Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 06:53 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,560 times

Advertisements

Have you watched this show ?

I found it to be a wonderous work of art.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 03:05 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,955 times
I watched the first part of the first episode. I agree -- the cinematography is amazing!!! So often Americans forget how much wonder is right in our own back yard.

I have to admit that I am finding myself watching it slowly because I find it quite emotional. I'm not sure why. It's like rooting for one's favorite characters in a movie or a cable TV series like Game of Thrones. I cried when the baby caribou was caught by the wolves, but was glad to see them take their prey back to their own pups. I cheered for the prairie dog as she took on a poisonous rattle snake to get it away from her pups. I was moved by the comparison of the baby sea turtles' journey to the ocean to the beaches of Normandy. I chalk this up to a lot of amazing writing as well as the realization that I may never see most of these things in my lifetime.

I'm hoping they spend a greater amount of time at some point talking about mountain lions.

BTW the theme song apparently was written and performed by Bon Jovi. With that, and Tom Selleck as narrator, how much more American can you get!

Old 05-25-2013, 06:02 PM

11,640 posts, read 12,715,051 times
I've wanted to watch this, but it doesn't seem to be available online or on demand. I have conflict with its on-air time.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:26 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,050,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Tom Selleck as narrator, how much more American can you get!
Well, he's on the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association.

Meet the NRA's Board of Directors | Mother Jones

The show is good, and the graphics are excellent.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:43 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,560 times
Quote:
Quote: MatildaLoo

I have to admit that I am finding myself watching it slowly because I find it quite emotional. I'm not sure why. It's like rooting for one's favorite characters in a movie or a cable TV series like Game of Thrones. I cried when the baby caribou was caught by the wolves, but was glad to see them take their prey back to their own pups. I cheered for the prairie dog as she took on a poisonous rattle snake to get it away from her pups. I was moved by the comparison of the baby sea turtles' journey to the ocean to the beaches of Normandy. I chalk this up to a lot of amazing writing as well as the realization that I may never see most of these things in my lifetime.
I agree, some of it is too real. I was sad about the baby Grey Whale getting killed by the Orca's. As pointed out by the narrator, some die so that others can live made sense to me. It is presented in a way that you start to root for the victim or potential victim. The baby buffalo was awesome...

The mountain lion was mentioned in the preview at the end of the second episode, so I think your wish will be granted.

The weather pattern for the plains made a lot of sense for the causation of tornadoes in America's mid-section. Didn't realize that is the place that has more tornadoes than anywhere on Earth, simply because of the jetstream and the geography mix.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:51 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
I agree, some of it is too real. I was sad about the baby Grey Whale getting killed by the Orca's. As pointed out by the narrator, some die so that others can live made sense to me. It is presented in a way that you start to root for the victim or potential victim. The baby buffalo was awesome...

The mountain lion was mentioned in the preview at the end of the second episode, so I think your wish will be granted.

The weather pattern for the plains made a lot of sense for the causation of tornadoes in America's mid-section. Didn't realize that is the place that has more tornadoes than anywhere on Earth, simply because of the jetstream and the geography mix.
I never thought before about the role that the mountains play in the country's weather patterns. It was very interesting to learn about that.

I'm excited about the mountain lion, especially since every other redneck around here claims to have seen one despite the fact that mountain lions don't claim PA as their habitat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV