Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Im sorry not watching this no talent tea party trash and she has been having all of her friends vote for her chubby little daughter on dwts . excuse me you should be making that girl be home taking care of that baby instead of out and about on the dance floor flashing her flab for the world to see . I dont know how anyone stands these ppl and guess what sarah no one cares what you think about your neighbor he paid for his property same as you and you have no right to tell him what to do with his own property . Yeah your kids are all going to grow up messed up bristol is proof of that .
If you are not watching this, then how do you know what is going on, on the show?

As far as I know there are no tv police, who break into a persons house, hold a gun to their head and force them to watch a show they don't like, you don't like it and what the people in it stand for, then exercise your right of freedom and change the channel.

As for your assertion that her kids are going to grow up messed up, then they should fit right in with the majority of the kids. Mistakes happen, girls get pg out of wed-lock all the time, it has been happening forever, even daughters of Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I thought it was pretty good. A little slow at times. What a great place for those lucky kids to grow up though. Absolutely beautiful.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I thought it was pretty good. A little slow at times. What a great place for those lucky kids to grow up though. Absolutely beautiful.

I have to agree, it is absolutely beautiful, I will probably never have the chance to go to Alaska, so it was nice to see the parts they did show. I thought it was so cool when the plane took off after they went fishing and how small the plane looked against the background. Loved watching the bears, that was very cool.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:55 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
It's pretty but Alaska has a lot of social problems especially Wasilla, it is reputed to be a pretty active meth area.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:31 PM

27 posts, read 30,458 times
We watch this series for the Alaska scenery in hi-def. That's pretty much it.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWizard View Post
We watch this series for the Alaska scenery in hi-def. That's pretty much it.
the hi def coupled with the LED screen makes for some pretty pictures

Old 11-17-2010, 08:11 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
So, have they showed her killing a moose with a compound bow yet?
I am sure that may be shown in an upcoming episode .

Old 11-17-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
If you are not watching this, then how do you know what is going on, on the show?

As far as I know there are no tv police, who break into a persons house, hold a gun to their head and force them to watch a show they don't like, you don't like it and what the people in it stand for, then exercise your right of freedom and change the channel.

As for your assertion that her kids are going to grow up messed up, then they should fit right in with the majority of the kids. Mistakes happen, girls get pg out of wed-lock all the time, it has been happening forever, even daughters of Christians.
The poster mentioned the neighbors, so I would assume they watched the show or were given a synopsis. And I agree about people making mistakes...we all do.... BUT...Palin judges others like "no tomorrow"; yet she needs to clean out her own closet...I think that's the point the poster meant to make. Like Palin using Canadian Health Care but being adamantly against Universal coverage in her own country...like the book "1984"... with using "DoubleSpeak"..

The poster can voice their opinions...like you can voice yours! .

Old 11-18-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I didn't go looking for it but heard it was very bad behavior. With kids today not having conversations only using cell phones, text and computers they are losing manners and ability to communicate effectively. It is to easy to blast negative & hurtful things on the Internet behind a screen name.

I agree there should not be focusing on the family but .......
I agree.....but anyone who watched the first episode saw it for what it was worth.....mainly Palin's family and not much about Alaska...

To me it was just a publicity stunt.....coinciding with her "announcing" she wants to run again for political office; or was that timing just a coincidence, I think not!.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:03 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,233,106 times
I'm waiting for the episode where she stands up, holds a .30-06 over her head, and shouts, "This is my rifle! There are many like it, this one is mine!" and then she runs out the front door and shoots something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV