Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 05:08 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Thanks, I really could not remember if she sold it or it was a foreclosure - but I do remember when she decided not to move there and made it a rental -- probably a poor decision in retrospect. I know many, many people affected by the downturn in CA real estate - I would say on the average they are around $200K underwater (just the ones I know) -- so some of that can't be helped but if Vicki is such a financial genius she could have avoided some of that.. wonder how Jeana Keough is doing financially?
Interesting that Vicki got herself into a financial mess. She always seemed like one of the few women on there who actually had any business sense. I guess she got caught up drinking the real estate kool-aid of the last decade. She surely wasn't alone in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
What I don't get is why is the divorce between Donn and Vickie taking so long?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
she has said she needs Donn there to help pay the mortgage
Yes, but what she says and what is really happening may be two different things.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
What I don't get is why is the divorce between Donn and Vickie taking so long?
I'm tellin' ya! I'm guessing there's a huge fight over assets, including the house, and neither is budging. I have no way of knowing this for sure.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:52 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I'm tellin' ya! I'm guessing there's a huge fight over assets, including the house, and neither is budging. I have no way of knowing this for sure.
I know that Vickie claimed that Donn was petitioning for spousal support.

I know I was shocked when Donn's affair was revealed I wish Brianna would get her own show because I would love to know what her take is on the divorce especially since she seems really close to Donn and so we can get more dirt on Vickie

I never saw the videos posted either. Vickie seemed so much softer and less, um, bitter

Old 07-20-2012, 07:56 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
how about Buddha Boobs?
Hindu Hooters?
OMG!!! HAHA!!!! ^^^^^ Fabulous!

The Jesus Barbie/Jugs thing is a slam on her definitely since she always claims to be such a good christian, which we know she isn't, and always is thanking god etc. I don't believe in any god, so it didn't bother me one bit, and I would never put anyone down for their beliefs unless they are not acting as what they claim to be, which Alexis isn't. And these Westboro Baptist church kooks, but that is for another forum.

Do you all remember Vicki bragging in season one that she had three homes? She said she had one for Brianna and one for Michael and they were paid for. So if this is the case, why is Brianna living with her and not in the home Vicki bought for her? Is that the home she sold? And what about this house she had for Michael? And if she is so well off and is so great with money, she would not have to be running a boarding house and having her ex living there. And why would Brianna want to be there when she is married and has a baby on the way and has such a strained relationship with her mom. She had a nice condo and she has to making good money as a nurse, and what about Ryan? All very odd. We are definitely not getting the full story here.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:58 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Interesting that Vicki got herself into a financial mess. She always seemed like one of the few women on there who actually had any business sense. I guess she got caught up drinking the real estate kool-aid of the last decade. She surely wasn't alone in that.
I think Brooks may have something to do with her lack of funds, but she will never admit it.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:08 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,962,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
OMG!!! HAHA!!!! ^^^^^ Fabulous!

The Jesus Barbie/Jugs thing is a slam on her definitely since she always claims to be such a good christian, which we know she isn't, and always is thanking god etc. I don't believe in any god, so it didn't bother me one bit, and I would never put anyone down for their beliefs unless they are not acting as what they claim to be, which Alexis isn't. And these Westboro Baptist church kooks, but that is for another forum.

Do you all remember Vicki bragging in season one that she had three homes? She said she had one for Brianna and one for Michael and they were paid for. So if this is the case, why is Brianna living with her and not in the home Vicki bought for her? Is that the home she sold? And what about this house she had for Michael? And if she is so well off and is so great with money, she would not have to be running a boarding house and having her ex living there. And why would Brianna want to be there when she is married and has a baby on the way and has such a strained relationship with her mom. She had a nice condo and she has to making good money as a nurse, and what about Ryan? All very odd. We are definitely not getting the full story here.

I think it's called the economy. Maybe her business slowed down in the last couple of years and plus her divorce as well. She said that her current house has a big mortgage and she needs Don's paycheck. Plus I'm sure her supporting Brooks is in there too. If she was having an emotional affair with him before filing for divorce who knows what kind of money she was sending him to get her love tank filled.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I think that Vicki is also guilty of drinking the "Coto de Caza" Kool Aid which meant constantly keeping up with the Joneses. Had Vicki been really smart she would have purchased rental units outside of "Coto" and in lees affluent areas because areas like Coto in OC really are boom and bust.

All one has to do is look at how the numerous cast members have had to downgrade or have had to do short sales (or have been evicted in the case of Lynn Curtin from a few seasons ago) to realize that buying several multi-million dollar houses in Coto wasn't a smart real estate move.

Quote:

Vicki is a wannabe (just like the rest of them....except for maybe Heather) this is the typical OC mentality. I think that Vicki has been struggling financially for a few years but things are now coming to a head. I think that had Vicki not done the typical OC thing (buying more house than needed, buying lots of cars, etc) that she probably would have been able to weather the financial storm but I guess the need to "showboat" was just too tempting.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Quote:

I actually think that was Jeanna who said that. If I can remember correctly, she said that she had three homes for Shane, Kara and Colton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV