Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times

Advertisements

there are many people putting their lives on the line daily out there--soldiers,cops,firemen--to criticize this man/family is to criticize the others who are in danger of dying DAILY--IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 10:03 AM

933 posts, read 1,478,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
there are many people putting their lives on the line daily out there--soldiers,cops,firemen--to criticize this man/family is to criticize the others who are in danger of dying DAILY--IMO
That is so off-base I cannot even believe that you could have possibly typed it. Those brave soles put their lives on the line for others. They do it in order to save other people! Wallenda, on the other hand, does it for entertainment and his own personal gains.

In fact, he makes a mockery of those brave men and women. For you to say anything other is just insulting to these people. How dare you.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
That is so off-base I cannot even believe that you could have possibly typed it. Those brave soles put their lives on the line for others. They do it in order to save other people! Wallenda, on the other hand, does it for entertainment and his own personal gains.

In fact, he makes a mockery of those brave men and women. For you to say anything other is just insulting to these people. How dare you.
I agree, those jobs are not comparable. We truly need those people to save lives.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:50 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:

Kudos, David. How could you not believe she wrote something like that??

Old 06-27-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:

i am comparing his JOB to other jobs people chose inso far as the danger element---how dare you judge me and my motives for what i post-----stay on topic----off topic--i am from a military/law enforcement family so your insults r off base

this topic of this man's walk has become a grounds for insulting the man,the family,his skills---how sad but typical of the negativity on cd

what he did showed skill,courage and faith in God---it is a part of his family's work---plus his envied financial gain goes back into his community

Old 06-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
i am comparing his JOB to other jobs people chose inso far as the danger element---how dare you judge me and my motives for what i post-----stay on topic----off topic--i am from a military/law enforcement family so your insults r off base

this topic of this man's walk has become a grounds for insulting the man,the family,his skills---how sad but typical of the negativity on cd

what he did showed skill,courage and faith in God---it is a part of his family's work---plus his envied financial gain goes back into his community
Say what you want, but I am not going to let you get away with comparing American heroes to a guy who risks his life for a two hour and twenty minute discovery channel special. You are trying to cover your tracks, but we all saw your disrespectful, unthoughtful comments. I am not judging you, I saw what you wrote, and was deeply offended by such comments.

I don't care if your father was the president, it doesn't make what you said any less disgraceful. You might not realize it, but you compared a firefighter saving a child from a fire to a guy who walks on a wire, just wrong.

I am not insulting you, I am just not letting you get away with that horrific comparison. And what I said is far from off-base. There's a reason why this man's walk has turned out the way it has, because he put his family and friends in the position of potentially seeing him fall to his death. And that is wrong.

And don't me get started on his seemingly thousands of Jesus references (as a Jew they were not appreciated. Anyways, I think God has more important things to worry about than some idiot walking on a wire. ).

Old 06-27-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Say what you want, but I am not going to let you get away with comparing American heroes to a guy who risks his life for a two hour and twenty minute discovery channel special. You are trying to cover your tracks, but we all saw your disrespectful, unthoughtful comments. I am not judging you, I saw what you wrote, and was deeply offended by such comments.

I don't care if your father was the president, it doesn't make what you said any less disgraceful. You might not realize it, but you compared a firefighter saving a child from a fire to a guy who walks on a wire, just wrong.

I am not insulting you, I am just not letting you get away with that horrific comparison. And what I said is far from off-base. There's a reason why this man's walk has turned out the way it has, because he put his family and friends in the position of potentially seeing him fall to his death. And that is wrong.

And don't me get started on his seemingly thousands of Jesus references (as a Jew they were not appreciated. Anyways, I think God has more important things to worry about than some idiot walking on a wire. ).
again you are off base----attacking someone cause you dislike his christianity and are offended by it

and you are insulting--judgemental rude and looking for an argument and SO OFF TOPIC

you obviously so missed the point of this man's dangerous JOB(yes it is a job)and has a less limited amt of danger than those whose job puts them in danger daily---now r u getting it

on topic---most of those that saw or read of this event praised his strength and courage and ability and faith

Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
again you are off base----attacking someone cause you dislike his christianity and are offended by it

and you are insulting--judgemental rude and looking for an argument and SO OFF TOPIC

you obviously so missed the point of this man's dangerous JOB(yes it is a job)and has a less limited amt of danger than those whose job puts them in danger daily---now r u getting it

on topic---most of those that saw or read of this event praised his strength and courage and ability and faith
No, I am not attacking her because he is Christian. I have no problem with anyone's faith. What I have a problem with is how he must have said "Jesus" a hundred times. I thought it was an indirect (or direct) attempt at proselytizing others. (discovery should have beeped it out or something after the 20th time) And anyways, if you think God cares about this guy with all the other crap going on in the world, then I can't help you.

Your argument about jobs makes no sense. If job means something in which one receives money, then sure it's a job. But so is myself with my lemonade stand! At the end of the day, while I respect the fact that he made it, I am totally against putting his friends and family in that position. But I am totally against risking my life for the entertainment of others, so I guess that's just me .

Yeah I saw the event and wanted him to make it, but, I don't think courage is the right word here. Courage is throwing yourself in a burning building to save a child, courage is tracking down a bank robber and arresting him. You know what's not courage? Walking on a two inch wire for an entertainment television show is not courage! There is a difference between courage and idiocy. Again, you are making a mockery of the word courage.

Anything else?

Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
I so agree with you, David. I'm glad he made it but I don't like that he subjects his children to the possibility of watching him fall to his death, especially the little boy. I still can see his face in my mind and it makes me sick.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM

And yes, Annie, I did get your very hurtful, rude, hateful DM. Not appreciated, that's for sure. That's not how you talk to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV