Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 08:30 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,859,071 times

Advertisements

It was pretty cool to have this bobcat show up in our back yard. Had I not looked out the kitchen window when I did and been curious what that gray triangle was (bobcat ear), I could have missed the whole thing! The time from when I first saw the cat, and when it jumped off the fence was only about 30 seconds, and I had to run to get my camera. I am just glad I captured what I did so I could share it with you all!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hbw4z8uEvw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2023, 08:43 PM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times
I am not sure I would feel happy about that if I had my slider open with just the screen on it.

Your kitty cat not super happy

Domestic cats are not too far off their wild counterparts.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I am not sure I would feel happy about that if I had my slider open with just the screen on it.

Your kitty cat not super happy

Domestic cats are not too far off their wild counterparts.
I hear ya Wile E.! I damn sure would not one of those in the house!!! It was cool to see it cruise through though. There have been reports of a Mountain Lion in the area, but I have yet to catch one on my trail cam. Yes, as you heard, my cat, Blaze was not too happy seeing his bigger cousin. I am sure he has no idea he would be a meal for the bobcat. Blaze does NOT go outside precisely for this reason.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:53 PM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
I hear ya Wile E.! I damn sure would not one of those in the house!!! It was cool to see it cruise through though. There have been reports of a Mountain Lion in the area, but I have yet to catch one on my trail cam. Yes, as you heard, my cat, Blaze was not too happy seeing his bigger cousin. I am sure he has no idea he would be a meal for the bobcat. Blaze does NOT go outside precisely for this reason.

Yeah, Blaze is living in an alternative universe without knowing it. He's all cocky (safe inside the house)

I think about this when the coyotes are super close in the 25 acres behind my house. I think just how easy it would be for them to hop the fence and barrel through my screen door and take one or more of my cats as a midnight snack.

But, then I leave my door open anyways for the fresh air.

Old 12-11-2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah, Blaze is living in an alternative universe without knowing it. He's all cocky (safe inside the house)

I think about this when the coyotes are super close in the 25 acres behind my house. I think just how easy it would be for them to hop the fence and barrel through my screen door and take one or more of my cats as a midnight snack.

Blaze is amazingly brave behind a window or door! As soon as the door opens, he runs and hides behind the entertainment center or under a bed in one of the bedrooms! I am sure he has no idea that he would be on the menu for a bobcat. As for the screen door situation, we have to get that fresh air when we can. I think it is highly unlikely that a coyote would come through a screen door for a cat, but if you notice, I did not say "impossible"! ;-) Keep those kitties SAFE!

Old 12-12-2023, 06:20 PM

251 posts, read 203,248 times
Thanks for the bobcat video, at first glance it just looked like a large cat but for the ears and shape of its face. Glad you captured Blaze's protest!

Old 12-12-2023, 10:05 PM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times
That was great! When living in SoCal I encountered them 3 times, & was amazed at how quickly they ran.

They are supposed to be here in PNW, but I haven’t seen any, although I did have a couple of close encounters with mountain lions (called cougars up here).

Your kitty sounded concerned!

Old 12-12-2023, 11:53 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Bobbi comes by for breakfast most mornings (friend in Tucson)
https://www.city-data.com/forum/memb...obcat-2618.jpg
https://www.city-data.com/forum/memb...obcat-2611.jpg

Very patient.....
Very quick...

Very, very selective - only goes for his favorite species. The others are safe. Especially the pigeons and doves

Old 12-13-2023, 12:03 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,311 times
Quote:

You just described my 7 pound yorkie. She think she's one of the big dogs and is always trying to assert her mighty, little dominance. I tell her "the big dogs see you as a yappy chew toy." In one ear and out the other.

Old 12-17-2023, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_MD View Post
Thanks for the bobcat video, at first glance it just looked like a large cat but for the ears and shape of its face. Glad you captured Blaze's protest!
Welcome JD_MD! Blaze is a pretty good sized cat, and when you see Blaze with the bobcat in the background, you quickly realize that this cat is on a whole other level! Like I said, Blaze is very brave behind a window. If her were outside when the bobcat went by, I am sure he would have kept his mouth shut!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: