Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times

Advertisements

I turned on the almost end of this show and was wondering about the ring one of the lottery
winners Anne Milford had on. She said it was a luck ring or gem ring.
I was wondering what the gem was, it was real pretty. Donald was giving advice on how they should invest
and spend there money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Watch the show online. I'm pretty sure NBC posts their shows online in case you missed it.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:47 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Default Larimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
I turned on the almost end of this show and was wondering about the ring one of the lottery
winners Anne Milford had on. She said it was a luck ring or gem ring.
I was wondering what the gem was, it was real pretty. Donald was giving advice on how they should invest
and spend there money.

I watched the show too. The stone is called "Larimar" and it is mined in the Dominican Republic. If you are in the Caribbean you will see it sold all over the place. The person that discovered it named it after his daughter Larissa, "Lar" and sea "Mar". It is a beautiful light blue stone. I have two necklaces and a bracelet but have not won the lottery! It is a beautiful stone!

Last edited by happyinca; 03-05-2013 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
I watched the show as well. I didnt see the couple buying the huge mcmasion even though they could afford it, it just didnt seem like them.

Just because one has millions doesnt men you have to live in a palace, some of them are actually ugly, and to thrw in 2 bentleys, give me a break, i dont want a bentley...

Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Default Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I watched the show as well. I didnt see the couple buying the huge mcmasion even though they could afford it, it just didnt seem like them.

Just because one has millions doesnt men you have to live in a palace, some of them are actually ugly, and to thrw in 2 bentleys, give me a break, i dont want a bentley...
Oh my gosh! I totally agree. I actually hated that house and the Bentleys. That house was so over the top and did not feel "Florida" to me but something out of Europe. So ornate. I could not stand the furnishings that were including. YUCK! I would not want that house if it were free. Thinks of the upkeep and property taxes. Why do 2 people need 13 bathrooms? When I think Florida, I think of a casual Key West type house, or a "Plantatation" type house I think they are called. I have only been there twice but I saw lovely homes in Ft. Lauderdale along the canals. I could see them buying a casual beach house for 1 or 2 million cash, then using some for charity which was important for them and investing very low risk and living a simple life style.

As for the lady that had already lost 3 million of her 6 million winnings and had no clue where it went and hired forensic accountants, I knew where it went...lifestyle lady! Houses, cars etc. Sure enough...At least she did admit and and hopefully will not blow the rest of her fortune.

I am glad she listened to "The Donald" and did not start a shoe company. She would have surely lost it all in that. There are already too many shoe companies and she would not have had the "star power" name of the others like Jessica Simpson etc.

Interesting the first few they interviewed who had won 5 million and now lived on social security...wow lessons to be learned from that.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:03 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I watched the show too. The stone is called "Larimar" and it is mined in the Dominican Republic. If you are in the Caribbean you will see it sold all over the place. The person that discovered it named it after his daughter Larissa, "Lar" and sea "Mar". It is a beautiful light blue stone. I have two necklaces and a bracelet but have not won the lottery! It is a beautiful stone!
Thank-you I also have a bracelet I got along time ago while on a cruise in St. Thomas.

I guess maybe I need to start to wear it again and maybe be lucky! I also like amber that they have on the islands.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:52 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Oh my gosh! I totally agree. I actually hated that house and the Bentleys. That house was so over the top and did not feel "Florida" to me but something out of Europe. So ornate. I could not stand the furnishings that were including. YUCK! I would not want that house if it were free. Thinks of the upkeep and property taxes. Why do 2 people need 13 bathrooms? When I think Florida, I think of a casual Key West type house, or a "Plantatation" type house I think they are called. I have only been there twice but I saw lovely homes in Ft. Lauderdale along the canals. I could see them buying a casual beach house for 1 or 2 million cash, then using some for charity which was important for them and investing very low risk and living a simple life style.

As for the lady that had already lost 3 million of her 6 million winnings and had no clue where it went and hired forensic accountants, I knew where it went...lifestyle lady! Houses, cars etc. Sure enough...At least she did admit and and hopefully will not blow the rest of her fortune.

I am glad she listened to "The Donald" and did not start a shoe company. She would have surely lost it all in that. There are already too many shoe companies and she would not have had the "star power" name of the others like Jessica Simpson etc.

Interesting the first few they interviewed who had won 5 million and now lived on social security...wow lessons to be learned from that.

I agree with everything in your post, i could have said it as well.

I don't get the "every person" needs their own bathroom thing, I find it utterly ridiculous, and un necessary, almost to the point of gluttonisn.
13 bathrooms, like I couldn't think of enough ensambles for 13....nor would I want to.

How do you not know were 3 million dollars goes? hello??? I couldn't even imagine that.?????

I actually find these huge mcmansions with a room for every freaking activity one can do somewhat ridiculous.

office, media room, reading room, game room....um, this can all be done in the living room.....

hence, living, is what you are doing in the home, in the room.....

Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Click here to see the complete episode with Donald Trump:

'It Could Happen to You', Part 1 - Video on NBCNews.com

Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
The lady who "lost" 3 M "lost" it from spending on houses and boats. BoatS. Why would anyone buy multiple boats? Family members? I don't feel sorry for her.

The "Big House" was nice but too many rooms and bathrooms. I'd be happy with 1/4 of it. "Modern House" was too modern for my tastes. The land was okay but not enough room between neighbors for me. I was happy to see that couple going on a search again. I'd search more up north for a house or land. North of S. Florida that is. I wonder how much a nice little island would cost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV