Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:14 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,992,704 times

Advertisements

years ago there was a rather sleazy but good steak house called the Avalon Club. One of the few places that was open after hours, you could get a drink, and have a great rib eye. It was off the beaten path and was hard to find.......out by the Turner Turnpike Gate.

Then they upgraded the building, built a really nice facility, put it on the access road, reduced the quality of the steaks, increased the prices, and closed down a few years ago.

In its place is a newer restaurant called "Go West" this review says it all

Go West Restaurant & Bar - Tulsa Steakhouse Cowboy Cuisine | Tulsa Food

Their chicken fried steak is only $10.........their burger is a bit more, and their flat iron steak is $14............not a high dollar kind of place.......

I loved their Caesar Salad.......made with a black bean salsa...........

and I now have a new favorite dessert.........jalapeno cheesecake.

If you are in the area, try it out.

Go West Restaurant and Saloon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 AM

620 posts, read 1,752,944 times
Thanks ........ looks like a "must try" !

Old 01-25-2011, 03:20 PM

13 posts, read 28,661 times
Caesar salad...with black bean salsa? Not my idea of a caesar salad and I would be pretty upset if I ordered a caesar salad and got black bean salsa (unless it was stated on the menu)!

Old 01-25-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsacubfan View Post
Caesar salad...with black bean salsa? Not my idea of a caesar salad and I would be pretty upset if I ordered a caesar salad and got black bean salsa (unless it was stated on the menu)!
From the menu from the link above:

The Go West Caesar Salad
crisp tortilla strips, black bean relish

so you looking for a reason to get upset or can you read the menu?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,548,762 times
I love caesar salad, and I also like to try new things when I go out to eat. I just recently tried the black bean salsa. It is delicious. But to each his own.

I always say let's get something we have never had before and then we can sample each other's plate.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 AM

304 posts, read 889,160 times
Thanks for the new restaurant. Avalon was kind of neat, will have to try the new place!

Old 02-05-2011, 08:52 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,548,776 times
Quote:
I understand what you are saying. But the black beans is VERY subtle and, to my surprize, VERY nice ....

Old 02-09-2011, 08:23 AM

13 posts, read 28,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
From the menu from the link above:

The Go West Caesar Salad
crisp tortilla strips, black bean relish

so you looking for a reason to get upset or can you read the menu?
There was no mention in the posting that the menu stated it had black bean salsa. It just said love their caesar salad....it's made with black bean salsa.

Really no reason to get snide...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 AM

620 posts, read 1,752,944 times
The menu does say it includes the black bean salsa.

http://www.gowestrestaurant.com/menu...t%20Dinner.pdf

Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
There was no mention in the posting that the menu stated it had black bean salsa. It just said love their caesar salad....it's made with black bean salsa.
And you made the assumption that it was a surprise, although I posted a link where you could view the menu where it clearly states that there are black beans in it. Further, while my opinion was my opinion, your assumption led you to state "I would be pretty upset if I ordered a caesar salad and got black bean salsa," an implied criticism of both my taste and the restaurant. Both of which were unwarranted as the link to the restaurant works and it is clearly stated on the menu.

Other than that, have you tried it yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: