Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 07:18 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Red hair makes her photo memorable. They're 1% - 2% of the population; cut that percent in half for children & teens.
That was my thought too. Her red hair makes her stand out. She could have simply stood out to him more than other girls & he developed an attraction.

Jakes older brother (Erik) is a convicted sex offender for having sex with a 15 year-old he met online & drove 3 hours away to meet
Authorities investigating criminal history of Closs suspect's brother - Story | KMSP

Early investigation by police, when Jayme first went missing, ruled out there was a social media connection though between Jayme & her kidnapper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 08:16 AM

723 posts, read 570,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I really don't understand why he killed her parents. She was involved in a lot of extracurricular activities. She's 13, so she probably got to and from some of them on her own. If she rode the bus to and from school, he could have grabbed her when she was waiting for it. Surely he could have abducted her from somewhere other than inside her home without having to murder anyone.
Maybe he entertained some kind of delusion that her parents were keeping Jayme prisoner and preventing him from uniting with his one true love? Like a video game hero, he had to kill them to "rescue" her?

Old 01-13-2019, 08:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,582 posts, read 17,927,273 times
In a way, this case reminds me of those crazy women who cut babies out of pregnant woman. Fully intending to love and cherish the baby, but acting with such complete and evil lack of regard for the baby's interests.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:46 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeeeeah...I'm thinking if you're into kidnapping people for perverted reasons, rational behavior isn't one of your strong suits.

Well according to 48 Hours last night he was able to plot and plan. He shaved his head so that he wouldn't leave a strand of DNA behind. He planned well enough that he was outta there when police responded within 4 minutes of that odd 911 call. He certainly wasn't stark raving crazy. I sure hope he talks because I'd love to know what he thought he was accomplishing.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNot4Me View Post
Maybe he entertained some kind of delusion that her parents were keeping Jayme prisoner and preventing him from uniting with his one true love? Like a video game hero, he had to kill them to "rescue" her?

That would make sense.

Or maybe he thought if he killed the people who loved her and there was no one for her to go back home to, the police would give up looking for her if they didn't find her fairly quickly?

Old 01-13-2019, 10:05 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Well according to 48 Hours last night he was able to plot and plan. He shaved his head so that he wouldn't leave a strand of DNA behind. He planned well enough that he was outta there when police responded within 4 minutes of that odd 911 call. He certainly wasn't stark raving crazy. I sure hope he talks because I'd love to know what he thought he was accomplishing.

What do you hope to "learn" from a deranged criminal?

Old 01-13-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post

Like I said, what he thought he was accomplishing by killing the parents.

Last edited by LillyLillyLilly; 01-13-2019 at 10:24 AM..

Old 01-13-2019, 10:37 AM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Yes, I too have grown tired of this premise that we can prevent future murders by crawling inside the minds of killers we've caught. It's become more apparent over time what a silly notion it is. Unless, of course, we begin incarcerating people when they're young who begin showing the same cognitive patterns and behaviors.

We also cling to this notion that the more egregious and brutal the crime, the more indicative it is of "mental illness." You need not be "crazy" to commit heinous murders. In fact, most killers are not "crazy." Depression does not cause homicidal behavior. Schizophrenia does not cause homicidal behavior.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:37 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Like I said, what he thought he was accomplishing by killing the parents.
They could identify him or stop him from taking Jayme. Or maybe he just sees no value in other human life. One or the other or both.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:18 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
A little thing called the Constitution.
None of us can understand this creep and unless you have the ... whatever he has... is behavior is something a no sane person here will ever understand.

I'm a map type person who always has to know exactly where I am and where everything else is. Whenever I read a story with a location I immediately look it up on a map.

Here's a video of the house Jayme was kept it and I found it on Google Maps at 14166 S. Eau Claire Acres Circle nine road miles east of Gordon. Certainly out in the middle of nowhere.

We can all hope Jake will receive the counseling he needs from his fellow prisoners in general population.

What's it like being in prison as a known sex offender?

Quote:
They had a short life expectancy when they walked into prison with a “baby raper” jacket. It would not take very long at all for the word to circulate in population that there is a baby raper around. And then it would not take long for that individual to be shanked, raped or suffer some other type of assault

So sweet, so fitting and maybe he can find the love he was looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime