Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I've always wondered if the producers had input into who wins. I've even posted my thoughts here several times. That hasnt kept me from voting but I still wonder. I think Melissa was great but, starting a few weeks ago, the judges made it obvious (through their comments and scores) that she could do no wrong. That's when I thought she'd probably win.
I agree. They really seemed to love her, no matter what, and I don't think Tony's choreography is all that great, and he isn't as good of a dancer as some of the pros. The main thing I noticed about him over the seasons is how fiercely loyal he was to his partners when the judges criticized them.

Sometimes they seem to go overboard when it comes to praising certain dancers. It also is a little fishy how long some of them stay on when they clearly need to GO, and better dancers get the boot in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Val and Maks were thrilled that Tony won because the three of them own a bunch of dance studios in NY, NJ and CT. They're business partners, so this looks great that two of the studio owners now have Mirror Ball Trophies.
Maks has never won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Winners and Runners-Up:

SEASON--------------WINNER-----------------------------------SECOND PLACE
1) Summer 2005----Kelly Monaco & Alec Mazo------------John O'Hurley & Charlotte Jørgensen
2) Winter 2006------Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke---------Jerry Rice & Anna Trebunskaya
3) Autumn 2006-----Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke--------Mario Lopez & Karina Smirnoff
4) Spring 2007------Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough---Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson
5) Autumn 2007----Hélio Castroneves & Julianne Hough---Mel B & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
6) Spring 2008------Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas---------Jason Taylor & Edyta Śliwińska
7) Autumn 2008----Brooke Burke & Derek Hough-----------Warren Sapp & Kym Johnson
8) Spring 2009------Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas----------Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke
9) Autumn 2009----Donny Osmond & Kym Johnson---------Mýa & Dmitry Chaplin
10) Spring 2010----Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough------ Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya
11) Autumn 2010---Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough------------Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer
12) Spring 2011----Hines Ward & Kym Johnson-----------Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
13) Autumn 2011---J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff--------Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke
14) Spring 2012----Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd-------Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas
15) Autumn 2012---Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani--------Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough

Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,644 times
I'm seeing the pattern....thinks for this detailed winner's list. Helps me to understand the history of the his show a little better.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Winners and Runners-Up:

SEASON--------------WINNER-----------------------------------SECOND PLACE
1) Summer 2005----Kelly Monaco & Alec Mazo------------John O'Hurley & Charlotte Jørgensen
2) Winter 2006------Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke---------Jerry Rice & Anna Trebunskaya
3) Autumn 2006-----Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke--------Mario Lopez & Karina Smirnoff
4) Spring 2007------Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough---Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson
5) Autumn 2007----Hélio Castroneves & Julianne Hough---Mel B & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
6) Spring 2008------Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas---------Jason Taylor & Edyta Śliwińska
7) Autumn 2008----Brooke Burke & Derek Hough-----------Warren Sapp & Kym Johnson
8) Spring 2009------Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas----------Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke
9) Autumn 2009----Donny Osmond & Kym Johnson---------Mýa & Dmitry Chaplin
10) Spring 2010----Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough------ Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya
11) Autumn 2010---Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough------------Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer
12) Spring 2011----Hines Ward & Kym Johnson-----------Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
13) Autumn 2011---J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff--------Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke
14) Spring 2012----Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd-------Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas
15) Autumn 2012---Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani--------Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough
I tuned in when Donnie Osmond was on interesting seeing all those pairings thank you for posting it. Is that John O'Hurley a soap actor that tried to start a campaign that he got robbed of the win? Who is Mel B, Jason Taylor and Warren Sapp? I remember there was some controversy over Evan Lysacek not winning too.

Now I see how Brooke won Derek has 3 wins and 1 runner up.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 PM

I dont know if John O'Hurley has ever been a soap actor. He played J Peterman (Elaine's boss) on "Seinfeld" and was also the host of "Family Feud" for four years starting in 2006. I always thought he was a great actor and I (as well as many, many viewers) agree that he was robbed when Kelly Monaco was announced as the winner of DWTS. ABC then staged a dance-off between O'Hurley and Kelly, which O’Hurley won.

Mel B was one of the Spice Girls, a singing group. She was Scary Spice.

Jason Taylor was a football player for the Miami Dolphins, the Washington Redskins and the New York Jets. He won a lot of awards, including NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2006.

Warren Sapp was a football player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders. He also won a lot of awards but he was a rough, very unsportsmanlike (in my opinion) player.

I dont recall any controversy about Evan Lysacek not winning but that doesnt mean there wasnt any. Nicole Scherzinger was an awesome dancer and I think she deserved the win.

Mario Lopez was the biggest crybaby of all when he didnt win. He said, right on TV when he was interviewed after Emmit Smith was announced as the winner, that he thought it was a Dancing Show, not a Popularity Show. He repeated that on every show on which he appeared for quite some time after that too. He really is a good dancer but DWTS is not just a dancing show and everyone knows that.

A lot of stars owe DWTS for giving their careers a boost. Mario Lopez, for example, was a has-been until he competed on the show and then his career took off like gangbusters. (And he dated Karina Smirnoff for quite a while after the season ended too.)

Last edited by TFW46; 11-29-2012 at 08:45 PM..

Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I dont know if John O'Hurley has ever been a soap actor. He played J Peterman (Elaine's boss) on "Seinfeld" and was also the host of "Family Feud" for four years starting in 2006. I always thought he was a great actor and I (as well as many, many viewers) agree that he was robbed when Kelly Monaco was announced as the winner of DWTS. ABC then staged a dance-off between O'Hurley and Kelly, which O’Hurley won.

Mel B was one of the Spice Girls, a singing group. She was Scary Spice.

Jason Taylor was a football player for the Miami Dolphins, the Washington Redskins and the New York Jets. He won a lot of awards, including NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2006.

Warren Sapp was a football player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders. He also won a lot of awards but he was a rough, very unsportsmanlike (in my opinion) player.

I dont recall any controversy about Evan Lysacek not winning but that doesnt mean there wasnt any. Nicole Scherzinger was an awesome dancer and I think she deserved the win.

Mario Lopez was the biggest crybaby of all when he didnt win. He said, right on TV when he was interviewed after Emmit Smith was announced as the winner, that he thought it was a Dancing Show, not a Popularity Show. He repeated that on every show on which he appeared for quite some time after that too. He really is a good dancer but DWTS is not just a dancing show and everyone knows that.

A lot of stars owe DWTS for giving their careers a boost. Mario Lopez, for example, was a has-been until he competed on the show and then his career took off like gangbusters. (And he dated Karina Smirnoff for quite a while after the season ended too.)
Thank you for those updates yes that is the man I'm thinking use to be a soap star has a niiiiiiiiiiice voice too. Wow I didn't know Mario was a poor sport that is kind of what Evan did too after his loss but didn't go on a ton of shows spewing about it. I agree it has brought new focus on washed up stars some it turned out well others not so much.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Actually, John O'Hurley was on The Young and the Restless many years ago. If I remember correctly, he played Cricket/Christine's long-lost father.

I did an IMDB search and found out he was also on The Edge of Night (now there's an oldie!) from 1983 - 1984. And then on the soap Loving from 1984 - 1985; As the World Turns in 1988; Santa Barbara from 1990 - 1991; and General Hospital in 1992.

So, he has been on A LOT of soaps (all but two of them canceled LOL).

Since I'm a long-time viewer of Y & R, I remembered him being on that show, but didn't realize until I just did the search that he had also been on all those others.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 PM

Thanks, Cinebar! I never watch soaps so I dont know anyone on them.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, John O'Hurley was on The Young and the Restless many years ago. If I remember correctly, he played Cricket/Christine's long-lost father.

I did an IMDB search and found out he was also on The Edge of Night (now there's an oldie!) from 1983 - 1984. And then on the soap Loving from 1984 - 1985; As the World Turns in 1988; Santa Barbara from 1990 - 1991; and General Hospital in 1992.

So, he has been on A LOT of soaps (all but two of them canceled LOL).

Since I'm a long-time viewer of Y & R, I remembered him being on that show, but didn't realize until I just did the search that he had also been on all those others.
Thanks Cinebar! My great gma and gma use to watch soaps when I was growing up I thought it was weird he'd be on one show then show up on another one at the other gma's house.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:28 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
I really thought Maks had won, and I guess I'm really surprised he never did. I just remember the year he angered Len by saying "This is my show" or words to that effect, so I thought he'd won at one point.

The one dancer I really enjoyed was Ralph Macchio. He seemed very down to earth and genuine. I didn't watch DWTS until the 2nd season, so I didn't see Kelly's win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV