Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:33 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Back east at christmas time...my neighbors look like they have a circus on there front lawn with all the decorations they put up. Do people use those big huge blow up things on there lawns here? Please say no!!!
Oh, I hate those things!! How does a giant inflatable Tigger say "happy birthday Jesus"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Back east at christmas time...my neighbors look like they have a circus on there front lawn with all the decorations they put up. Do people use those big huge blow up things on there lawns here? Please say no!!!
Thankfully, Milliebfit . . . those plastic buggers just don't last long in the Arizona sun.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:13 PM

38 posts, read 126,429 times
Default About decorating for Christmas in Arizona>>>>>>>>>

At least your hands won't freeze off like ours do living in Jackson, Michigan.
Trying to put up the lights and attach them to the white plastic things when it's 20 degrees or less and blowing snow is murder.
I am going to enjoy putting out lights and decorating when we finally get to Arizona.
Some of our family members ask, "won't it seem like it's not Christmas with no snow"?
"Are you nuts"? I ask.
Christmas is Christmas with or with out SNOW.
I sure want to give it a try.
Thanks for letting me Vent.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
Oh, I hate those things!! How does a giant inflatable Tigger say "happy birthday Jesus"?
Yesterday I noticed the oinkers are getting into the Christmas business, too. Remember in the past there were only bears for Valentine's day and then the monkeys and God knows what else invaded...

Old 09-30-2008, 11:34 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
It's not dumb. I bought a "wreath" of chiles in Hatch, NM and then spray painted them in a clear, satin to preserve them. I hung them on my front door in Colorado, took lots of pictures and will make it in to a Christmas card. In Tucson, we're going to get miniature lights and drape them around the house. Dh wants to get "chilie" lights and hang them, too. But, we're going to do a basically southwestern theme.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yesterday I noticed the oinkers are getting into the Christmas business, too. Remember in the past there were only bears for Valentine's day and then the monkeys and God knows what else invaded...

We have to be all inclusive now ya know.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:20 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Kemmer View Post
At least your hands won't freeze off like ours do living in Jackson, Michigan.
Trying to put up the lights and attach them to the white plastic things when it's 20 degrees or less and blowing snow is murder.
I am going to enjoy putting out lights and decorating when we finally get to Arizona.
Some of our family members ask, "won't it seem like it's not Christmas with no snow"?
"Are you nuts"? I ask.
Christmas is Christmas with or with out SNOW.
I sure want to give it a try.
Thanks for letting me Vent.
I will sheepishly admit it. I'm gonna miss the snow. I LOVE the first snowfall of the year (and I wasn't too far from you out in Western Washtenaw County!). I love the smell, sounds and sights of a blanket of snow on the lawns, trees, rooftops etc. The lights glistening underneath them. Decorating the tree with Christmas music on, the heat going and hot chocolate on the stove. *sigh* I think I'm gonna be a little homesick this Christmas season. All those Christmas songs that invoke things like "White Christmas" and "Sleighride" etc.

Of course when I'm grilling out Christmas Eve I might giggle at the thought.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
I will sheepishly admit it. I'm gonna miss the snow. I LOVE the first snowfall of the year (and I wasn't too far from you out in Western Washtenaw County!). I love the smell, sounds and sights of a blanket of snow on the lawns, trees, rooftops etc. The lights glistening underneath them. Decorating the tree with Christmas music on, the heat going and hot chocolate on the stove. *sigh* I think I'm gonna be a little homesick this Christmas season. All those Christmas songs that invoke things like "White Christmas" and "Sleighride" etc.

Of course when I'm grilling out Christmas Eve I might giggle at the thought.
Hey, the weather is getting more and more weird here by the day. Who knows... you might get your white Christmas!

Just watch when it's gonna be "declared"!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:52 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Chili pepper lights, chili pepper lights, chili pepper lights!

Did I mention chili pepper lights?

Old 10-01-2008, 04:32 PM

20 posts, read 47,879 times
I personally can't wait for a warm christmas season. I donated all the kids snowmen turtlenecks. It was LIBERATING !!

16 days, 16 days !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson