Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else watching this show?

For anyone who hasn't seen it the premise is that they give you a million dollars upfront, you have to go through 7 questions and you move the money to whatever you think the right answer is. If you placed money on the wrong answers the money will drop and be lost forever and whatever you have left at the end you get to take home.

I got a little burned out on game shows during the Weakest Link/Who wants to be a millionaire/Deal or no deal crazes but I really like this. The questions are usually insanely easy but I think the fact that the million dollars is in front of them makes them doubt themselves. I've enjoyed it thus far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
I've been following this show. Yes it's a rather simple easy game. I'm amazed that some contestants are really quite stupid with those simple questions that a 5th grader could answer.
It's okay, but I doubt that it lasts very long. To me it's a fill-in show that I'm waiting between shows that I want to see. I doubt it'll have a long lasting future. The host is kinda dull and they drag out the drop way too long. Time will tell.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:34 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,145,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I'm amazed that some contestants are really quite stupid with those simple questions that a 5th grader could answer.
Well if the contestants were smart then the show wouldn't be on for very long due to lack of prize money.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:23 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Yea, I have.

The one last night about the Big Mac...come on!

Who doesn't know the Big Mac song?

They let 180k (I believe) go to waste over not knowing that the Big Mac doesn't have a tomato on it.

I don't understand how some of these couples/friends spread the cash around on the qs. If you are fairly certain, why are you putting money on answers that you know are wrong?

Old 01-19-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Yea, I have.

The one last night about the Big Mac...come on!

Who doesn't know the Big Mac song?

They let 180k (I believe) go to waste over not knowing that the Big Mac doesn't have a tomato on it.

I don't understand how some of these couples/friends spread the cash around on the qs. If you are fairly certain, why are you putting money on answers that you know are wrong?
I KNOW! I was yelling at my television all last night. One of things that annoys me about this show is that there's always one partner who has absolutely no idea what the answer is but yet the constantly question the other person Last night she said she'd never seen Lucky Charms but when he said he vividly remembered a horseshoe being there she KEPT saying "are you sure?" and still put money on it despite him saying that he remembered it was there lol I so need to make a trip to California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I've been following this show. Yes it's a rather simple easy game. I'm amazed that some contestants are really quite stupid with those simple questions that a 5th grader could answer.
It's okay, but I doubt that it lasts very long. To me it's a fill-in show that I'm waiting between shows that I want to see. I doubt it'll have a long lasting future. The host is kinda dull and they drag out the drop way too long. Time will tell.
Yeah I hate how long they drag it out; I guess it's supposed to make it dramatic but I end up turning to another channel and flipping back later

Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Is anyone else watching this show?

For anyone who hasn't seen it the premise is that they give you a million dollars upfront, you have to go through 7 questions and you move the money to whatever you think the right answer is. If you placed money on the wrong answers the money will drop and be lost forever and whatever you have left at the end you get to take home.

I got a little burned out on game shows during the Weakest Link/Who wants to be a millionaire/Deal or no deal crazes but I really like this. The questions are usually insanely easy but I think the fact that the million dollars is in front of them makes them doubt themselves. I've enjoyed it thus far.

they pick the dumbest people...its like I want to hit them and say where's your common sense

Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
they pick the dumbest people...its like I want to hit them and say where's your common sense
I watched one and the question was how many US states start with the letter A? The lady was like California, Denver, Nebraska...me and my mom were dying laughing at her. I hate to say it but in most of the episodes I saw it's usually the husband who knows the answer and the wife who shrieks "Are you sure! Maybe we should split the money! Are we going to put all of that on that one!"

Old 01-19-2011, 04:12 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:
I watched one and the question was how many US states start with the letter A? The lady was like California, Denver, Nebraska...me and my mom were dying laughing at her. I hate to say it but in most of the episodes I saw it's usually the husband who knows the answer and the wife who shrieks "Are you sure! Maybe we should split the money! Are we going to put all of that on that one!"

lmao..people are looking at me at work cuz this post made me laugh so hard...so true

Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
I KNOW! I was yelling at my television all last night. One of things that annoys me about this show is that there's always one partner who has absolutely no idea what the answer is but yet the constantly question the other person Last night she said she'd never seen Lucky Charms but when he said he vividly remembered a horseshoe being there she KEPT saying "are you sure?" and still put money on it despite him saying that he remembered it was there lol I so need to make a trip to California.

Exactly...I was like, come on now! That was another one they wasted money on!

Well, Atleast, they walked away with $300k...not bad...

OK, I"m ready when you're ready to go!

Old 01-22-2011, 03:11 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I've been watching, and it's fairly entertaining so far! But speaking of stupid contestants, what about that dime question?? I mean c'mon, the guy's in the military and even he didn't know the US coins?? And the wife was sooooo convinced - "I swear, it's Thomas Jefferson!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV