Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 07:52 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Does anyone undestand what stategic value is it for the two women to hide that they are "federal agents" and instead claim to be teachers?
-Is it to get a sympathy/kindness help if they claim to be teachers?
-Do they think their competitors may be intimidated if they admit to being government bearacracy union workers funded by taxpayer dollars? (cynicism intended).
-Is it to hide that they work for TSA or something, which would certainly invite ridicule and humour.

The term "federal agents" of course if very generic and doesn't really explain what they do, as you have two legitimate "federal agents" already (border patrol agents) my guess is these two are actually some sort of office workers with a job title that has "agent" in it.
I guess you have never seen the women's little video clip of them on the training field....armed with machine guns? I don't think they are desk job girlies. Unlike Federal Agent Phillip on BB.

The reason they are hiding their occupations is hoping they don't have a target on their backs for when it comes to U-turning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I guess you have never seen the women's little video clip of them on the training field....armed with machine guns? I don't think they are desk job girlies. Unlike Federal Agent Phillip on BB.

The reason they are hiding their occupations is hoping they don't have a target on their backs for when it comes to U-turning.
Yes. Some people (even on this forum) really have it in for civil service workers. I think these women are in Drug, Alcohol, and Firearms. So many people have taken drugs and many others believe it should be legalized. Why admit to something that could play to your disadvantage?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:16 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:

OK, fair summation. No I did not see video clip, but assuming TVs penchat for melodrama I figured them to be desk clerks. Still - confused by their generic label, why not say DEA (or ATF, or other government agency) agents if that's what they are? Why not say "special agent", as most federal gun carrying agents have that label. Also, by coming out they conceivable can ally with the border patrol agents I would think.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Does anyone undestand what stategic value is it for the two women to hide that they are "federal agents" and instead claim to be teachers?
-Is it to get a sympathy/kindness help if they claim to be teachers?
-Do they think their competitors may be intimidated if they admit to being government bearacracy union workers funded by taxpayer dollars? (cynicism intended).
-Is it to hide that they work for TSA or something, which would certainly invite ridicule and humour.

The term "federal agents" of course if very generic and doesn't really explain what they do, as you have two legitimate "federal agents" already (border patrol agents) my guess is these two are actually some sort of office workers with a job title that has "agent" in it.
Couple reasons come to mind. First the tag "Kindergarten Teachers" is about as intimidating as a balloon blowing clown. Federal Agents would be less likely to be assisted when help is needed than a couple lowly teachers.

Secondly, Federal Agent Phillip from Survivor has given that tag a black eye.

Now about that Bus incident.. could have used some more info regarding how that went down. Kind of odd but I guess poop happens.

Not so broken up about the clowns going home. They weren't long for the race anyhow. They didn't really annoy me but it's likely they would have, eventually.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:02 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:

That's exactly what they had said earlier in one of those spot shots.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
That's exactly what they had said earlier in one of those spot shots.
I know.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,154,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Isn't the situation that their own team member should not be helping, but others can?
No, in other seasons I've seen teams help each other.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
No, in other seasons I've seen teams help each other.
Yes. I know different teams can help each other, but also I think -
a lot of the challenges had to be done by only one person on the team and there could no deviating from that(help from the other guy on your team) until the task was done.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,154,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. I know different teams can help each other, but also I think -
a lot of the challenges had to be done by only one person on the team and there could no deviating from that(help from the other guy on your team) until the task was done.
Oh! I get what you're saying now. Sorry, I wasn't understanding at first.

Yes, you're right. No help from their racemate.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,362,804 times
I wonder if they'll out themselves to the border agents if they need some help or want to form an alliance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV