Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 07:18 PM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times

Advertisements

I wish I would have known about this. I missed a lot of movies I would have watched.

If you haven't seen this schedule before, they are showing them by category: https://prod-images.tcm.com/Microsit...ar-sp-feb-2023
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2023, 07:53 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
Yes! I'd be lost without TCM. This month has been incredible. It's going to take me quite awhile to work my way through all the ones I've DVR'd this month alone. Watching Three Colours: Red tonight.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:47 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I wish I would have known about this. I missed a lot of movies I would have watched.

If you haven't seen this schedule before, they are showing them by category: https://prod-images.tcm.com/Microsit...ar-sp-feb-2023
Thanks, been keeping my eyes on the schedule, there are so many I want to see....

I wrote them in regards to an old movie I've been searching for, for years, but have not yet found it.

I was hoping so much they played "The Trap" with Oliver Reed, a 1966 film, but they haven't, yet....it's awesome....

Old 03-20-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Yes! I'd be lost without TCM. This month has been incredible. It's going to take me quite awhile to work my way through all the ones I've DVR'd this month alone. Watching Three Colours: Red tonight.
yes, been recording a lot myself....and yes, it has been an instresting month, very much enjoyed Laura.

Great movies they surely don't make them like that any longer.

Old 03-20-2023, 01:46 PM

23,258 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post

Do you subscribe to a streaming service like Sling? They offer TCM. If you missed the scheduled airing of a movie you want, check TCM's On Demand viewing option for it. They often add recently aired movies to that list.

TCM also has an app you can use to view on demand using a device. Info below. I don't happen to enjoy peering at smaller screens so haven't tried it.

https://www.tcm.com/watchtcm?icid=mainnav2-watch-now

Old 03-20-2023, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Hell yes I’ve been watching! It’s been amazing watching one great film without commercials and then seeing that another, equally impressive one is on next. And then it’s the same the next day! It has taken all of my willpower to not sit in front of the t.v. all day!

Watched Casablanca, Butterfield 8, Splendor In The Grass, East of Eden and Some Like It Hot.
I'm trying to record my favorites.....

do you remember a film made years ago, it was a survival movie, and all I remember about it was a woman was left alone with her kids at a cabin, and it was winter and they were starving...so she put them in a canoe, took a rifle and went out looking for game. They found nothing, so she decided to take the kids back home before it got dark, and they paddled down the river and there stood a bull moose, so she shot it, and the ending was her narrarating it, while paddling away in the canoe....

It was an awesome movie, I watched it back in the 60's don't know the name or the actors, but it was so good. I believe her husband left her....I seem to remember he was a bad guy or something and he convinced her to go up to this area, not sure if they built the cabin or if it was just there?

Doe it ring a bell?

Old 03-20-2023, 05:40 PM

5,008 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm trying to record my favorites.....

do you remember a film made years ago, it was a survival movie, and all I remember about it was a woman was left alone with her kids at a cabin, and it was winter and they were starving...so she put them in a canoe, took a rifle and went out looking for game. They found nothing, so she decided to take the kids back home before it got dark, and they paddled down the river and there stood a bull moose, so she shot it, and the ending was her narrarating it, while paddling away in the canoe....

It was an awesome movie, I watched it back in the 60's don't know the name or the actors, but it was so good. I believe her husband left her....I seem to remember he was a bad guy or something and he convinced her to go up to this area, not sure if they built the cabin or if it was just there?

Doe it ring a bell?
I’ve seen your posts a few times and looked and looked but am unable to find anything. I have a feeling it may be one of those made-for-t.v movies that has since vanished into obscurity.

Nevertheless, I had a similar experience with an obscure movie, Nutcracker Fantasy, from the 70’s that I had vaguely remembered watching as a young child. I did a search a few years ago and found other people asking about it as well until someone finally chimed in and told us its name; it now has its own Wiki page.

Keep asking, someone will eventually recognize it!

Old 03-20-2023, 08:05 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
It does ring a bell but I don't know its name. Hopefully someone does - I'd like to watch it again too.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I’ve seen your posts a few times and looked and looked but am unable to find anything. I have a feeling it may be one of those made-for-t.v movies that has since vanished into obscurity.

Nevertheless, I had a similar experience with an obscure movie, Nutcracker Fantasy, from the 70’s that I had vaguely remembered watching as a young child. I did a search a few years ago and found other people asking about it as well until someone finally chimed in and told us its name; it now has its own Wiki page.

Keep asking, someone will eventually recognize it!
Thank you, I even wrote TCM asking them, their reply was, that they are overwhelmed with questions, and they might not be able to review my email or get back to me..? Poop....

but will take your advise and continue to ask....thank you

I remembered watching it once when I was a kid....and it was an awesome survival movie....the ending was great....as she paddles away, she narrartes it, and if I remember correctly, she decides to stay, or is not sure if she will leave after the snows melt.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-20-2023 at 08:57 PM..

Old 03-20-2023, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
It does ring a bell but I don't know its name. Hopefully someone does - I'd like to watch it again too.
If you get the chance, watch "The Trap" it to was an awesome movie...The Trap (1966)

Its winter and Oliver Reed a trapper comes to this village, and purchases a girl from her father, who is a mute...she fears him at first, but then settles down and acclimates to life in the wilderness, and he teaches her how to trap...the story deepens, and takes on a very edge of your seat movie.

He is chased by wolves....it's really a great movie, so watch for it on TCM....if I see it, I'll come back here and let everyone know, a worth while movie to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV