Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:37 AM

66 posts, read 337,268 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am considering moving myself (and 4 JR terriers) to Tucson. It seems more afforadable to purchase a 30' travel trailer and move only what is necessary (sell the trailer after I'm done). I know the summer is hot, so my question is what would be the best season to move (I also have to sell my home in MD). Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 07:55 AM

6 posts, read 12,999 times
I am planning on Moving from New York City to Arizona in about a year from now.
We are getting tired of the weather, tolls, low paying jobs, High real estate. High Taxes among other things. I heard Arizona is a great place to live. Please let me know what areas are good to live and how are the jobs in Finance????? Help???

Thank You

Old 03-31-2008, 10:11 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,690,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner1 View Post
Hello, I am considering moving myself (and 4 JR terriers) to Tucson. It seems more afforadable to purchase a 30' travel trailer and move only what is necessary (sell the trailer after I'm done). I know the summer is hot, so my question is what would be the best season to move (I also have to sell my home in MD). Thanks in advance!
Personally, roadrunner . . . I'll take the two or three months of Summer Heat here in Tucson over the eight or nine months of Summer Heat (plus humidity) and Winter Cold that Maryland offers.

As for time to move . . . I would avoid July and August if possible.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:26 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,722 times
Yep I agree with Bummer, July and August heat would not be pleasant while unloading a trailer. Also monsoon season will be full swing and that could put a damper on things as well.

Unless May/June is too soon (might be considering you have a home to sell) I'd vote for September/October. Housing market would also have cooled down a bit from the summer peak of activity.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:46 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,503,386 times
I'd vote for as soon as you can do it even if that's mid-summer! It's a great place to live. Get up super early (like 4am) and unload that trailer and be done with it. Then sit back with a drink and enjoy life.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:55 PM

6 posts, read 18,373 times
Stay northeast,east, northwest, Oro Valley.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlyeyes View Post
Stay northeast,east, northwest, Oro Valley.
Why? I am considering Vail or Green Valley, Spring 2010.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:40 AM

529 posts, read 2,393,722 times
I have a feeling googlyeyes was responding to leo442 and not the OP.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:54 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner1 View Post
So, we made the move from Maryland to AZ last summer - we arrived July 28th. Yeah, it was hot... really hot. And although there was humidity, it wasn't quite as bad as MD.

Anyway, we rented a large Penske truck that my husband and his dad drove. We rented a trailer to tow the Jeep behind it. That fit all of our stuff. Then my sister and I drove my Subaru with 3 cats (yeah, that was a loud trip - thank God for Acepromezine). We did the trip over 5 days just to make it a little easier on ourselves. We took I-70 from the Baltimore beltway all the way to Colorado Springs, CO.

It actually wasn't a bad trip. I'm not sure if you have anyone to help with your move, but that sure would make it a lot easier if you're not the sole driver. As for why we moved in July... we had to sell our house and couldn't really do that until I finished my degree. Like I said, it was hot, but we did most of the major unloading in the morning and evening and during the main heat of the day we unpacked boxes inside the house.

Just for my own curiosity, what part of MD are you from? Good luck to ya!

Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 PM

I am outside of DC, I sent you a PM back in March. I have a friend that is comming with me and my dogs. She loves the south west orginally from England. My family will probably help us in the move. I meant to say cargo trailer and not travel trailer. We have her mini c and my motorcyce to move as well as some home furnishings (tools) that I want to move. In the process of redoing kitchen now to help with house resale. Have a couple of other things to do to the house before the move to. As well as the job search in AZ. Thanks for your info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson