a book, pouring over gory details, haunts me. I saw the interviews with Richard Kuklinski, the Iceman... Mafia hit man, who died in prison. Visually, he was rattling enough... clicking his teeth in an unsettling way when he was upset by a pointed question. But, when I tried to read Philip DeCarlo's book about him, it was so graphic, I had to return it to the library... had nightmares about it for months. Maybe I should switch to podcasts about Doris Day.

Some good ones are old school Mafia programs... Luciano, Luchese... because the history is astounding in the way they took over the trucking industry by force in early NYC & extorted so many business owners. Must have been frightening for small biz owners, new to the country. My mum liked listening to any cowboy story I could find... old days of Jesse James or those making their way out west for gold to Deadwood, etc. But, my favorites are any true crime stories I could find about the old punk/grunge days... the death of Syd Vicious or murder of Mia Zapata. They're a bit haunting... the stories of unresolved crimes.

In fact, my theory on people's fascination with serial killers is in that they were caught in the end. Heinous people, but they were stopped. Gives us hope that the world can drastically change. And, the ones like Zodiac or the DB Cooper mystery that send so many puzzlers & armchair detectives into a head spin, trying to figure out the crime are a result of that... they want to put a good ending to the story.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:57 PM

202 posts, read 153,416 times
Few of us can resist a "who done it". That challenge to solve a case, whether it be fiction or otherwise, is just plain addictive.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Hardy View Post
Few of us can resist a "who done it". That challenge to solve a case, whether it be fiction or otherwise, is just plain addictive.
Absolutely, Cliff. My mum is 86 & loves mystery books. She reads about 7/wk. I once joked that she's up to no good... she knows far too much about Miss Marple & Hercule Poirot crime solving.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Really good series here on Pickins, the pig farm killer from Canada. This is an excellent site. I found some of the movies have been deleted. If you have this problem just google them on YouTube and they can be found there. I have done this with pretty good success.

Last edited by ezrider62; 02-05-2018 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-06-2018, 03:18 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Cool. I want to watch the one about Silk Road.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Cool. I want to watch the one about Silk Road.
Right, this is the internet site that sold drugs and other illegal stuff. I checked and saw it there on the search bar. Looks like a good choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime