Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times

Advertisements

I really like this show and I do like the style that she dresses herself in a lot. I can't help, but, to think that Rachael looks great if she was 53 years old although I think she is like 38 or something and so for 38 she really isn't looking all that great. I love Brad though and really didn't care for Taylor's additude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 10:52 AM

874 posts, read 1,660,021 times
I thought Taylor got fired?

Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
I thought Taylor got fired?
She did.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,096 times
I never understood why Taylor was kept around with that bad attitude, and was certainly not sorry to see her go. But to find out WHY she was fired was just shocking. I get that I didn't like her, but her boss, Rachel LOVED her. To betray her like that is just unspeakable and I really do feel for Rachel.

I agree - I think Brad is great! I love to see the styles - and while I can never imagine me having a "Chanel Heart Attack", I do like seeing what the latest trends are. Those shoes Demi wore in that shoot with the giraffe! WOW! Can't see myself strutting about in those in the workplace!

It's wonderful to see this show back.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:53 PM

367 posts, read 415,341 times
Love this show ... mainly because I love to listen to Rachel talk (and Brad). I have the new episodes on my TiVo, but I did get a short glimpse the other day ...!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:13 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,473,128 times
I get torn on the whole Rachel/Taylor dynamic. In the first season, Taylor was made to look like a sulky b**** who treated Brad like dirt. In the second season, she was a lot more sympathetic to me because it was increasingly obvious where her frustrations were really coming from: Rachel's incompetence. Truth is, Rachel Zoe is a horrible manager and some of the things she did in season 2 would've had me reaching for a bottle (first to drain it dry and then brain her with it)! Remember the whole "Who's going to Paris?" fiasco?

On the other hand, Taylor is also incredibly moody and I completely understand how difficult it is to work with someone so mercurial. Taylor did not handle it at all well and never really attempted to sort things out with Rachel in a mature and non-confrontational way. I do find it intriguing that Rachel honestly doesn't think she did anything wrong and takes no responsibility for Taylor's increasing unhappiness and antipathy towards her.

I think it would've been really interesting if we'd seen Taylor and Rachel together from the very beginning of their relationship because it almost sounds like a love affair that just went horribly bad as time went on. And who doesn't wish they'd filmed the confrontation between Taylor and Rachel's husband? He almost made it sound as tho Taylor might have been stealing from the company!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:25 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
I get torn on the whole Rachel/Taylor dynamic. In the first season, Taylor was made to look like a sulky b**** who treated Brad like dirt. In the second season, she was a lot more sympathetic to me because it was increasingly obvious where her frustrations were really coming from: Rachel's incompetence. Truth is, Rachel Zoe is a horrible manager and some of the things she did in season 2 would've had me reaching for a bottle (first to drain it dry and then brain her with it)! Remember the whole "Who's going to Paris?" fiasco?

On the other hand, Taylor is also incredibly moody and I completely understand how difficult it is to work with someone so mercurial. Taylor did not handle it at all well and never really attempted to sort things out with Rachel in a mature and non-confrontational way. I do find it intriguing that Rachel honestly doesn't think she did anything wrong and takes no responsibility for Taylor's increasing unhappiness and antipathy towards her.

I think it would've been really interesting if we'd seen Taylor and Rachel together from the very beginning of their relationship because it almost sounds like a love affair that just went horribly bad as time went on. And who doesn't wish they'd filmed the confrontation between Taylor and Rachel's husband? He almost made it sound as tho Taylor might have been stealing from the company!
I agree with you, chilaili, that Rachel was somewhat responsible for a lot of Taylor's moods and that the "who's going to Paris" thing was really handled badly, but I would have fired Taylor's butt a long time ago. Their problems aside, Taylor's moodiness and bad attitude was just so unprofessional and made it difficult to work with her. She got even worse when Brad came.

I, too, would have loved to seen the confrontation between Taylor and Rachel's husband. I'm sure more will come to light in episodes to come.

In the meantime, I think Brad did a fine job on the Demi Moore shoot, and even Rachel seemed a lot calmer without all the Taylor drama. I hope he gets a chance to really prove himself and that the new girl they hired works out well.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Taylor was so moody and Rachel was a horrible boss. Two horrible combinations. I do applaud Rachel for trusting her employees like family members (good family members) but her indecisiveness made for a horrible work environment and her unwilling to make decisions as the boss just festered and fed Taylor's passive aggressive nature. Taylor seemed like such a tortured soul. I loved to see when Brad to get through that thick ice wall and get her to chill out and laugh. Still, it is no reason to act out like she did and to have possibly misappropriated funds from the company too.

Someone please give Rodger a new hair-cut I'm just sayin'

Brad showed that he is capable of performing and keeping a good sense of humor to keep Rachel calm.

I cannot believe that Rachel wore those boots to the Demi shoot on the beach!

Obviously my sense of fashion is too sensible as I could never see any woman wearing the shoes Demi had on with the giraffe. All the photos were awesome

It's scares me the about the possibility of Rachel having a biological or adopted child. She would freak gaining weight and the child would be malnourished

Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times
I stopped watching this show because I couldn't stand Taylor. But now that she got fired and is not longer on the show I might start watching again.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post

Obviously my sense of fashion is too sensible as I could never see any woman wearing the shoes Demi had on with the giraffe
I think the shoes are considered conceptual by nature. They're really quite iconic. The were created by Alexander McQueen (pure genious and very avant garde) as part of his very last line (he committed suicide earlier this year).

A version of the shoes were also made famous in the Bad Romance video by Lady Gaga.

Anywho, all that aside - I don't really like Rachel Zoe herself I watch the show though because I love the clothing. Maybe I could take Taylor's place - LOL!!!!!!!!!! Also, I thought the shoot with Demi Moore was fabulous. The really do a good job styling. That Carolina Herrera dress was magnificent!

Did anyone else notice how the bones in her (RZ) chest were showing through her skin? Eat a burger lady!

Last edited by Halo_in_reverse; 08-05-2010 at 02:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV