Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 07:32 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I agree with you. Truly, I think the three judges agreed to do it that way. Yes, Roshon is the better dancer and he was saved but when I heard a vote to keep Gladys I was happy because I knew it for what it was. It made those of us who really adore Gladys feel not so bad that she was leaving even though we knew she would be gone.
I agree he's the better dancer, but watching them side by side, personally I enjoyed and liked Tristan and Gladys. I most of all like they were dancing together. Based on *just* that one, I'd still go for her staying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 12:23 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm sorry but after last night I think Carrie Ann should turn in her number paddles. Yes, I know Gladys is an American icon, she's so graceful, she's so nice but come on!!!! To vote for her to stay over Roshon?? That was just plain ridiculous! Talk about a popularity contest and not a dance competition! Carrie Ann really pi$$ed me off last night.
Oh, come on. They all love Gladys, and so do I. You don't think that sometimes they get together and decide that one of them will vote differently? Just so that the great Lady will not think voting her out was unanimous?

It was a kindness done for Gladys, and rightly so. Nothing against Roshon.

And I think Roshon danced 'big'. I see him maturing at every dance. Frankly, I hated his childish ways when he first started and wondered how he got on the show, he seemed like a person with a motor disorder and tics.

Pardon me, I am not a dancer. He has really progressed and dances bigger than himself now, if you can relate to that. I am sorry to see him so near to the bottom.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I agree, Golden. I think that was rather planned, seemed so anyway. To be that upset over it, when Roshon was saved anyway, what is the big deal? In many ways we know it is a popularity contest plus a TV show, for entertainment, not a reason to get angry.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Oh, come on. They all love Gladys, and so do I. You don't think that sometimes they get together and decide that one of them will vote differently? Just so that the great Lady will not think voting her out was unanimous?

It was a kindness done for Gladys, and rightly so. Nothing against Roshon.

And I think Roshon danced 'big'. I see him maturing at every dance. Frankly, I hated his childish ways when he first started and wondered how he got on the show, he seemed like a person with a motor disorder and tics.

Pardon me, I am not a dancer. He has really progressed and dances bigger than himself now, if you can relate to that. I am sorry to see him so near to the bottom.
I agree totally with every thing you posted!

I remember at the beginning up where they all hang out to be interviewed by whatshername, Roshon whispered something in Chelsea's ear while looking and giggling at Gladys as she was walking up the stairs. Not very mature of him, but I'm sure Chelsea nipped that in the bud PDQ! He has matured in to a wonderful dancer IMO. Was really dissapointed in his low scores this week. I hope he gets to go far in the competition!.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
I agree totally with every thing you posted!

I remember at the beginning up where they all hang out to be interviewed by whatshername, Roshon whispered something in Chelsea's ear while looking and giggling at Gladys as she was walking up the stairs. Not very mature of him, but I'm sure Chelsea nipped that in the bud PDQ! He has matured in to a wonderful dancer IMO. Was really dissapointed in his low scores this week. I hope he gets to go far in the competition!.
Thank you. Naturally, I agree with you, too.

Yes. We can see how these dance instructors are mini psychologists, dealing with and having to motivate all sorts of personalities.

I wonder if they would be so patient if there were not the show?

I think if a kid was hard-to-control silly or a guy got sexually or otherwise aggressive with me I would boot them out. These women are very patient. Maybe I'm just too ancient to be that patient.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:19 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Thank you. Naturally, I agree with you, too.

Yes. We can see how these dance instructors are mini psychologists, dealing with and having to motivate all sorts of personalities.

I wonder if they would be so patient if there were not the show?

I think if a kid was hard-to-control silly or a guy got sexually or otherwise aggressive with me I would boot them out. These women are very patient. Maybe I'm just too ancient to be that patient.
Heck, I could learn to be real patient if I was paid enough for it!!! LoL!!!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:44 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Patience is not my strong point, but boy, I could be!!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:59 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
the most enjoyable for me was william & cheryl because the song brought me back. my cousin liked that song alot in the 80s so it brought back memories. the finale will in my guess be katherine vs william. being that alot of women watch dwts and the fact that both katherine and william are new to american audiences, i think william will win it all (i've said before that i am rooting for katherine and i still am)

Old 04-27-2012, 02:03 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I agree, Golden. I think that was rather planned, seemed so anyway. To be that upset over it, when Roshon was saved anyway, what is the big deal? In many ways we know it is a popularity contest plus a TV show, for entertainment, not a reason to get angry.
My OPINION.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm sorry but after last night I think Carrie Ann should turn in her number paddles.
i'd rather lose bruno he's got a helium butt and poor len needs a piece of plexiglass to his immediate left
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV