Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,465,915 times

Advertisements

These guys need to be handcuffed and spend in solitude for a year!

Link: Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 08:33 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaite View Post
These guys need to be handcuffed and spend in solitude for a year!

Link: Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman
Actually they both got fired. Good, at least something was done about it.

Incredible world we're living in. So not only should we watch out for bad people but cops too? Not even cops can be left alone and 100% trusted.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:46 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times
Video cams are everywhere now. Those cops would have known they were being filmed.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
I had to look at video twice the camera doesn't catch the corner angle well.

The article says the women"s attorney "Bernsen" also represents the fired Police Chief

Wouldn't it be a conflict of interest?“

The amount of force used was abominable,” the woman's attorney, Cade Bernsen, told Yahoo News.

“She got her hair pulled out, broke a tooth, braces got knocked off … it was brutal,” Bernsen said.

“It’s a different part of the world, man, it’s crazy,” said Bernsen, who's also representing the fired police chief.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,468,842 times
That's shocking. These men are very unsuited to be police if they beat a woman like that. She was there for an unpaid fine. They have a very short fuse and can't control their temper. Do police get psychological testing in the US? They do here in Australia so I would presume they do in the US. I really feel sorry for that poor woman.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:56 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
That's shocking. These men are very unsuited to be police if they beat a woman like that. She was there for an unpaid fine. They have a very short fuse and can't control their temper. Do police get psychological testing in the US? They do here in Australia so I would presume they do in the US. I really feel sorry for that poor woman.
Well this happened in Jasper TX, it is really not a reflection of the whole country. I am sure abuses happen everywhere but these little Eastern Texas towns are still stuck in the 1800's if not in the the Middle Ages. I think the fact that she was black had a lot to do with it. One of the officers was doing most of the abuse(the Cunningham bastard), they other one(the one she was arguing with) was just following him. Read more about that crappy town and towns like Vidor, Paris and you will be in shock how racist they still are. You would think after the murder of James Byrd they would have changed. Nope. These people are just not brought up with the same values the average American or European is brought up with.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:25 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
The one issue with film, is that we see a moment in time, not the issues that lead up to the situation.

But, excessive force is not appropriate once a person is restrained. The issue is anger management training for law enforcement,, and del escalation prior to events.

I have done training with the Rodney King incident, and to this day, still hear justification for the violence

Note, those who defend the use of excessive force, I recommend for additional training. .

Old 06-05-2013, 09:45 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,468,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Well this happened in Jasper TX, it is really not a reflection of the whole country. I am sure abuses happen everywhere but these little Eastern Texas towns are still stuck in the 1800's if not in the the Middle Ages. I think the fact that she was black had a lot to do with it. One of the officers was doing most of the abuse(the Cunningham bastard), they other one(the one she was arguing with) was just following him. Read more about that crappy town and towns like Vidor, Paris and you will be in shock how racist they still are. You would think after the murder of James Byrd they would have changed. Nope. These people are just not brought up with the same values the average American or European is brought up with.
I definitely don't think it is a reflection on the US just the two policemen. Police can get a bit carried away here as well. I'm just a bit shocked that they were so rough with a woman but I suppose that is me being a bit naive.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Laughing at fat@ass cop who pulls on the ladies shoe and goes flying backwards. Forget about psychological tests, don't they have any physical tests? Fat@ss needs to lay off the donuts.
Lets hope these 2 fired losers are not collecting government pensions right now.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,353 times
I can here the bald one now...

"I am Sheriff Buford T. Justice. What we have here is a total lack of respect for the law"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime