Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 PM

14 posts, read 49,354 times

Advertisements

I have lived in our Condo since 2000. We are close to Utica Square. We have 3 neighbors that have about 10 dogs combined. These Dogs bark constantly. Our unit is on the end of the building and the yards face our building. I am dictated when I can go to bed, when I have to wake up, I can never take a nap, and I when I watch TV I have to keep the volume up to drown out the barking dogs. I have called the animal shelter and non emergency numbers for Police with no avail.

A couple of years ago my Husband and I spent nearly $6000.00 and donated a summers worth of time fixing up the yard around our building. We planted a community garden including cucumbers, several varieties of peas, watermelon, cantelope, peach trees, amoung other vegetables. We kept the areas weeded, fed the plants with miracle grow and tended everything carefully.

One morning I looked out my window to see the garden. There were 3 people with 6 dogs, half off leashes, defecating in the garden. No matter what we do we cannot get away from dog owners that are the most disgusting people that I have ever encountered in my 50 years on the planet. What is wrong with Tulsa? I've lived in 4 other states - metropolitan areas - and at no time have I ever come across a more disgusting breed of people than I have in Tulsa. They won't let their dogs crap in front of their doors but they will bring them all the way down to mine and won't pick up. These are the same people that greedily help themselves to the fruits and vegetables without even saying hi or thank you. The only thing they leave us is a big pile of steaming crap and a herd of barking dogs.

I cannot stand Tulsa and have not uttered a word against anyone since I moved here in 1999. We are salvaging whatever we can and will be moving this spring. Until then, I'm letting everyone know what Tulsa has been like to us. It's just one big steaming bowl of dog crap and I can't wait to leave.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:22 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
What do you mean, "Breed of people"? Sorry that Tulsa wasn't for you. So how did you feel about the other places you lived? Were you glad to leave them, too? I read your other post where you said you lived around Utica Square. Specifically what zip code do you live in?

Old 12-05-2007, 09:15 AM

I apologize for the "breed". I should have said "group". The group of people that I have encountered in Tulsa that own dogs, let them bark constantly. My Mother lives across town in a nice area and she has the same problem.

Among the places that I have lived are So. California. People are not overly friendly there and mostly keep to themselves. I do not ever remember someone letting their dogs bark for hours, days, months, at a time. Everyplace will have it's problems but at least in the places that I have lived people do not infringe on others peoples spaces. It is called respect for your neighbors. How can you sit inside your house and not do anything about 4 of your dogs are barking for hours and into the night? I'm talking about 2:00 in the morning with no end in sight.

Again, no place is perfect but here's a fact from MY own personal experience: Tulsa is hands down the worst in every category that I have lived. I apologize if I hurt anyones feelings but that is my experience.

Hey, why don't I just give you my address? Why would you want to know my zip code? That's a little scary.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,845 times
WOW- Leaving tulsa. No need to apologize. To be honest why even bother to post...all of us are laughing at you.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:31 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving Tulsa View Post
Everyplace will have it's problems but at least in the places that I have lived people do not infringe on others peoples spaces.
Here is a list of REALLY quiet neighborhoods you might find helpful

QUIET NEIGHBORHOODS

Old 12-05-2007, 11:55 AM

Obviously you've never left Oklahoma except on vacation. Your opinion speaks for itself. Out of 4 responses nobody addresses the problems that I have stated. Just a blantant attack if you don't like what someone says. Your response is being read all over the world and believe me, cultured people would appreciate an intellegent rebuttle not an elementary school response.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:10 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving Tulsa View Post
Obviously you've never left Oklahoma except on vacation. Your opinion speaks for itself. Out of 4 responses nobody addresses the problems that I have stated. Just a blantant attack if you don't like what someone says. Your response is being read all over the world and believe me, cultured people would appreciate an intellegent rebuttle not an elementary school response.
I'm really sorry that you've had a negative experience in Tulsa LT, I really am. I really don't know what to say other than those things that you have experienced could happen anywhere. I've lived in Tulsa and I found it to be one of the most pleasant cities I've ever been in, and I've lived all over the US and in foreign countries (Europe). I've also traveled to many cities and have found Tulsa one of the most desirable of the lot.

I'm sure there are many people that have found Tulsa not to be their cup of tea, just as many find the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Houston, Sacramento, Kansas City, Minneapolis, and the list goes on and on.

You've cited some instances about the rudeness of your neighbors but I've found the people in Tulsa to be some of the nicest people I've ever been around. Sometimes it looks suspicious when a person comes on to this forum and their very first post is to bash an entire city because of some bad experiences. Perhaps if you might have listed the reasons you moved to Tulsa in the first place (what made it desirable to you, etc) and maybe what you appreciated about the city mixed in with your dislikes it might not appear as though you were just another one of the many trolls that come through to do nothing but paint a horrible picture of an entire city.

I'm not saying you ARE a troll, but those are traits that are indicative of some of our regular trolls on the Oklahoma forum. They pop in, have nothing good to say and want to "tell the whole world" what a horrible place it is. They are usually people that just hate the entire state of Oklahoma for some odd reason. I've never understood that. To put down an entire city based on your opinion of a certain area.

Earlier Jammie asked you in another thread about your zip code, and your response was rather rude (i.e. "Why don't you just ask where I live? Weird..). Giving out a zip code in no way provides someone with your address. In a city the size of Tulsa, tens of thousands of people share the same zip code. To find your house in that would be like finding a needle in the haystack. Jammie was probably asking because if she moves to Tulsa (which she is considering; she rather liked the area) she might want to avoid the particular area that you spoke of. Or, maybe we are just trying to identify whether or not you really live in Tulsa because all you did was say that you live near Utica Square; a revelation of your zip code would provide at least scintilla of proof that you actually are a resident of the area of which you speak.

I hope you find a place where you can have peace and quiet, and I mean that sincerely. I wouldn't put up with barking dogs night and day either, it would drive me crazy. Good luck to wherever you end up.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:17 PM

Thank you for your response Goodpasture! It is greatly appreciated. I inadvertantly claimed that in 4 responses no one addressed the issues that I raised and again, I apologize. You are the only one that offered an intelligent response. I will be sure to pass it on when someone asks me what I thought about living in Tulsa. This information expecially helps people that are researching parts of the country that they would like to relocate. Lets not forget that this is being read all over the world not just in Tulsa. Your link is a wonderful resource and will help others narrow down areas that are condusive to living situations that make a house a home. Thank you Goodpastures!

Does anyone have an opinion regarding if it is right or wrong to live with barking dogs and people that don't pick up? Besides your response, Goodpastures, I have just been attacked for my personal experiences but no one comments on the heart of my post. Is it right or wrong to be a home owner in the midst of people infringing on my right to live in peace INSIDE my home? I would really like to know what other people think without elementary attacks.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:31 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,845 times
It really is very very hard to believe that Tulsans living near Utica Square would come over and eat your harvest then leave their steaming poop in exchange.

The "cultured people around the world" would surely read your experience and find it quite funny because I did. I would suggest spending more time to culture your FARM and think about your move. Maybe you can find a scarecrow at Saks to help you. Im just trying to help give you some advice on your farming.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:41 PM

Dear Synopsis,

The reason that I moved to Tulsa were two family suicides a week apart. I wish it could have been for other reasons but I was needed and I moved overnight. The Utica Square area was highly recommended. I was in shock and deep grief at the time. I was lucky to have the facilties to ask any questions at all regarding an emergency relocation.

Thank you for addressing the barking dogs issue. I work at home and am tired of scheduling my days and nights around my neighbors dogs.

I would like to address the zip code response. I have stated that I live in a condo near Utica Square. A zip code would narrow that down and it would be very easy to pinpoint my location. 1 + 1 = 2. I do not want to be stalked for any other reason than my right to free speech.

Let me also add that on my walks around the neighborhood, I have walked by a million dollar home that had large signs posted in their yard complaining about THEIR neighbors dogs.

How do you think it feels to spend all the time and money, trying to better my living situation, property value, and helping the less fortunate just to have your hard work crapped on? Could these dog owners at least have picked up after their dogs? Is this my job too besides all the work and plants that I have donated? Could they at least keep their dogs on leashes? IT'S THE LAW! Whomever reads this, please don't take this as an attack, just address how you would feel if you put all the time, money and effort into a project that people bring their dogs over to deficate on? There are some nice people here but, how would you excpect these same nice people to react to the situations that we have suffered.

Thank you again Synopsis. You have raised a lot of good questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: