Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:20 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

My Wife and Kids is coming to N@N at the end of the month?? First Everybody Hates Chris and now this show???

Damm it's a shame none of the shows below cannnot find a place on the N@N schedule

Growing pains
Head of the Class
Gimme a Break
Who's the Boss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 02:55 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Yea, most of the tv networks are leaving the older shows in the past and picking up the new ones.

On that note, most of the cable networks have left their channel history behind...A&E is different these days, same for the Discovery networks. Hell, look at N@N brother of TV Land..they are slowly moving away from their programming too.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:30 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,733,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
My Wife and Kids is coming to N@N at the end of the month?? First Everybody Hates Chris and now this show???

Damm it's a shame none of the shows below cannnot find a place on the N@N schedule

Growing pains
Head of the Class
Gimme a Break
Who's the Boss
Amen!!! I remember the days when Nick at Nite was Family Ties, The Cosby Show, Roseanne, Who's the Boss, Cheers, Wings, Taxi, The Mary Tyler Moore show, etc. Everybody Hates Chris... well add me to the last, I hate you too... and My Wife and Kids is OK, but sometimes can be corny. Those shows belong on the CW, or TBS, or on one of the Network stations as syndication. It doesn't belong on Nick at Nite.

And for Nike at Nite's sister station TV Land, they are making the same mistakes. I like Everybody Loves Raymond, I like The Nanny too, but I don't think they belong on TV Land. The Nanny could be with The Golden Girls on Hallmark or WE... or put it back on Lifetime like it was for many years. TV Land should be All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Bewitched, Mr. Ed, I Love Lucy... the older shows. That's what TV Land was suppose to be orignially.

As PKCorey said, TV channels are slowly moving away from what their programming should be, and it's sad. Who would have ever thought of the day when TV Land would air that Money show with Joan Rivers. C'mon. Nick and Nite... same thing, get back to the way it use to be.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:04 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
ALN (American Life Network) features some classics, such as back to back Phyllis and Rhoda 5 days a week.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
ALN (American Life Network) features some classics, such as back to back Phyllis and Rhoda 5 days a week.

A channel I wish I had

Old 08-14-2010, 09:14 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Everybody Hates Chris... well add me to the last, I hate you too...
TV Land should be All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Bewitched, Mr. Ed, I Love Lucy... the older shows. That's what TV Land was suppose to be orignially.
I thought I was the only one that said that in my head when I read that title or the show Just Shoot Me. I always 'think' I would if I could.

SCG you left out my fav Petticoat Junction. I remember 15 or so years ago working 2nd shift coming home to watch black & white shows like I Married Joan, Honeymooners, Burns & Allen. Those shows were before my time but I liked watching them late at night corny at times but funny also.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:54 PM

30 posts, read 75,413 times
I agree... Nick at Nite is going down hill. I remember when they had shows that were actually 20+ years old. Now I see that they're gonna add Friends? Oh no... I miss the shows they used to have, like Full House, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and even Home Improvement (Man, they axed that show quick, eh?) The only new show worth watching is George Lopez ... however, I think its days are numbered...

I think they need to add some classic 90s Nickelodeon to their lineup. Man, it would be great to see The Adventures of Pete and Pete or Clarissa Explains It All again... Or, how awesome would it be to see Dinosaurs?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
I'd kill to see some Growing Pains or even Who's the Boss again.

My Wife & Kids never entertained me

Old 08-15-2010, 05:18 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
I would love to see:

I Love Lucy
The Honeymooners

Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

Growing pains
Head of the Class
Gimme a Break
Who's the Boss
Growing Pains had a brief N@N run before. So did Who's The Boss.

I think the main issue N@N has is that before it was airing shows that were 10 years old or older. Now it's airing shows that were just canceled. I'd prefer they not do nay marathons but have a lineup like they used to. I loved Murphy Brown until they started showing 8 episodes a night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV