Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else been watching this? Seems like Nom Nom has the best business sense out of all the contestants. They will be hurting when they show up in a city that doesn't care about Vietnamese sandwiches, though. San Diego and Austin are pretty good places to sell them but not sure how it will go over in Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
We have been watching it. They are coming to Ft Worth next. Wish I would have known I would have gone out there for them. DARNIT!!!!! I'd be going to see the sandwich guys I've seen the grill'em guys on another food network or something like it channel recently. The Nom Nom truck not doing the challenges could come back to bit them. They are going to have to do them or they could get knocked out. While I LOOOOOVE cajun food and theirs looked really good, that dude was driving me crazy w/ Ragin Cagun. The first thought in my head when they were announced the truck that was going home: GOOD! I don't have to hear that blasted whistle anymore.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:04 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I wanted to watch this and forgot!! I'll catch it for sure next week!

Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM

422 posts, read 1,362,092 times
I have been enjoying this show. I am not sure how the French guys are still in the race. Agreee with above poster about the Ragin Cajun being annoying.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:53 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,031 times
I agree about the French guys. They are going to hit a city that just won't be into fancy french cuisine, especially from a truck! I'm surprised they lasted this long. I would have thought the Cajun food would have been more popular.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I agree about the French guys. They are going to hit a city that just won't be into fancy french cuisine, especially from a truck! I'm surprised they lasted this long. I would have thought the Cajun food would have been more popular.
That one got me as well. I think what saved the French truck this week was they bought their supplies wholesale from a restaurant. They were able to buy more and sell more. Everyone else went to a regular grocery store which was odd. In San Diego they were at Restaurant Depot (LOOOOVE that place). The French guys also seemed to look DEAD the entire time. If the Cajun truck had been in a better location from the get go I think they would have made it thru, whistle and all.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,973,903 times
What the heck is the Food Networks affinity with cupcakes and food trucks? Goodness gracious, can we have a show about where I don't have to listen to some Northern Californian yelling "Triple D" which causes my cat to hyperventilate because she thinks were going to Dairy Queen (hey, she's a cat - she can't spell).

The Food Channel is just stupid. We don't make cupcakes in my house and we damn sure don't eat at food trucks. We gather at the table like good South Texas folk and wonder what would Jerry Springer do.

Actually, we don't. But I wanted to present a scenario as stupid as the Food Network.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:56 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Awhile back on the Travel channel it had a show about food trucks. The big area they were "coming out" was in MN. Can ya believe it? At any rate they were becoming a huge success with more vendors getting trucks to sell to the MN crowds. Lunch and dinner times.

I think FoodNetwork got wind of it and birthed this new show.

The concept is awesome for areas that don't have an abundance of food choices. More midwest areas need to grab onto the food truck concept.

Ragin Cajun's front guy was their down fall I think.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:25 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,414,906 times
I can't stand looking at the french guy with that hair crawling down his chin. I want to get a scissors and chop it The show is just okay when I have nothing else to watch

Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
My favorites are Nom Nom and least favorite is the french food truck. Seems kind of odd buying escargot from a truck, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV