Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,980 times

Advertisements

They just announced the program. This season starts this Tuesday, Sept 5 at 9 I think central time. I lived in Colorado Springs for 3 years and we never thought of it as crime ridden. I wonder if they used him to help in Denver problems (which is close) or other counties around since he had such a good reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 05:14 PM

47 posts, read 79,117 times
I love Lt. Joe Kenda and the Homicide Hunter show on ID network. He has such a unique and straightforward personality. "My, my, my" (one of his catch phrases)
It's a great show to live tweet on Twitter, some of the cast & crew tweet and Lt. Kenda responds to questions.
To my mind, this show and "The Shift" on Reelz network are the best true crime/police procedurals because they show a lot of respect for the victims and families, while displaying the nitty-gritty of detective work.
At the end of the show I'm often in tears or at least sniffling. What a waste of life, usually for no good reason, or no reason at all.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:15 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Can someone give me the web site addy of Kenda' s on-line game? Has anyone played it?

Old 11-06-2014, 06:22 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,048,329 times
Default Do you CS locals feel uneasy about the show?

I watch Homicide Hunter all the time. I'm just wondering if you locals feel uneasy about having all of these murders in your city shown to the whole country?

From what I've seen, a good portion of the murders are committed by men in the military, which CS is heavily dependent on.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:30 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
I watch Homicide Hunter all the time. I'm just wondering if you locals feel uneasy about having all of these murders in your city shown to the whole country?

From what I've seen, a good portion of the murders are committed by men in the military, which CS is heavily dependent on.
No, I don't feel uneasy. Don't forget, these murders took place in the 1970's and 1980's. The majority of crimes in COS are committed by drug dealers and gang members. You're also only seeing Joe Kenda's cases on this show, and it may be just coincidence that his involved a lot of military members. That's not the case in general. COS actually has a fairly low crime rate for a city its size (500K+), and the majority of the crimes happen in the south/southeast part of the city. The rest of the city is extremely safe.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:35 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,048,329 times
thanks, Marcy. Yes, the north part of town is quite lovely. I've never investigated anything east of I-25. But if it's anything like Denver, it's loaded with new developments/ homes stretching out into the plains.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:16 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Yup, all the "sprawl" is to the north and east. Eons ago, when I lived in Littleton and we'd go to the Springs, the Rockrimmon area was rural and the USAFA was out in the middle of nowhere. Kind of like Littleton once was or the area at I-25 and Arapahoe Rd. When I go to Denver these days, it starts in Castle Rock, it seems and sprawls so far east. I remember when I-25 south of Hampden was the "country".

Old 11-09-2014, 09:16 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
I hate cop shows, but watch this one. He has a dry wit and great personality.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:58 PM

Kenda' s got a commercial for Toyota now!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:05 PM

Just watching a 're-run of Kenda' s first homicide case. Loved how he got a little animated...at least his eyes and mouth smiled.

Also last week's episode of a friend of his and his wife being murdered...Kenda crying a little bit. Made me like him more. He became a REAL person to me. Not just retelling his cases but being a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV