Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times

Advertisements

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Right now I'm watching Merlin through Netflix and I hope that by the time Camelot makes its way on Netflix I won't be burned out on it. Also Eva Green is my favorite actress so nothing will pull me away from seeing at least the first episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing it. Right now I'm watching Merlin through Netflix and I hope that by the time Camelot makes its way on Netflix I won't be burned out on it. Also Eva Green is my favorite actress so nothing will pull me away from seeing at least the first episode.
Merlin is terrible IMO.

I watched the first 2 episodes of camelot last night and its pretty darn good so far. Not only that but Eva green gets butt naked.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:07 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Not liking guy chast as Arthur either. I don't know what it is about him, maybe the way the character is written.

Love the sister, Morgana (sp?) she is fantastic.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:33 AM

Eva Green as Morgan. Yes she is good and beautiful and wicked at the same time.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:04 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
I'm enjoying this show, Morgan reminds me of my exwife, well the evil part. I'm waiting to see this though..

YouTube - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Old 04-10-2011, 07:10 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,687 times
We watched episode 1 last night. the jury is still out. had read reviews that it wasn't very good, so I think I was tainted. I love the king arthur myth and have read stories previously, so it was difficult getting used to "merlin". I will continue to watch, just because.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,562 times
I love Arthur! He reminds me of Taylor Hawkins, the drummer for Foo Fighters. I think he will be transformed into the mature Arthur through the magic of television. I watched the first 3 episodes last night On Demand and got caught up. It's definitely a different take on the myth. Merlin, well, he kind of works in this version. Of course the gold standard is Nigel Williamson in Excalibur, directed by John Boorman, with Helen Mirren as Morgan le Fey. Brilliant!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:37 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times
I watched the first two episodes, but it was just so boring for me. The Arthur is just not right as far as I'm concerned and frankly, I wanted Merlin to have more magic.

I know a lot of people don't like the imported Merlin from BBC that's on Syfy, but it's at least interesting (to me).

That said, I do like the one playing Morgause. She's great.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times
I'm disappointed in this show. The first epi was so good but the last two were so boring. Arthur is woefully miscast. He is a whiny, surly teenager mooning after Guenivive and acting bratty, not like the hero/king he is suppose to be. Merlin is disappointing too. He's suppose to be guiding Arthur and then he kills those two people which was unnecessary IMO.
And why doesn't someone clean up ghetto Camelot? Everyone seems to sit around doing nothing, clean up all those vines and plants!
I am more intrigued with Morgan and her storyline. I hope they explain the backstory with all the magic and the nun. BTW, if the nunnery was burned down and everone killed who is keeping her whipple so starched and snowy white?
I hope the remainder of this show gets better!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:21 AM

Haha was wondering the same thing. Clean the vines off your castle...omg. I agree with a few here. Arthur is starting to get on my nerves. He is a little whiny biatch. I was a little bored by the last episode although I liked how they did the myth of the xcalibur sword.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV