Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:10 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,016,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
OMG, as a kid this show seriously terrified me and twisted my stomach into knots.

Two episodes come to mind offhand. One was about a kid who was growing mushrooms in his basement from a kit he had sent away for. There was something really, really wrong with those mushrooms. The dad suspected something was amiss, and went downstairs...

I think the other one was the very first episode of the series. I watched it for the first time a couple of years ago. It was truly horrifying, about a woman who had been assaulted and her husband who was bound on avenging her. Really really good.

Man rapes guys wife while guy is at work, and she loses her mind. So, they are driving around as husband is hoping wife will identify the rapist. "There he is! That's him!" Husband kills the guy she points at, and they are driving down the road again later: "There he IS! That's him!. Wife points at a different guy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 09:20 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Watching it on ME TV is downright wonderful; that's my favorite channel for classic TV shows.

I also enjoy watching "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour" every night on MeTV. It's sandwiched between "Night Gallery" (Rod Serling's show after "Twilight Zone" ended) and Boris Karloff's "Thriller". And I agree about MeTV being the favorite classic TV channel.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:03 PM

22,844 posts, read 6,437,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
I can hear the music ...

Me too, the old black and white show with a little narrative by
Alfred himself....

Old 02-27-2015, 11:36 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
I loved that show. I watched it every week. It was on either right before or right after "Perry Mason."
It's ironic that one of my Christmas presents in 2014 was a book of Alfred Hitchcock stories. I subscribed to his mystery story magazine when I was a kid.

This also brings to mind a show that usually scared me. Anyone remember "One Step Beyond." I liked it but not nearly as much as I liked Hitchcock's show. I remember that it was on Sunday nights.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:22 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Yeah those were the days...such good shows. Alfred Hitchcock, Thriller, The Night Gallery, Twilight Zone....
but I like Grimm, the Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, Hannibal and Constantine now.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:38 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,440 times
Two great shows. The stories in Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Twilight Zone both had surprise twists at the ends of most episodes. The difference was that Twilight Zone stories were science fiction or supernatural and Alfred Hitchcock Presents were not.

But the best thing about Alfred Hitchcock Presents were his pre- and post-show segments. He always wound up in some foolish position. I remember one where he was trying to build a boat in a bottle during the introduction. In the end segment he had wound up in the bottle himself. He always said that he hoped to have his problem resolved by next week.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:54 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Man rapes guys wife while guy is at work, and she loses her mind. So, they are driving around as husband is hoping wife will identify the rapist. "There he is! That's him!" Husband kills the guy she points at, and they are driving down the road again later: "There he IS! That's him!. Wife points at a different guy...
Yes, it was pretty intense for a TV show.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:29 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Loved it then and still do. Can catch it AntTV, I believe.

It is MeTV, not AntTV... but I could have sworn I saw it on AntTV.... hhmmm, maybe Hitchcock gas lighting me!!!

Old 10-08-2017, 04:59 PM

950 posts, read 692,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
The reason this episode is one of my favorites is because it teaches a valuable lesson that one should never take revenge by taking the Law into one's own hands. Instead let the Law handle it. Although revenge and justice might seem the same but there is actually a big difference.. Revenge is emotionally motivated whereas Justice is due process of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV