Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 09:38 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,172,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I like Juan Pablo, too, but I'm not sure he'll make a great Bachelor. First, there's his little girl, and unless Mom lets her appear in some episodes, like Emily's daughter, he's going to miss her very much, and second, he's not completely proficient in English. I honestly think the only reason he got the job (so to speak) is because of the fan reaction at The Men Tell All where he was definitely being "tested".

I'm not sure Brooks would have made a good bachelor, either. He's too wishy-washy. Drew was too effiminate for many of the viewers and Zak didn't have that much of a following, so they had to go past the top four for the first time ever, I think.

The producers won't bring in new blood because they've found a formula in bringing back favorites who didn't win. Basically, the audience already knows them, so they can jump right into the show without having to do a lot of background info on the Bachelor/ette. That saves production costs....

I'm still very curious as to why they revealed Juan Pablo so early...usually it's at the end of DWTS that they announce the new Bachelor. They must be looking at a lot of pre-show publicity to drum up excitement since Des's season was a total ratings bust until the finale when it skyrocketed. They don't want a low ratings season again.
A requirement for The Bachelor is to be proficient in English? I hadn't heard that. I have no problem understanding him. He's proficient. He's hot, the ladies love him. Sounds like an obvious choice for the producers. It's all about the ratings, Juan Pablo's looks & his accent will bring in the ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 01:59 PM

884 posts, read 1,063,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
But you know you'll watch it!!
You are so absolutely right Will be watching another return candidate try to find "love" or at least gain enough popularity to go start a business somewhere afterwards. LOL!

Old 08-09-2013, 05:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,205,469 times
I finally watched it. I had stupidly come here and ended up reading her choice before watching. I had believed the spoilers, so I ruined the surprise which would have been nice. I wasn't really interested after that, but had a headache and felt like zoning with some TV. IDK, the whole thing feels very set up to me. I don't care if it is, I just watch this show for some mindless fun, but I don't like it to feel obvious. There was a one on one date with Brooks that I was watching awhile ago, I had already read the spoilers and believed he was the one she chose, but I was perplexed because she seemed so distracted, like she wasn't really interested in him at all, and then all this happens...

Anyway, I'm sure she and Chris will have a lot of fun on their press tour, and enjoy their fame, so it's all good. He seems like a good guy, and it was sweet how he was looking at her when she was crying, I really felt like he hated seeing her upset and would go out of his way to keep a woman he cared about happy. I do think he is very into her, and she will enjoy her time with him. Their longterm chances are probably no better or worse than any other of these couples, so we will likely see their break up announcement on magazine covers at some point, but I wish them well.

Poor Drew, so homely, and all the love, and devotion talk will be such a turn off to women everywhere. Poor guy will never get a date, likely single forever

Yes, I am so kidding, there will be women throwing themselves at him everywhere he goes. That boy is going to have his pick of so many women, it's probably already insane, and I bet he will get over his "love" for Des very quickly.

Juan Pablo seems as good a pick as any, much better than Zak. I don't care f he has an accent, that's never bothered me, and I'm sure it has been worked out so the daughter will get some screen time. He's quite attractive, I will probably watch him.

Last edited by detshen; 08-09-2013 at 05:17 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 06:15 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,286,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I liked Juan Pablo, very atractive but I don't think he is the best choice for the Bachelor. I am afraid it will be the same scenerio that we saw with Emily and her little girl. No one will be good enough for the daughter. I have nothing against single moms or dads finding love, but just not sure they are the best contestants for reality t.v. Juan Pablo had said when he got eliminated that he missed his little girl so much and was anxious to get back to her. How is he going to handle being away from her for weeks?

I actually think Brooks was maybe thinking he would be the next bachelor and maybe why he wanted to leave. Just my opinion.

I think Drew would of made a great bachelor...........or someone brand NEW as you mentioned!
I think the producers made a big mistake choosing Juan Pablo as next bachelor.
I won't be watching and I know others feeling the same way.
He's just not fluent enough in English.

I think the producers missed their chance, show should have announced James as the next bachelor
Ratings would go thru the roof

Brooks is too low key and Zak too goofy to be the bachelor but James...that would interesting

Old 08-12-2013, 10:35 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,705,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I like Juan Pablo, too, but I'm not sure he'll make a great Bachelor. First, there's his little girl, and unless Mom lets her appear in some episodes, like Emily's daughter, he's going to miss her very much, and second, he's not completely proficient in English. I honestly think the only reason he got the job (so to speak) is because of the fan reaction at The Men Tell All where he was definitely being "tested".

I'm not sure Brooks would have made a good bachelor, either. He's too wishy-washy. Drew was too effiminate for many of the viewers and Zak didn't have that much of a following, so they had to go past the top four for the first time ever, I think.

The producers won't bring in new blood because they've found a formula in bringing back favorites who didn't win. Basically, the audience already knows them, so they can jump right into the show without having to do a lot of background info on the Bachelor/ette. That saves production costs....

I'm still very curious as to why they revealed Juan Pablo so early...usually it's at the end of DWTS that they announce the new Bachelor. They must be looking at a lot of pre-show publicity to drum up excitement since Des's season was a total ratings bust until the finale when it skyrocketed. They don't want a low ratings season again.
What about his little girl? Is it a problem that he has one? He is proficient in English, but he has a thick accent. I think the people on the show did that on purpose because I noticed that he doesn't talk a lot, but it seems like he understands everything.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:38 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,705,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post

I think the producers missed their chance, show should have announced James as the next bachelor

Brooks is too low key and Zak too goofy to be the bachelor but James...that would interesting
Wow, is it really that big of a deal? You might do yourself good by learning Spanish(or any new foreign language really). I think he was cast as just a guy that doesn't speak a lot, because im on episode 6 or 7 and I haven't heard him speak a lot myself, but I am pretty sure that between now and then, if he does have any deficiencies in English that they will be ironed out.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:25 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
What about his little girl? Is it a problem that he has one? He is proficient in English, but he has a thick accent. I think the people on the show did that on purpose because I noticed that he doesn't talk a lot, but it seems like he understands everything.
Before it was announced he'd be the Bachelor, he himself said he didn't think he'd want to be the Bachelor because it would mean being away from his daughter for too long. It's not a problem that he has a child anymore than it was for Jason Mesnick or Emily Maynard other than the hardship of being away from them.

He will also have a voice coach and a personal trainer in the weeks before the show (all the Bachelor/ettes have personal trainers for about six weeks before their filming begins) so his accent will likely be less apparent.

Juan Pablo Galavis, 31-Year-Old Retired Soccer Star, To Be First Latino Bachelor On 'The Bachelor'? 4 Fast Facts About The Venezuelan : Latin Times

Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 AM

4,349 posts, read 4,729,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post

Juan Pablo went to college in the U.S. I think he is probably fluent enough. What you mean is that he speaks with an accent. Hell, you put somebody from where I now live on the show and you'd likely need subtitles for the Southern accent!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:19 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,172,731 times
Yeah, I don't understand this "he's not proficient in English" argument going on. He's totally proficient. He has an accent. Big deal. There are people who were born & raised right here in the U.S. that I find hard to understand.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:28 AM

748 posts, read 1,377,343 times
He shouldnt be the next Bachelor because of his accent? Im speechless...WOW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV