Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:51 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Eliana is wonderful, she's a great dancer and she has tons of charisma. Unfortunately, some moronic producer decided that airing a story about her accidentally killing her pet bird was a good idea, now when I see her it's all I can think about. Pet birds are family members with amazing little individual personalities, and they love their owners with a passion. The story was horrifying, and when it happened it must have been devastating for her, that's not a cute little anecdote. For people who don't understand, imagine if it were her dog or cat, would they have been so flippant about it? I don't think so.
Glad I missed that! That is an awful story, why would they air it? I always DVR the show and skip over these parts. I find them silly, this is the perfect illustration!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 AM

699 posts, read 1,015,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post

Eliana is wonderful, she's a great dancer and she has tons of charisma. Unfortunately, some moronic producer decided that airing a story about her accidentally killing her pet bird was a good idea, now when I see her it's all I can think about. Pet birds are family members with amazing little individual personalities, and they love their owners with a passion. The story was horrifying, and when it happened it must have been devastating for her, that's not a cute little anecdote. For people who don't understand, imagine if it were her dog or cat, would they have been so flippant about it? I don't think so.
I saw it....it was the episode where each partner shared the anecdote first..Cyrus starts out laughing about it as he tells the story.....totally inappropriate I thought. In fact, I'm shocked there wasn't more of a negative reaction to the episode. I think she said she fell asleep and rolled over it? I could be mistaken though, not sure how it actually happened. I was a little disappointed that she chose this anecdote to share....but I agree with you that the producers should have known better and suggested she choose something else. wl

Old 09-04-2012, 04:55 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
I saw it....it was the episode where each partner shared the anecdote first..Cyrus starts out laughing about it as he tells the story.....totally inappropriate I thought. In fact, I'm shocked there wasn't more of a negative reaction to the episode. I think she said she fell asleep and rolled over it? I could be mistaken though, not sure how it actually happened. I was a little disappointed that she chose this anecdote to share....but I agree with you that the producers should have known better and suggested she choose something else. wl
I don't know if they went into details, I started freaking out early into the story, but I'm sure that's what happened. It's sad and horrible, I did not appreciate hearing about while watching a light, fun dance show. I was about to call over my fiancee' who was in the kitchen when they first showed a quick picture of her with a bird, we both love seeing people with their pet birds, but as they kept talking I was glad he didn't see it.

Last edited by detshen; 09-04-2012 at 05:12 PM..

Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 PM

66 posts, read 77,834 times
I'm totally disgusted that no talent Cyrus gets to stay and amazing Cole has to leave. So disappointed this year.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:59 PM

699 posts, read 1,015,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingthru View Post
I'm totally disgusted that no talent Cyrus gets to stay and amazing Cole has to leave. So disappointed this year.
Agree. Really sad. This year is just not the same show to me as it has been in years past.
Don't know if it's the contestants or just that I'm tiring of it.

Happy that Tiffany and Eleana are in the final. I've thought that Eleana will win but Tifany seems to be peaking at the right time. Would be happy with either of these two girls winning.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:16 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,225,450 times
Agree with you guys. Cole should have gone through, he's more well rounded and apt unlike one-trick-pony-Cyrus -- would be a big middle finger to everyone if he won.

I'm rooting for my gal Eliana, she was my favorite from the beginning. And I'm glad she and Cole got that Mia Michael's routine, which was great and awesome and remnant of how the show use to be.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:58 PM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times
I loved the 3 girls, but Eliana the best, so not much emotional reaction to Whitney leaving. Cole>>>what an amazing performance last night and previously, so sad about him.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Just watched the finale and I couldn't agree more. He should have won it all, best dancer there.

That is one of the things I hate about this show. It happened several years ago when one of the worst dancers won, totally forgettable guy. It hasn't been the same since.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Watching it now...he should not be here.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,655,161 times
I love Cyrus! The animation he does, very very few people can do! He is an artist, and I love how he (sometimes) adds it in to the other dances he does. He has learned and grown *so much* this entire season. The competition, for me, isn't about finding the most professional-type dancer, it's about people who LOVE to dance, learning and stretching themselves. His spirit lifts me up whenever I've seen him; his love for dance shines through. I nearly *died* last night when he danced with Twitch! My son loves him, too, and has been pulling for him the whole time.

Having said that... I've been pulling for both Cyrus and Chehon, since Chehon's Vegas solo. His dancing is *amazing*!! So moving. And I wish he had worn tights more through the season. Holy moly, those thigh muscles! Mercy. I do hope Chehon wins, you can see how his heart and soul lives with dance. That ballet piece was just beautiful.

I loved the entire show last night, I was spellbound the whole time. Wonderful dancing from everyone.

This season had less-polished dancers than the previous few seasons. Disappointing at first, I came to love seeing everyone grow through the weeks.

And I wish *someone* had told poor Eliana that she had lipstick on her teeth! I bet she was so embarrassed when she saw that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV