Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 03:29 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,105,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Canada airs the show on FX Canada.

New, half-hour episodes of AMC and OLTL air Monday through Thursday, with "re-cap"/interview shows (also 30 mins, each) will air on Fridays (supposedly titled "More All My Children" and "More One Life to Live", though it's hard to explain without having seen the format yet).

AMC and OLTL share one studio space. For five to seven weeks, they film a chunk of AMC episodes, while the OLTL actors are on break. The set designers then come in and convert the sets to OLTL sets, and the OLTL actors come in to film for the same period of time, while the AMC actors get their break. This on/off thing helps save money and gives the actors the freedom to do other things, or live somewhere else when not filming. There will not, however, be a break in viewing--they are currently putting a "stamp" on the eps as "Chapter One, Part ___" to denote this is the first batch of shows filmed in the five/six week period. I'm guessing there will be an intentional story arc lasting during that "chapter", and new stories will kick off when "Chapter Two" starts, though there will still be that soap-y "continuing story" feel.
There won't be a break between chapters, or at least they lead us to believe there won't be, since daytime typically doesn't do a "hiatus" like most TV shows.
Oh, I thought they were only going to have episodes for a certain number of weeks and then be "off air" for a certain number of weeks. That's good news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 04:04 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
OK kiddos...these two previously cancelled ABC shows, now produced by Prospect Park premiered today on Hulu. What did you think?
Better than ever! I never would have dreamed that getting the axe from ABC would revitalize the genre. This is true soap writing like I haven't seen in years. Watching AMC and OLTL online just goes to show how much these shows were under the thumb of the networks who tried their best to crush them into dust. I'll probably get the Hulu Plus so I can watch through my wii on my tv set.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,271,349 times
WARNING: I'm about to snark on two very popular characters from Pine Valley.

I see David Hayward still is the same old self-righteous, self-important asshat. No doubt five years in prison multiplied his arrogance a thousand fold.

And Zach still hasn't acquainted himself with a comb or a razor!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

And Zach still hasn't acquainted himself with a comb or a razor!
Oooooh, but that is what I have always found so sexy about him - that kind of rumpled look with that five-o-clock shadow thing.

And his accent doesn't hurt either.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM

Oh, and I do want to say that it is good seeing David Canary looking so well.

He is the last surviving member of the Bonanza cast and I always loved him as Candy.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,933,700 times
After watching AMC since the beginning in 1970, I went ahead and watched this week's first four episodes. I am glad I was so disappointed in it, because I really didn't want to watch the soap anymore anyway and fear if I had liked it I'd be watching it again. No chance of that! I had made my peace with its ending back in September 2011 and was actually glad to be rid of that addiction.

My take on the new AMC is there is a whole lot of bad acting!! Seriously, the only good actors are Vincent Irizzary (DAVID) and Eden Rigel (BIANCA). Sure most people hate David, but he is a good actor and gets the job done which is why you hate him. Bianca was always too good for AMC and they were lucky to have her.

All of the other returning actors have either let their skills go down the tubes (Adam, Brooke, Dixie, Opal, Zach, Angie....) or were never any good in the first place (Jesse, Cara, Griffin...).

The new actors are pretty awful along with the new storylines. The teenagers growing up so much in five years is no big deal to me since soaps have always done age progression on kids. It wasn't until the last 15 years or so that they even let that many kids LIVE on soaps!

That's my opinion on AMC, for what it is worth. I am glad it sucks....IMNSHO.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:22 AM

My only real complaint so far is that the teen scene seems a little too heavy-handed for my tastes.

And my big question: WHAT HAPPENED TO TAD????

Michael E. Knight has said he's open to coming back to the show, but can't right now.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,933,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
My only real complaint so far is that the teen scene seems a little too heavy-handed for my tastes.

And my big question: WHAT HAPPENED TO TAD????

Michael E. Knight has said he's open to coming back to the show, but can't right now.
That was my only question at the end of the week, also. I am guessing he has Kathy/Kate with him (his daughter with Dixie). Before they showed us it was JR in the hospital I figured it was either him or Tad. Also, it was easy to know before they showed the headstone that it was Marissa who was dead, because David was crying and he wouldn't cry for anyone but his children.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the actress who plays Cara looks terrible?

It used to drive me nuts before because they would do these close-up side views of her and her makeup was so heavy, especially the fake eyelashes, and I thought it was way overdone.

But I'm not so sure this more "natural" Cara is a good thing.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM

I agree she wears too much makeup, and while her hair is beautiful it's always in her face and it's quite distracting. She's called MasCara on some other discussion boards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV