Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 05:11 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,709,765 times

Advertisements

John did the better job and was the real winner, however I was hoping for Marlee to get a donation from Trump or 7 Up since they also will use her design. They really were 2 nice people on this show
and I did like them both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Overall, I thought John Rich did the better job. But I think that Marlee really had a spectacular night last night.

IF I had to decide the season based on last night - it would be Marlee.

But, throughout the season, John Rich did show his ability to lead.

Well done to both of them!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:17 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
Also, while I was happy to see John win, I also need to remind myself (and maybe some of the posters here) that yes, he was a good leader. He also has the ability to hear. I call that a bit of an advantage over Marlee.
Marlee wouldn't be pleased with you!

She says she can do ANYTHING just as good as people who can hear!

If SHE says she's an equal, you should treat her as an equal in your judgements.

It's not Special Olympics Celebrity Apprentice! If it was, Gary Busey would have had a higher handicap!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,484,276 times
Quote:
When Donald Trump stated that he was going to do something different I thought that he was going to give them both the money for their charities. I believe that he was "thinking out loud" in that moment then changed his mind. It just seemed very odd.

I thought I had missed something there too. What was he talking about?

Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I thought the same thing...she pulled the deaf card out there in her speech...which, btw, I found a little comical. She was so worked up in her speech in the staged boardroom, that she was pounding her chest like Tarzan with the sign language!

The deaf card didn't need to be played...and hurt her chances, IMO. As the show wore on it was very easy for viewers and co-stars to "forget" she was even deaf and accepted her for who she is, without being deaf.

Also, I liked that JR's charity is at home. Marlee's is obviously dear to her heart...but charity begins at home. IMO.
I GOOGLED Starkey and found this. They supply hearing aides to people in the USA through their foundation.

http://www.starkeyhearingfoundation.org/hearing-missions.php

I don't think Marlee pulled the deaf card though. It was her charity and she was going to be as descriptive as possible as to what it does.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:28 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,386,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I thought I had missed something there too. What was he talking about?
Up-thread it was explained that he didn't tell Marlee she was fired, as he usually does, instead he told John Rich that he won.

Much nicer way to end the show, when they both did so well, and raised so much money!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Up-thread it was explained that he didn't tell Marlee she was fired, as he usually does, instead he told John Rich that he won.

Much nicer way to end the show, when they both did so well, and raised so much money!
I see. Thanks, I guess I missed that explanation.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,348,954 times
Just want to point out that no one had a spectacular night, last night. The coming out parties for 7-Up were done well in advance. Richard Hatch wasn't even in prison, yet, so it's been awhile. In fact, Hatch went back to prison in mid-March so it was sometime between October and March.

By the way, how cool was Geoffrey Holder? I loved when he came in and LaToya said he looked great and he said something like, "But of course!" I think that commercial would have stunk without Mr. Holder.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:50 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,072,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Marlee wouldn't be pleased with you!

She says she can do ANYTHING just as good as people who can hear!

If SHE says she's an equal, you should treat her as an equal in your judgements.

It's not Special Olympics Celebrity Apprentice! If it was, Gary Busey would have had a higher handicap!
But, can she? Could she have done this show without her hearing interpreter at her side?

I have thought about this often with Marlee........in her professional life.....she always has her "hearing guide" with her. I am sure the average deaf person cannot afford that luxury.....and do have to compromise the things that they can do because of it.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,525,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I have ... Nene called LaToya "Casper" in a previous episode. Didn't surprise me at all. Nene is obnoxious.
You considered that a racial reference? I didn't take that to be racial in the least bit...but rather that NeNe thought LaToya was not stepping up and therefore being invisible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV