Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 PM

242 posts, read 927,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardier View Post
I wasn't hanging with drug dealers. I was just caught in the car with a legitimate family member. It happens. I had guns pressed against my scalp, at the time I did not know why.
Because everyone else in your car had an ILLEGAL gun. Shots were fired by one of the upstanding members of YOUR party. You were being judged by the company you keep.

Back to the original tpic

I'm kinda curious how the cops shoved a radio up this guys ass in train station without anybody noticing. I mean the radio is pretty big and they put it up to their mouth to talk with it, which would be pretty gross after sticking it wherer the sun don't shine.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 10-26-2008 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: Rude/Personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 PM

110 posts, read 309,066 times
This is the same NYPD that stuck a broom stick up Abner Louima's behind right?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
.....yea I usually go to 183rd and Davidson. I never get caught there. I find bums there and they always get it for me. But I went to Dyckman, because my other friend works across the street and his boss buys him liquor................
thug/hood consultant SM e-snitching?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,673,266 times
Quote:
This explains the attitude towards cops in the hood. The "no snitching" attitude. Many of you who live in well-off areas may not believe this, but this all is very real in the hood.
Honestly, I have never lived anywhere where people hated cops in general; you would probably say that I have lived my whole life in "well-off" areas.

With that said, and however unfair it may be, you need to take EXTRA CARE when you live in the "hood" to not appear to be engaging in suspicious, illegal activies. You should know that you will be targeted. Young males loitering around late at night nervously putting something into a small brown bag and then jumping into a taxi to take them back in the Bronx? Sounds pretty suspicious to me, and I am pretty "soft on crime."

The cops are often unprofessional and rude while in the process of doing their job. Want to avoid their attitude? I have a solution: stop hanging out with the homies on the stoop while they smoke pot, stop going into Manhattan to buy booze (you are underage and know this is illegal), and stop engaging in any activity in which you KNOW that you will be profiled. I am a young male too, and I would EXPECT to be profiled (it is NOT illegal to engage in many types of "profiling") if I was to do some of the things that you have described doing in the past.

You are too smart to engage in activities so stupid, activities that are even less wise to be doing when you are a young male in the "hood." Hating on the cops won't accomplish a damn thing.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:40 PM

Mario, nobody truly knows what really goes down in the "hood." My family lives in hoods. East Flatbush, Bed-Stuy, ENY, and Brownsville. I sometimes chill at Lincoln Terrace Park (Crown Heights) where West Indians play tennis. Cops are always "cruising" by, trying to see what's going on. Can I play tennis in peace?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:47 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,673,266 times
Quote:
The thing was that when the cops stopped us, we immediately asked the taxi driver to hold the bottle for us, and he wouldn't do that. There is nothing wrong with a over 21 person having an unnopen bottle in his car, there is everything wrong with us having it. I would have been upset if he we were to have gotten in trouble. Very selfish of him.
Quote:
I actually feel that alot of these white cops are inner racists, and the only way they can act out on their hatred of blacks and hispanics is to be police officers.
Quote:
And come on, is me buying liquor hurting anyone? It's not like I had it opened and was a drunk maniac on the streets. So, no to me it's not a crime. If I can go to war at 18, then I could drink at 19.
Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that the NYPD is full of thugs. Worse than the ones they arrest.
Excuse after excuse after excuse. Stop breaking the law and stop surrounding yourself with those who flagrantly break the law as well. Maybe then you will run out of the fuel to feed your "NYC cops are racist thugs" fire.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:03 AM

I agree that what mario did was illegal. However, the jakes (police) carry things too far. Youngsters do tend to drink prematurely, but does that mean you threaten to inflict bodily harm? As much as the police patrol the "hood" they should be able to differentiate those who are dope dealers and those who are teens trying to get liquor. So no one on this forum has ever done things that they should'nt have done when they were younger? And if so, were they almost beaten or killed?

Old 10-27-2008, 04:25 AM

185 posts, read 752,274 times
What can be done to stop this culture of abuse in the NYPD? (Actually its not just NY, look at the CBS reporter ruffed up and arrested in Newark while taping a peaceful protest) (ALL Over the news this morning) When the cop thought the camera was broken, and the female reporter said, you cant DO that!, the cop said "I Can Do Whatever I WANT". Strangling a reporter, trying to suffocate, then leaving him in the car for an hour until the preacher of a church showed pictures of the assault, demanding his release.

If the NYPD is so bold to sodomize someone in front of that many witnesses, even if it is alleged (albeit with tons of evidence, medical and testimonial) Youd think theyd be temporarily Suspended with Pay to say the LEAST. Channel 2 Says that the officers ALL remain on FULL Duty. If correct, this is exactly WHY this stuff keeps going on. WHY are these cops still on REGULAR DUTY? And WHOSE decision is this, the Police Commissioner? Does the Mayor have any authority?

Maybe its time for a crackdown, like "Rockefeller Drug Law Strength" Laws on Police Brutality, HARSH sentences, and that same MANDATORY Sentencing Crap they put on everyone else. Now hold Cops to the same standards. Support them when they are Right. Honor them when they are Heroes. And LOCK 'EM UP For a LONG Time when they commit criminal acts. They'll learn quick, just arrest them under Federal Jurisdiction and into Federal custody then leave them in the cell with the same criminals that hate their guts, and accidentally throw in a walkie talkie. Word would spread quickly, and Cops I'm sure would be scared back into their manners, and have a quick new professional outlook.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:10 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
I know the NYPD has to be tough because they deal with alot of criminals, and if you were to show weakness, you would never stand a chance against them. As for stopping me, that is not the problem. Although it is not illegal to stand somewhere with a friend, they assumed since it was a known drug spot, that I was involved in that. The problem that I have is that once they do stop me, and find nothing, and after having my 100% percent cooperation, their despicable attitude and treatment towards me and my friend. We did not say anything disrespectful or anything, answered all their questions, and did what they told us to do. Does that warrant having my hat thrown to the ground, and making me pick it up? Does that warrant them mocking the situation, asking if I was "afraid of the big bad cops?" Does that allow them to remind me every second that I better listen or they're "going to **** me up?" I don't think so. IMO, buying liquor at 15 is much worse than doing so at 20. They even admitted that they "didnt care about the liquor." So their attitude wasn't because of that. I think they crossed the line. Now, if I was accused of murder or drug trafficking, then I deserve to get treated like crap. But nothing I did deserved the treatment that I got, and I stand by that.

And thank you Jax,
I agree. I've noted in several pasts posts that NYPD needs to improve big-time in the way they treat people and not be so quick to treat people like criminals.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Honestly, I have never lived anywhere where people hated cops in general; you would probably say that I have lived my whole life in "well-off" areas.

With that said, and however unfair it may be, you need to take EXTRA CARE when you live in the "hood" to not appear to be engaging in suspicious, illegal activies. You should know that you will be targeted. Young males loitering around late at night nervously putting something into a small brown bag and then jumping into a taxi to take them back in the Bronx? Sounds pretty suspicious to me, and I am pretty "soft on crime."

The cops are often unprofessional and rude while in the process of doing their job. Want to avoid their attitude? I have a solution: stop hanging out with the homies on the stoop while they smoke pot, stop going into Manhattan to buy booze (you are underage and know this is illegal), and stop engaging in any activity in which you KNOW that you will be profiled. I am a young male too, and I would EXPECT to be profiled (it is NOT illegal to engage in many types of "profiling") if I was to do some of the things that you have described doing in the past.

You are too smart to engage in activities so stupid, activities that are even less wise to be doing when you are a young male in the "hood." Hating on the cops won't accomplish a damn thing.
Agreed, and I think its part of the reason I've never been harassed that much by cops despite living in "not so well-off" areas the majority of my life. The worst I ever got treated by cops was in LI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime