Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 08:52 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm sorry but I must have missed the episode where she told him that he can't spend time with friends or can't see his parents on a regular basis. In fact, doesn't he go to his hometown at least every other week? Perhaps every week. To me, that's really excessive. Don't they live about three hours away? That means he's gone at least all day. Yet, I've never heard her tell him not to do that. Or hang out with friends.

Are we watching the same show?

I know exactly what you mean.
Sometimes it seems like we aren't all watching the same show. I saw exactly what you did, he's constantly wanting to be with his parents and hometown friends, he would like her to go with him every weekend, that's excessive. She isn't stopping him from going on his own, all she asking for is some time for the three of them to be their own little family, that's important for most couples and kids, Bethenny is not strange in wanting that. I sure don't want to spend every single weekend with my in laws, I want some time to just be with my guy and go to the farmers market, and out to brunch, or whatever, and if/when a child comes into the picture I would want some time just for our little family w/o all the inlaws and friends. Big family get togethers are great, but not every weekend, especially if it means a trip requiring overnight stays like with Jason's family.

Last edited by detshen; 04-03-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
^^Athough I think they're good together, I do get the feeling that they had a good "summer fling", then the slip (pregnant), then "hey, we're both middle aged.....let's get married" lol. I think about it that way because Jason just appeared all of a sudden KWIM?
I think they were both ready for children, and when they met things clicked, and so they decided not to waste any time, it wouldn't surprise me if they were lax about birth control, or didn't bother at all. I think they both wanted a child, getting married seemed more like an afterthought, or maybe because Jason's family is religious.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:35 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
I think Bethandthecity was desperate for a child, not a partner. Jason is starstruck and is riding her coattails for as long as Bravo gives her shows. he'll bail when it's just the 3 of them without cameras. and then she'll flap her gums about how all he wanted was fame ... Blahblah blah .... Poor me ... He's just like my father ... Oh brother. And then we'll have some Denise Richards type show ... bethenny on her own ... And we'll all get to watch her cry and make out like she's the eternal man victim ...

Crystal ball away.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
hiknapster, on Bethney Getting Married, she complained that Jason has friends and likes to spend time with them. She even complained about him spending time with his family at that time too. For the Christining of the baby he could only invite a few people because she didn't want it. He is doing way too much to make him happy. Although, she says she is ok with him spending time with his family she complains about it. I think he just wants to get away from her so if it takes 3 hours to get 2 days of piece I understand.

detshen, I'm sure the show created the therapist. I'm sure she never saw him before the show. This is just for TV and doubt she is seen by the same therapist when the cameras are not rolling.

domergurl, you hit the nail on the head!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
hiknapster, on Bethney Getting Married, she complained that Jason has friends and likes to spend time with them. She even complained about him spending time with his family at that time too. For the Christining of the baby he could only invite a few people because she didn't want it. He is doing way too much to make him happy. Although, she says she is ok with him spending time with his family she complains about it. I think he just wants to get away from her so if it takes 3 hours to get 2 days of piece I understand.

detshen, I'm sure the show created the therapist. I'm sure she never saw him before the show. This is just for TV and doubt she is seen by the same therapist when the cameras are not rolling.

domergurl, you hit the nail on the head!
And you know this because you've talked to him?

I think you are reading way more into this. You think that Bryn is going to have issues with Bethenny when she grows up. You think Jason visits his parents to get away from Bethenny. You've said that Bethenny wants to stay skinny and look fabulous in New York City and called her a "freak of nature." I suspect something else is going on here...

Old 04-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
And you know this because you've talked to him?

I think you are reading way more into this. You think that Bryn is going to have issues with Bethenny when she grows up. You think Jason visits his parents to get away from Bethenny. You've said that Bethenny wants to stay skinny and look fabulous in New York City and called her a "freak of nature." I suspect something else is going on here...
I suspect your right, why else would someone take every second of a TV show, and go to the most negative and ridiculous possible explanation, even if it doesn't make any sense at all.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM

We are on a thread commenting about somebody who put their life on TV. So my intentions are to communicate my obesrvations. Doesn't go any deeper than that.

Who in their right mind would want to spend every waking hour with Bethney? Again, if you are Bethney lovers more power to you. I try to follow the show because I've watched RHNY and liked her there. She just doesn't do it for me solo.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I think Bethandthecity was desperate for a child, not a partner. Jason is starstruck and is riding her coattails for as long as Bravo gives her shows. he'll bail when it's just the 3 of them without cameras. and then she'll flap her gums about how all he wanted was fame ... Blahblah blah .... Poor me ... He's just like my father ... Oh brother. And then we'll have some Denise Richards type show ... bethenny on her own ... And we'll all get to watch her cry and make out like she's the eternal man victim ...

Crystal ball away.
LOL. I like your crystal ball

Old 04-05-2011, 01:59 PM

Felt so sorry for Jason last night. B = super needy. I give this relationship 1 more year. Wonder if they signed a pre-nup?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:12 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,486 times
^Last night was a train wreck.

I can identify with Bethenny on many levels. I have parents that certainly won't be getting any awards for parenting & a lot of people that knew me just thought of me as an orphan. But like in Bethenny's case it was a little worse because my parents actually are alive & live close by but just didn't have anything to do with me for a long time in my life, despite me being an all around good person & contributor to society.

I see as clear as crystal what Bethenny's issues are, but I don't understand the extent of how she lets it rule her life. Like Bethenny, I don't make huge fusses over my birthday when they come around but I could at least put on that happy face that Jason needed her to & be gracious. I know it's hard to be strong all the time, but last night just seemed a little too much for me & I of all people should be able to understand, but I just couldn't get there last night & wanted to tell her to snap out of it!

Courtney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV