Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 10:13 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times

Advertisements

Oh my, I can't believe I have to post this but I guess I do.

Please keep the posts in this thread on topic; which would mean about Amazing Race 2011. Posts about spoilers will be considered off topic and will be deleted and infractions/warnings issued.

I am sorry to have to have this post out here in this thread. 3 cheers for a great, new Amazing Race!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 11:04 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Oh my, I can't believe I have to post this but I guess I do.

Please keep the posts in this thread on topic; which would mean about Amazing Race 2011. Posts about spoilers will be considered off topic and will be deleted and infractions/warnings issued.

I am sorry to have to have this post out here in this thread. 3 cheers for a great, new Amazing Race!
Do you mean that posts complaining about spoilers will be deleted? I am just hoping that I am following the guidelines.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:20 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Do you mean that posts complaining about spoilers will be deleted? I am just hoping that I am following the guidelines.
In the future, yes.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Thank you for acknowledging that it is a spoiler. Though maybe not a very important one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Where did they say it WAS a "spoiler"? No where.
It is not a spoiler. A spoiler, once again, is telling people the OUTCOME of an event BEFORE anyone knows or it has aired. The list of contestants is not considered a spoiler. If someone were to post WHO won the next race or who got eliminated first before any shows have even aired......... THAT is a spoiler. I even found where the race actually starts and where they have to travel to. I'm not posting it but if someone wants to know they can find it or pm me. Even knowing all of this does not diminsh my viewing pleasure of the show.

If you think it is a spoiler or it would ruin your viewing of the show then don't read the threads that are titled for an upcoming season. The title clearly states, "Amazing race 2011". On every single previous race and even for the shows like the Real Housewives people have always posted in advance who the contestants are or the new person on the show is and a bit of their background. No one views it as a "spoiler" as it is not one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
When someone says something is "not much of a spoiler" it is, in fact, an acknowledgment that it is a spoiler. Just not much of one. That's WHERE.

I don't know what's difficult about the concept. If it's something about a television show that is not announced by the show's producers, it is a spoiler. Personally, I don't care whether I'm spoiled or not. That's why I knew the list was accurate. But others many not feel that way, so it's really not fair of anyone to knowingly spoil things for them. No matter how small of a spoiler. That's all I said. And then the attacks began.

And just what does the title of the thread have to do with whether spoilers are posted? All that means is that it's for discussion of the show. Should I post the outcome of the season, just because the thread title is about the next season? Obviously not.

I'm sorry that I'm not part of your little "community" here, and aren't aware that spoiling details about upcoming show's is permissible. It appears to be such a warm and welcoming one.
Quote:
What is the point, then, of having a thread about a tv show that has not been aired? What is it supposed to discuss? People we hope are on it but don't know because CBS showed a clip with more teams than is usually shown on a season?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
In the future, yes.

Awww, Beretta, as you can see by what I was going to comment on was gong to be just that! You
Spoiler
spoiled
my fun! So we can talk about spoilers, just not complain? LOL, just taking you literally.

Since I am the OP, I'm wishing all of you a fun time in this thread when the show starts up again. Go, I started the thread for the sole purpose of discussing who will be on in February. Notice the first sentence of the thread. I was soo happy about the Cowboys. THAT is what the intention of this thread was all about.

BTW people, I doubt this thread will remain on the 1st page, there are still 2 months to go, so if you want to talk about it, I'd appreciate it if you found the thread and resurrect it. It'd be a shame to lose the thread with all the stimulating convo there's already been. *Truth be told, I like being the OP of a thread!* "Vanity, thy name is woman".

Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
I think if they want good ratings they should bring Russell Hanz on with his wife to compete with Boston Rob and Amba.

Also do you remember when they did the Family Race? That one family that was always yelling at each other. They cracked me up, they should bring them back!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I think if they want good ratings they should bring Russell Hanz on with his wife to compete with Boston Rob and Amba.

Also do you remember when they did the Family Race? That one family that was always yelling at each other. They cracked me up, they should bring them back!
no, seriously--no more family races. I almost tuned out for part of that season. Shocking since I LOVE this show. But that season could not end quickly enough for me.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:03 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
no, seriously--no more family races. I almost tuned out for part of that season. Shocking since I LOVE this show. But that season could not end quickly enough for me.
SAME HERE!!!! No one in our family watched that season of AR after the second episode. It was BOOOOORING! Talk about a snoozefest. We are all diehard AR fans and that family season was just not exciting at all.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:09 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Was the blonde freaking out about the water slide the worst meltdown in AR history or am I forgetting another one?
You're forgetting Flo and Zach from season 3. Remember her breakdown in Vietnam? OMG, it was CRAZY.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:38 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
You're forgetting Flo and Zach from season 3. Remember her breakdown in Vietnam? OMG, it was CRAZY.
Flo was just a big ole drama queen,spoiled brat. One of the most despised winners yet?

Old 12-25-2010, 10:28 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
I love the cowboys and want them to win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV