Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,460 times

Advertisements

I lived on Wendy drive when this happened. I'm pretty sure Sabrina Pleake and her friend Melissa had something to do with Candaces murder but that was NEVER followed up. I was friends with Sabrina then and after but not now. I believe in my heart they did this horrible thing and the sheriff lacked the competence to solve the murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,370 times
Well, it looks like there was something up back then. Anyone willing to listen to the family now? Just look up the news on the storage unit found with the evidence hidden in there that surprisingly went missing after the police found out about it. It's rather fishy if you ask me.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,780,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaGirlorBoy View Post
Well, it looks like there was something up back then. Anyone willing to listen to the family now? Just look up the news on the storage unit found with the evidence hidden in there that surprisingly went missing after the police found out about it. It's rather fishy if you ask me.
Here's the link to the story.
Contents sold at auction after deputy failed to | The Pueblo Chieftain

Bizarre!

Old 01-14-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpvettech View Post
I lived on Wendy drive when this happened. I'm pretty sure Sabrina Pleake and her friend Melissa had something to do with Candaces murder but that was NEVER followed up. I was friends with Sabrina then and after but not now. I believe in my heart they did this horrible thing and the sheriff lacked the competence to solve the murder.
She has quite a criminal record. https://jailalert.com/arrest-records...e-6000681.html

What makes you suspect that she was involved. Any relation between her and the officer who had the evidence stored in his private storage locker?

Old 01-14-2017, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,343 times
#Dolores Hiltz, please contact me. I would like to help.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:02 PM

a link to the audio of the discussion when the officer came to the storage unit.
LISTEN: Meeting between Rick Ratzlaff & Fremont Co. Sheriff James Beicker - KRDO

Old 01-15-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doloreshiltz View Post
My daughter Candace Hiltz was murdered on August 15, 2006. So many years have pasted with No real investagation done. Her case has never been handed over to un solved crimes. Why? It is simple. The crime scene was miss managed. All evidence left there as they chased my son James up and down mountains. They did not crime tape the house. On August 18 police allowed me to go to my house. I arrived to the back door open. The blanket her dead body had laid on the 15 still there. A shot gun casing still sitting in my granddaughters cradle. All was as the 15th. On the 19th my son Jonathan bagged and labled a 20gal rubbermaid tub of evidence filled to the top. We planned on sending this to a lab in Boulder. Fremont convisgated this as my son Casey made the mistake of telling detectives Briscoe and Dodd about it, These Detectives were responsible for this crime scene. They left all the evidence. In the days after my daughters murder at least 3 people entered my home. Comprimizing all the evidence. They knew the day she died that 2 gunmen entered my home the 15th. That Candace was fired on from 2 directions similtanisly dying instantly. She suffered two blasts to the back and right of her head by shotgun. The left of her body was numerous 22 blasts. All hit her while standing. These killers put her on the blanket to move her. At the end of the hall she must have went into death tremors. They put her down and a after death chest shot by the shotgun occured than. That shows me the killers had never hunted. They would of known what death tremors were. The casing in the cradle was from that shot. These detectives also know that unrelated DNA is connected to this case. So years go by. Bits and pieces come to me. People to afraid to speak to police. Two killers walk free thanks to shoddy police work. So do not feel safe Fremont County. Among us walks free 2 murderers. They have too commit a felony for DNA to be taken. That means they could kill again.
This was the tub that must have been found in Dodd's personal storage unit. It contained a single shell casing and a bloody blanket, among other things. I can't find any info about an officer Briscoe. Did you mean, Beicker? If so that is very interesting. I hope the news keeps on top of the latest findings. So shady!

Quote:
CANON CITY — Evidence that appears to be connected to a 2006 unsolved homicide was recovered by a local man from a storage unit that once belonged to a sheriff’s detective. <snip>Ratzlaff also found a brown paper bag that had a single bullet casing inside it and a blanket with blood on it. “I knew it was Robbie Dodd’s unit because his uniforms had name badges on them and there were pictures of him in the unit,” Ratzlaff explained. <snip> On Dec. 30, Ratzlaff said Sheriff James Beicker called him to ask about the evidence. During a conversation, he mentioned to Ratzlaff that the evidence was connected to the Hiltz case, Ratzlaff said. “He says, ‘I hear you have a storage unit that used to be an officer’s.’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘Can I get it?’ and I said, ‘I don’t know.’ He said, ‘Well, your life could be in danger here.’ “It was like a threat,” Ratzlaff said.
http://www.chieftain.com/news/region...torage-beicker

Last edited by MissTerri; 01-15-2017 at 09:03 AM..

Old 01-15-2017, 01:42 PM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doloreshiltz View Post
My daughter Candace Hiltz was murdered on August 15, 2006. So many years have pasted with No real investagation done. Her case has never been handed over to un solved crimes. Why? It is simple. The crime scene was miss managed. All evidence left there as they chased my son James up and down mountains. They did not crime tape the house. On August 18 police allowed me to go to my house. I arrived to the back door open. The blanket her dead body had laid on the 15 still there. A shot gun casing still sitting in my granddaughters cradle. All was as the 15th. On the 19th my son Jonathan bagged and labled a 20gal rubbermaid tub of evidence filled to the top. We planned on sending this to a lab in Boulder. Fremont convisgated this as my son Casey made the mistake of telling detectives Briscoe and Dodd about it, These Detectives were responsible for this crime scene. They left all the evidence. In the days after my daughters murder at least 3 people entered my home. Comprimizing all the evidence. They knew the day she died that 2 gunmen entered my home the 15th. That Candace was fired on from 2 directions similtanisly dying instantly. She suffered two blasts to the back and right of her head by shotgun. The left of her body was numerous 22 blasts. All hit her while standing. These killers put her on the blanket to move her. At the end of the hall she must have went into death tremors. They put her down and a after death chest shot by the shotgun occured than. That shows me the killers had never hunted. They would of known what death tremors were. The casing in the cradle was from that shot. These detectives also know that unrelated DNA is connected to this case. So years go by. Bits and pieces come to me. People to afraid to speak to police. Two killers walk free thanks to shoddy police work. So do not feel safe Fremont County. Among us walks free 2 murderers. They have too commit a felony for DNA to be taken. That means they could kill again.
Hi Dolores, I hope you come back here. You should consider joining Websleuths. I made a thread for your daughters case; here is the link. Candace Hiltz 17, found slain in her home in Canyon City CO on Aug. 15, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This was the tub that must have been found in Dodd's personal storage unit. It contained a single shell casing and a bloody blanket, among other things. I can't find any info about an officer Briscoe. Did you mean, Beicker? If so that is very interesting. I hope the news keeps on top of the latest findings. So shady!

Contents sold at auction after deputy failed to | The Pueblo Chieftain
I hope she comes back, she hasn't been here since posting. My 1st thought when I read the article was how does a detective take evidence home? I don't understand why the buyer didn't try to return it back to the police station. Instead he met with 2 cops who cut the lock after they left; taking whatever evidence was in there. What did they do with it? Now the buyer decides to return the rest of the evidence he had? What is wrong with that guy? Taking it home to study!

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-15-2017 at 02:08 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I hope she comes back, she hasn't been here since posting. My 1st thought when I read the article was how does a detective take evidence home? I don't understand why the buyer didn't try to return it back to the police station. Instead he met with 2 cops who cut the lock after they left; taking whatever evidence was in there. What did they do with it? Now the buyer decides to return the rest of the evidence he had? What is wrong with that guy? Taking it home to study!
I hope she comes back too. What the detective did was super shady. Taking evidence from a crime scene and locking it away in a personal storage unit. What Sheriff James Beicker did was also very shady. Asking him to keep quiet and telling him that his life was in danger (the owner of the storage unit took it as a threat).

Here's another instance where that same sheriff told people to keep quiet. This is also recent news. Former Fremont sheriff

Old 01-15-2017, 06:12 PM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Sorry, we have 2 relatives that posted, neither has been back.

I read most and will finish tomorrow. I'll be shocked if the lawsuit isn't thrown out like missing Kelsey Schellings mothers was. I'll have to google names tomorrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime