Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 PM

250 posts, read 463,934 times

Advertisements

Anyone watching this ghost-hunting show that's on the Travel Channel? (I think that's the right channel). A bit similar to Ghost Hunters but more humorous and entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,709 times
Default I Watch It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricklh View Post
Anyone watching this ghost-hunting show that's on the Travel Channel? (I think that's the right channel). A bit similar to Ghost Hunters but more humorous and entertaining.
I watched "Ghost Adventures" last night. They were at the Ancient Ram Inn in England. It was a pretty good episode. I watch the show whenever I happen to come across it. I'd love to be part of the team and go to "haunted" places and stay overnight. That's one of my goals...to spend the night in a haunted house or hotel!

Old 07-26-2009, 04:51 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
A friend and I watch Paranormal State, she swears the house she lives in is haunted. Started snapping the camera one day got some pics of orbs and other stuff, she did the same where I live, couple of orbs.

I wouldn't mind investigating myself.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:07 AM

Default Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
A friend and I watch Paranormal State, she swears the house she lives in is haunted. Started snapping the camera one day got some pics of orbs and other stuff, she did the same where I live, couple of orbs.

I wouldn't mind investigating myself.
Does your friend have any background information on her haunted house? I mean, does she know if anything tragic happened there.....why it might be haunted? What about your own house since she photographed orbs there, too? It's interesting to me.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
I've done a little research, theres nothing conclusive about orbs,
there believed to be energy balls, not necessarily spirit matter.
I'm not certain what I believe.

The house shes in is not real old, I'll say 50yrs. They've been there
about 15yrs, to her knowledge, no one died there. We live in an area
off the Delaware river, there's some history here.

I live in an apartment, my neighbor did take his own life in the
unit across the hall many yrs ago, my son happened to see them take
him out in the body bag. I've never said anything to anyone who's
lived there since. I've worked in the apartment industry myself,
you just don't tell another tenant this kind of thing.

Last edited by virgode; 07-27-2009 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: pghing

Old 07-27-2009, 03:08 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,548 times
I enjoy Ghost Adventures, maybe even more than Ghost Hunters. If it's all legit, it is some scary stuff. I wouldn't mind doing some ghost hunting, but I'd never ask them to hit me or attack me like Zach does.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
I enjoy Ghost Adventures, maybe even more than Ghost Hunters. If it's all legit, it is some scary stuff. I wouldn't mind doing some ghost hunting, but I'd never ask them to hit me or attack me like Zach does.
I like the show and watch every week but I wish they would do a recap of all the evidence they captured at the end. I do think Zach is kinda lame but I like the big guy that gets freaked easily. He makes me laugh.

J

Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,770 times
I have been watching some of this show.... I really find Paranormal State to be GREAT... OK I don't know if it is entirely credible, but it is entertaining.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:41 AM

Default Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I've done a little research, theres nothing conclusive about orbs,
there believed to be energy balls, not necessarily spirit matter.
I'm not certain what I believe.

The house shes in is not real old, I'll say 50yrs. They've been there
about 15yrs, to her knowledge, no one died there. We live in an area
off the Delaware river, there's some history here.

I live in an apartment, my neighbor did take his own life in the
unit across the hall many yrs ago, my son happened to see them take
him out in the body bag. I've never said anything to anyone who's
lived there since. I've worked in the apartment industry myself,
you just don't tell another tenant this kind of thing.
I was curious because the house next door to my parents' house is questionable. A young girl was accidentally shot to death there (Children playing there after school, no parent in the house, loaded gun found....you get the picture) in the late 60s (or early 70s). The house has been owned by several families, but a few years ago it was bought by a single man. He approached my dad a few months after moving in asking if anything "weird" had happened in the house. He was hearing strange noises like a child crying or laughing, "metal- tinkling" sounds, and he swore he saw shadow-like outlines of a person, although he couldn't tell if it was a child or a young adult. He often caught glimpses of shadows out of the corner of his eye or when he looked up suddenly. He also said that he thought things were being moved around in the house, but he couldn't be sure that it wasn't just his imagination or his being forgetful. The owner also said his mother had been visiting the previous week, and she was "creeped out" by the house and was anxious to get out of there.

My dad did tell him about the incident in the 60s (or 70s). (I always thought the realtor had to tell the buyer about anything like that.) The man continued living there for several years still having strange occurences. He moved about a year ago due to his job transfer, and the new owner of the house has not said anything about the house to my dad, and they are pretty good friends. Dad won't mention it to the new owner so as not to "plant ideas," as Dad says, but I wonder if the present owner has had anything "weird" happen in the house.

I don't know if I believe all this stuff, but I find it interesting, and I enjoy watching these types of TV shows. I also watch "Paranormal State" and "A Haunting."

Old 07-28-2009, 07:31 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,770 times
Interesting you bring up "A Haunting", that show is wicked. Most of those episodes are completely chilling, I think they do a good job with that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV