Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
I really enjoyed the finale - the judges chose most of the dances I would have chosen, and I loved seeing how some of the dancers had improved from the first time they performed them.

You know they pull dances from a hat, right? It was all up to chance, which style each dancer would have each week. They usually show that; they didn't this year, but Nigel reminded people that's how the dances are chosen. I've gotten cynical about the "reality" of competition shows, because I know lots of times producers have a say in how things go, and things are manipulated, but I trust his integrity, at least where this competition is concerned.

I thought this was one of the better seasons! because of the talent of the dancers. There was at least one exceptional dance each episode, and I could watch the final 4 every day and not tire of them - they each shone in their own way.

It was different than watching, say, Russell learn & move forward, but for me, still very enjoyable.

Melanie got almost 50% of the vote! I wonder what the breakdown has been in other seasons. I voted for Marko! I couldn't take my eyes off him in the final competition - especially in the Broadway number with Sasha.
I enjoyed this season, and even bought tour tickets. Melanie had luck on her side when she picked out of the hat, but she backed up that luck with talent, she was consistently wonderful and put her heart and soul into every dance. She has a strong beautiful body. Sasha is an amazing dancer, she is a joy to watch. It was no surprise that those two were there at the end, Sasha was a bit off during the performance finale, Kenny Ortega mentioned an injury, that may have been the problem, she wasn't her usual self, and that may have cost her.

All the top 10 dancers really are winners, they get to go on a dance tour, and have theaters full of people cheer for them, that is the best prize for a dancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 06:24 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
I really didn't like this season. Too many people in the top 10 that I didn't enjoy watch dancing. I didn't even bother watching the finale. I hope the next season has more likable dancers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV