Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 05:54 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times

Advertisements

I'm confused. Don's a partner now so was Duck hired to take Don's old job? Don still interacts with the copywriters and art guys to plan ad campaigns. So he's a partner, but more of a hands-on kind of guy?

I didn't like the first episode. I don't care for Duck. I did find it interesting when Peggy scolded Don's secretary (wasn't she a switcboard operator last season who liked Sol/Sal (can't remember his name)?) Peggy had a bit of "Joan" in her when she spoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I'm confused. Don's a partner now so was Duck hired to take Don's old job? Don still interacts with the copywriters and art guys to plan ad campaigns. So he's a partner, but more of a hands-on kind of guy?

I didn't like the first episode. I don't care for Duck. I did find it interesting when Peggy scolded Don's secretary (wasn't she a switcboard operator last season who liked Sol/Sal (can't remember his name)?) Peggy had a bit of "Joan" in her when she spoke.
I thought that about Peggy too but then I thought of it differently when she asked the new gal if she knew where Don was...Peggy was trying to point out to the gal to simply say, "no, I do not know" rather than going on and on about how he said he was going to the movies. In other words, Peggy was saying to her that new gal should be discreet and not offer any more information that is not necessary about the boss as if "he was standing behind her".
The other thing that confused me was Don's wife...so should we infer that she got it on with the mechanic in lieu of payment for the new belt? I think they should have shown it to add some "spice" to the episode...

Old 07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Somehow I missed this show entirely the first season. I saw the first show of this season the other night and got so interested that I am now catching up with the first season via "On Demand." Great show.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:55 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
I don't think Don's wife got it on with the mechanic, she just flirted shamelessly....

Old 07-30-2008, 03:00 PM

181 posts, read 607,505 times
best show on tv!

Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Yes, Peggy dressed down Don's new secretary and Joan took care of it, remember??? Joan scolded the new secretary and promptly put that freaking copy machine in Peggy's office! You don't mess with Joan. And I honestly think that Peggy was doing the new secretary a favor because last season, Joan really gave it to Peggy for revealing too much information about Don to her last season. Don is really trying to get Peggy to stop thinking like a secretary.

Betty revealed that she knew that Don was having affairs and as much as I think she wants to really have one, she won't, she doesn't have it in her to put her family in jeopary, and Don knows that even if Betty found out, she wouldn't leave him for the sake of the children. Remember when he was ready to up and leave them toward the end of last season? She'll be just like her mother, which is one of the root causes of her being in therapy.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
I think Betty just wants to feel attractive and wanted again the way she did when she was a young(er) model in the city. I don't think she would ever really cheat, she knows there is a double standard. At that time men could cheat without repercussions, but if a woman did she would end up alone and vilified.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:19 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonkey View Post
best show on tv!
I agree. I've watched Mad Men from the very beginning and it just gets better and better. I used to hate Sunday night - now I can't wait for them!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I agree. I've watched Mad Men from the very beginning and it just gets better and better. I used to hate Sunday night - now I can't wait for them!
Reminds me of anticipating the Sopranos on Sunday nights!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:40 AM

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! What a fantastic episode!!! I won't spoil yet, for those of you who didn't watch yet ... Everyone had a key story in this one!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV