Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 02:50 PM

561 posts, read 1,513,014 times

Advertisements

Wait, I got it.....a way to bring Medium back.....with a few changes, of course, to appeal to CBS execs and today's audience!

First some remakes of the characters: Allison has to be slutty hot, walking around in 4" heels and low cut tops.

Joe has to be surly and always ready with a sexist comment and really lame jokes.

The girls have to be ill mannered and dress provocatively, hurling insults and demeaning comments to both parents and stupid jokes among themselves.

Then have scripts with absolutely no story line whatsoever; and there has to be lots of juvenile humor involved--the more stupid, the better.

The District Atty and Detective have to be remade with the foregoing character attributes, plus made to sound and look ignorant.

There you have it.....the return of Medium and another hit show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
It occured to me last night while watching Medium about the Friday night line up. Someone said that Friday night was the "death" spot for shows. How can that be? Ghost Whisperer was on for years. Blue Bloods is supposed to be a top hit and it's on Friday night! Medium, CSI:NY, Blue Bloods. Sounds like a strong Friday night line up to me.

Was last night's eppie a shadow of things to come and it going off the air? Allison not letting Joe make the decision of her going back to school for her? Applying anyway? Sounds to me like Joe and Allison are heading for rocky shores.

Good "remake", YNot. That sounds about right.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
obviously both the high viewing of two n a half men and the horrible programming choices by networks only supports the theory that unsupervised 10 to 12 yr olds are the target audience and have the most input into programming

Old 11-21-2010, 05:37 PM

By golly, annie, I finally agree with you somewhat! That's scary.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:33 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Bummer, I work Saturday mornings so I usually stay home on Friday nights, being able to watch that show always made me feel better about it.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:22 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
By golly, annie, I finally agree with you somewhat! That's scary.

lol

Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Next Friday is the series finale. That's kind of too bad, I have enjoyed watching this series. I say "kind of" because after seeing the real Allison Dubois on the Beverly Hills Housewives, I found myself not enjoying the character on the show last night, knowing that the real one is just the opposite of the charming, nice Allison that Patricia Arquette portrays.

Thanks, Patricia, it was a nice ride. Too bad it really was all fiction.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:04 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times
Did anyone see Alison on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? Psycho!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Next Friday is the series finale. That's kind of too bad, I have enjoyed watching this series. I say "kind of" because after seeing the real Allison Dubois on the Beverly Hills Housewives, I found myself not enjoying the character on the show last night, knowing that the real one is just the opposite of the charming, nice Allison that Patricia Arquette portrays.

Thanks, Patricia, it was a nice ride. Too bad it really was all fiction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Did anyone see Alison on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? Psycho!

Duh! Am I not "anyone"???

Old 01-15-2011, 03:57 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,096 times
Quote:
It occured to me last night while watching Medium about the Friday night line up. Someone said that Friday night was the "death" spot for shows. How can that be? Ghost Whisperer was on for years. Blue Bloods is supposed to be a top hit and it's on Friday night! Medium, CSI:NY, Blue Bloods. Sounds like a strong Friday night line up to me.
Just noticed that Blue Bloods is getting moved to Wednesday nights - and wait for this - Fringe moves to Friday nights! Can that mean the kiss of death to Fringe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV