Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,522,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Marlee wouldn't be pleased with you!

She says she can do ANYTHING just as good as people who can hear!

If SHE says she's an equal, you should treat her as an equal in your judgements.

It's not Special Olympics Celebrity Apprentice! If it was, Gary Busey would have had a higher handicap!
...and a bicycle helmet on, like Special Ed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,748,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I didn't take that to be racial in the least bit...but rather that NeNe thought LaToya was not stepping up and therefore being invisible.

She was referring to LaToya's light skin color. Some blacks are predjudiced against other blacks with lighter skin.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,522,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
She was referring to LaToya's light skin color. Some blacks are predjudiced against other blacks with lighter skin.
I did not take it that way, at all. It would make no sense in the context in which it was said. NeNe had just come back from the boardroom expressing that she thought LaToya had no skills and was light for the tasks...and LaToya survived.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:22 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,035,288 times
Love how the true Starr showed her true colors. Telling Nene she was doing the wrong thing by attacking the black women of CA.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:22 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times
Quote:
You considered that a racial reference? I didn't take that to be racial in the least bit...but rather that NeNe thought LaToya was not stepping up and therefore being invisible.
Not to completely "go there" but NeNe calling LaToya "Casper the Ghost" smacked of the internal issues of "colorism" which exists amongst non-Whites (or among Blacks in this particular instance) Nene perpetuated nearly ever negative stereotype that exists regarding African American women. And I still find it quite ironic that her charity is fighting against domestic violence

YouTube - ‪Nene Calls La Toya Jackson Casper the Ghost on Celebrity Apprentice‬‏

Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,035,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Up-thread it was explained that he didn't tell Marlee she was fired, as he usually does, instead he told John Rich that he won.

Much nicer way to end the show, when they both did so well, and raised so much money!
I thought he meant it was different because he picked a guy this time.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
I thought he meant it was different because he picked a guy this time.
He picked a guy last year and other years.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:27 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,770,291 times
Quote:
I did not take it that way, at all. It would make no sense in the context in which it was said. NeNe had just come back from the boardroom expressing that she thought LaToya had no skills and was light for the tasks...and LaToya survived.
Nope, skin color 100% IMO

Old 05-23-2011, 06:39 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I think that commercial would have stunk without Mr. Holder.
I thought it stunk, period.

I was expecting to see Geoffrey for more than 2 seconds. Marlee's part in it was good, but Hatch and Meat were ridiculous and fractured the whole thing, IMO.

In addition, Meat was screaming something about being a bad-ass, which seems saying the word "ass" would make it unusable. The executives didn't say anything about that though (that we know of).

Anyway, I thought it would have been better to just have Marlee's part and then more of Geoffrey. It could have been a classy commercial.

Rich's commercial had continuity and was tight. I think Meat had too much input into Marlee's and it showed. I thought it strange that she allowed him to do that because they had just lost a task where he had much input into a commercial. I think both times made her judgment questionable.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:41 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
calling LaToya "Casper the Ghost" smacked of the internal issues of "colorism"
I agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV