Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:29 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times

Advertisements

Word has it that the famous 80's Thunder Cats is getting ready for production. The one of the many secrets that leaked is that it's NOT going to be an animation picture. Auditions and casting started today!

Who would go and see it when it comes out? Me, depends on the trailers.... how about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 01:39 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Thunder Thunder Thunder
Thunder CATS!
But live action? Hmmm.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,903,286 times
Damn cats.

I want Thundarr!

Old 06-07-2007, 05:37 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Oooohh Jason - now you are talking. Thundarr the Barbarian would so rock on the big screen. Thundercats would be pretty good too. Then again, these movies all depend on the story line, good story makes a good movie. If they rely on special effects a la the last (first) three Star Wars films, well it just doesn't work.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,231,253 times
This is fan made, but I've been enjoying watching it numerous times since I came across it. I don't know anything about doing something like this on the computer, but it looks amazing to me!

Thundercats Movie trailer (fan made) - YouTube

I'd love to see a film version of "Thundercats", and it would be nice if it was true to the animation of the series, which I think holds up beautifully. I suppose they'd go with live action/CGI, but animation EXACTLY LIKE the original would be nice.

I'd also love to see Disney's "Gargoyles" (THE most intelligent animated series!), "ReBoot" (CGI animation of course), "The Pirates of Dark Water", "Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light", and "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs". I also have a fondness for "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors". But, could they stay true to the series without "reimagining" them?

Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystMoonstruck View Post
This is fan made, but I've been enjoying watching it numerous times since I came across it. I don't know anything about doing something like this on the computer, but it looks amazing to me!

Thundercats Movie trailer (fan made) - YouTube

I'd love to see a film version of "Thundercats", and it would be nice if it was true to the animation of the series, which I think holds up beautifully. I suppose they'd go with live action/CGI, but animation EXACTLY LIKE the original would be nice.

I'd also love to see Disney's "Gargoyles" (THE most intelligent animated series!), "ReBoot" (CGI animation of course), "The Pirates of Dark Water", "Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light", and "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs". I also have a fondness for "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors". But, could they stay true to the series without "reimagining" them?
I agree, it was great as it was. The show was very imaginative, from the storyline to the main characters also. I remember one cool episode on an intergalactic prison where the prisoners got out and it was the wildest creations coming out of those cells.

The show's main premise was about cat-alien humanoids often battling an evil mummy on a "Third Earth." just the sound of that statement alone is awesome!

Old 02-04-2013, 04:39 PM

3,974 posts, read 5,167,864 times
I'm still waiting for an American Star Blazers movie.

There are a couple of Japanese movies based on it, (Space Battleship Yamato I believe), but no American version.

Back on topic, Thundercats would get their tails kicked by Voltron.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Word has it that the famous 80's Thunder Cats is getting ready for production. The one of the many secrets that leaked is that it's NOT going to be an animation picture. Auditions and casting started today!

Who would go and see it when it comes out? Me, depends on the trailers.... how about you?
Live action? I don't know man, I'm still vomiting from those Transformers movies. I can't say I'm excited about this.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:38 PM

109 posts, read 278,809 times
Say it ain't so...

Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,771 times
I hear that Andrew Lloyed Webber has been contacted about making it into ThunderCats the musical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV