Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
You are wrong. I used to watch her sing the national anthem at the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey games in the late 80's and early 90's when she was a little girl. She was very good back then, so sweet and innocent.
Filling in for Jeff Jimerson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 12:56 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I think they should have used Dallas' own Celina Ray. She was on American Idol many years ago and she now sings the National Anthem here in Dallas for all Dallas Stars games and does a knock out job. She also does the Canadian anthem and does it very well.
I don't know. I think Dallas had its share of bad luck pulling off this Superbowl just like Pittsburgh did, Celina might have screwed up in some way too!

Since CA used to sing the anthem at Pens games she DOES know the words, but she looked ill at ease at the SB. I think she was so nervous she lost her place.

She doesn't look good either. She needs to fire her Hollywood hair stylist and makeup artist. She has no color to her face. She needs a cute haircut and add some toner to make a nice shade of blonde to that white hair! UGH!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:31 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
They should have chosen this local kid - he goes to my high school, Woodrow Wilson in Dallas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_T6U...layer_embedded

He sings it with awe and respect.
Now THAT is HOW you sing it !

Old 02-09-2011, 07:32 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,704,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Let's bring some respect back for the song and for our country. We look like a bunch of idiots.
We look like idiots to a lot of people for a lot of reasons...this is nowhere near the top of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

This tramp needs to find a real job and not get paid for doing this and being a horrible tramp role model for our teens.
I guess I have to agree...how can anyone argue with such a well-articulated point like that?

Last edited by Tober138; 02-09-2011 at 08:30 PM..

Old 02-10-2011, 06:32 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
That is the truth.

This tramp needs to find a real job and not get paid for doing this and being a horrible tramp role model for our teens.

It is very important that we NOT allow people like her to influence our kids.
That "tramp" also has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to a women's shelter, yeah she's a god-awful role model.

But I do agree with the other poster that there is a slew of great vocal talent out there. I think that was a great idea and would be nice to see future SB anthems sung by non celebrities s.a. a high school glee club or other talent.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:20 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I wondered about that too. Where did you read that, GloryB?
Someone told me she got paid and I repeated it without checking the facts first. You can tell I work for a newspaper...huh?

Anyway...update:
Christina Aguilera Explains National Anthem Flub at Super Bowl XLV

Quote:
The national anthem, the Super Bowl … it’s a lot for a girl to deal with, and Christina Aguilera says she just got caught up in the moment last night and lost her place in the song. “I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through,” she says in a statement to the AP. Aguilera repeated a line—while mangling it at the same time—singing, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming” instead of “O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming.”

Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I never cared for her plus shes trashy.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM

19,527 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
The national anthem, the Super Bowl … it’s a lot for a girl to deal with, and Christina Aguilera says she just got caught up in the moment last night and lost her place in the song. “I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through,” she says in a statement to the AP. Aguilera repeated a line—while mangling it at the same time—singing, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming” instead of “O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming.”

The national anthem, the Super Bowl … it’s a lot for a girl to deal with, and Christina Aguilera says she just got caught up in the moment last night and lost her place in the song. “I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through,” she says in a statement to the AP.

Aguilera repeated a line—while mangling it at the same time—singing, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming” instead of “O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming.”
============ unquote==========

Maybe that's what she was thinking for herself that night - ya know, a Freudian slip and that's how she messed it all up after realizing her thoughts had somehow betrayed her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV