Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
I have no problem with Netflix but my Amazon will cut out every now and again...

It could be the Sony player - I would check out their tech support forum and find out if other users are experiencing similar problems. And I guess make sure you have the latest firmware installed.
This was my first thought as I also stream Netflix through many different devices and never have had issues. If you have a PC or Android device, go to speedtest.net and run it, I'm curious to see what your up/down speeds are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM

541 posts, read 861,363 times
Hey to the OP I have Netflix streaming too and there have been issues for me since day one. Some shows won't play at all (error message that they are having trouble retrieving it right now) or come in fuzzy or take forever to load. I did some changes to my Internet setup, but that didn't improve anything for Netflix, but did help with Amazon Instant Videos, etc.

Personally I think it's Netflix if you're having no trouble with Amazon Prime Videos. Try something else that streams videos and see if that works good or not. If not then I would go back to Netflix to complain to their customer service. That's what I'm going to do.

Good luck.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:56 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,584,657 times
If you stream Netflix over a wireless network (such as a wireless adapter plugged into a Netflix capable blueray/dvd player), make sure your wireless signal is strong enough. If you aren't using wireless just disregard.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
If you stream Netflix over a wireless network (such as a wireless adapter plugged into a Netflix capable blueray/dvd player), make sure your wireless signal is strong enough. If you aren't using wireless just disregard.
This wouldn't have anything to do with a blueray/dvd player as this is streaming from a streaming media box. This is what it is:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ifier=S_Netbox

Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,249 times
Seems like lots of other Sony customers having similar problems -
https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewforum.php?f=95&sid=72915a26c29e91d31dbb7fe9bab e4846 (broken link)

Old 03-22-2012, 09:05 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
I would find a new player over a bluray/dvd player. Invest in a hdmi out laptop, pc, xbox or playstation.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:07 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantamount View Post
Hey to the OP I have Netflix streaming too and there have been issues for me since day one. Some shows won't play at all (error message that they are having trouble retrieving it right now) or come in fuzzy or take forever to load. I did some changes to my Internet setup, but that didn't improve anything for Netflix, but did help with Amazon Instant Videos, etc.

Personally I think it's Netflix if you're having no trouble with Amazon Prime Videos. Try something else that streams videos and see if that works good or not. If not then I would go back to Netflix to complain to their customer service. That's what I'm going to do.

Good luck.
I called Netflix to get them to move me to different server. Took a bit of talking but they finally closed my account then told me to log back in to pickup a different server. The service works ok now!!

Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Seems like lots of other Sony customers having similar problems -
https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewforum.php?f=95&sid=72915a26c29e91d31dbb7fe9bab e4846 (broken link)
Thanks for your help.

I noted that none of the complaints were caused by the Sony model player I have now so I'm not going to worry at this point.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I called Netflix to get them to move me to different server. Took a bit of talking but they finally closed my account then told me to log back in to pickup a different server. The service works ok now!!
Oh Cool! I didn't know they could do that! So closing the account and opening a new one will put you on a different server? Hmm, I may try this.

Glad it worked for you!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:47 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
I stream Netflix using a Roku Box. I never have any issues with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV