Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM

138 posts, read 269,730 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if there is any kind of company around where we could "hire" someone to help me out in the first couple weeks to show me around. As in Grocery stores, docs, vets, and stuff like that. I think that would be really helpful to get us settled down sooner. Stupid question? I have more of them, lol be patient with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 11:36 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,747,759 times
I have some links I can send you that will be helpful I think. You guys still thinking of living in Oro Valley?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:52 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
Rick and I both live in OV and I, too, can answer any questions you have. Rick's the best when it comes to OV, though! I've only been here 3 years. Still, ask away, we'll all be glad to help!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 AM

So glad it was not a stupid question.
Thank you so much. Yes we will be very happy in Oro Valley I think. I would love some links thank you. It will be so weird not knowing where anything is. I grew up in Ma and lived in NH for so long, I know Everywhere, including Boston. So I will bring my Gps with me for sure. I do wish I was going in 3 weeks as Mike is but thats okay time will go fast (I hope). They will put him some place for the next 2 months so he will be all set. Do alot of people have scotters (mopeds) out there? I was thinking about getting one, I have a mazda 3 with leather seats, dont think leather seats will be comfortable out there. And go figure the seats are heated, lol. Dont think i will be using that button to often there. Okay I am rambling.
Thank you for being so nice. I will use this post for all my crazy questions. We are talking to the company that will be helping us move today so I am sure that alot of questions will be anwsered then also. Again thank you.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:20 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,747,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena and mike View Post
Thank you so much. Yes we will be very happy in Oro Valley I think. I would love some links thank you. It will be so weird not knowing where anything is. I grew up in Ma and lived in NH for so long, I know Everywhere, including Boston. So I will bring my Gps with me for sure. I do wish I was going in 3 weeks as Mike is but thats okay time will go fast (I hope). They will put him some place for the next 2 months so he will be all set. Do alot of people have scotters (mopeds) out there? I was thinking about getting one, I have a mazda 3 with leather seats, dont think leather seats will be comfortable out there. And go figure the seats are heated, lol. Dont think i will be using that button to often there. Okay I am rambling.
Thank you for being so nice. I will use this post for all my crazy questions. We are talking to the company that will be helping us move today so I am sure that alot of questions will be anwsered then also. Again thank you.
Not many Mopeds out in the OV area, golf carts and biking is the preferred method of alternative transportation. Lots of bike lanes, if you are into biking it is a great area.

Leather Seats; Nothing wrong with leather seats in AZ. I have heated leather seats in my car. Dont' need to use the heater part that often, but my little pug dog thinks it is quite a treat to have a heated seat to sit on when we go out on a cool winter morning. No matter what kind of car you have or what kind of seats you have, you will want to get a window shade to put in your front window when you park in the sun.

As Marcy mentioned, when you have specific questions in regards to vets etc. we are all here to help. Just give us a shout.

I sent you the E-Relo links I promised in a PM.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena and mike View Post
Don't be too quick to toss those heated seats, Helena . . .

After adapting to this climate, I have a feeling you'll use those heated seats more than you think.

As for the leather seats . . . there are lots of simple, easy to install and remove, "towel" seat covers that work well during the Monsoon Season (July and August).

Good Luck

Old 04-08-2011, 02:02 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
Helena, I have heated AND cooled seats, plus heated windshield washer fluid. (My car's from the mountains in CO). I also have AWD. My suggestion for you is to download Google Earth if you don't have it, and then plug in the cross streets of Oracle (Hwy 77) and Rudasill. Then go slowly north on Oracle with the "up" direction arrow on the screen and note what pops up as far as grocery cart icons, church, school, bank, park, hotel. restaurant, etc. Keep going north on Oracle but take a detour west on First Avenue to Naranja, or up to Tangerine where 1st changes into Rancho Vistoso. Take Tangerine east past the hospital and it'll meet up with Oracle again. On that corner is Oro Valley Market Place. Then, just fly around from Lambert to La Cholla or La Canada, First and Tangerine, and just check OV out. Zoom in on houses, see what looks interesting to you. That'll give you a feel for where you'll be and what it'll look like. Just a thought!

Old 04-09-2011, 04:20 AM

Well I think I like the moped idea but we will see, (maybe a cute pink or purple one, lol). Thank you all for posting and helping. Heated seats it is, lol. I have never heard of cooled seats, what a great concept I think I want those, lol. Rick thank you so much for the link. I read lots of it and wow the phone #s are awesome, that right there is going to save us much time. To bad you do not show homes to rent. We will probably buy but I want to get to know the area first that way we will know exactly where we want to live for the next 20 years. Marcy I got so confused just reading all them streets, lol. But I am sure it is much easier then it looks and I will get to know it all, thank you. I will get those towel seats Bummer thank you for sharing.
A realestate guy is coming tomorrow so Mike and I are going crazy getting rid of the clutter ( I so love my clutter in every corner) A friend of mine is moving from her parents and has nothing for her apartment so yes there goes much stuff to her. We will fit her apartment with all kinds of stuff, talk about downsizing. Again thank you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: