Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:42 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,204,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Susan Atkins died over a year ago. It's old news, but it's interesting to note how blood thirsty Americans can be. Do any of you feel any safer now she's dead? I doubt.

Atkins et al committed the crimes decades ago, and I know they were not the same people 40 years later. Sure what they did to their victims were heinous and hard to forgive or forget. But over the years Atkins, Van Houten and Krenwinkle have demonstrated their remorse over the crimes of their youth.

Think about it people. It was a different age, they were terribly misguided young women, under the influence of a demented man as well as drugs. You all nor I, can imagine anyone having that sort of influence over us, but they allowed it.

It's time Van Houten and Krenwinkle were released.

And the monster called Manson? Who created him? Society did. We make up a society.

regarding your 3rd paragraph---------I don't believe in justifying why people commit murders.

You post sounded like a justification for poor,poor misunderstood( sarc) Atkins.

In regards to your last sentence.................. why should society be blamed for Charles Manson?

I, and many others, lived thru the same era of society that he did. The vast majority ended up productive citizens who were not strung out on drugs .

Personal choices-----------is what distinguishes myself ( and the vast majority from that era) from Charles Manson.

Last edited by marmac; 06-27-2010 at 04:12 PM..

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime