Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 07:29 PM

24,532 posts, read 17,277,292 times

Advertisements

I recently got into the Walking Dead and it has become my favorite show. I'm up to the point where Shane gets stabbed by the sherriff then comes back to life as a zombie. I think the well water on the farm is tainted from that walker that broke in half and fell into it.
Anyways, I have been wondering what happened, where did the zombie virus originate from? The players didn't get many answers when they stopped by the CDC and were nearly blown up.
Did I miss something or is it a mystery as to where the virus started?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,099,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I recently got into the Walking Dead and it has become my favorite show. I'm up to the point where Shane gets stabbed by the sherriff then comes back to life as a zombie. I think the well water on the farm is tainted from that walker that broke in half and fell into it.
Anyways, I have been wondering what happened, where did the zombie virus originate from? The players didn't get many answers when they stopped by the CDC and were nearly blown up.
Did I miss something or is it a mystery as to where the virus started?
Watch the very next episode (Season 2 finale). That'll answer your question to the extent that has been explained thus far in the entire series. Rick got an answer at the CDC - remember when the Doctor whispered something to him?

Old 11-03-2013, 10:52 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,345,867 times
Only the one well at the farm was tainted because of the walker who fell into it. The other wells were not tainted. They still had good water.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 AM

I remember when the walker broke up and fell into the well that they said they have 3 other wells but perhaps they were pulling from the same source?
Now I'm excited for more answers and can't wait to watch the next episode. The trouble is my wife hates zombies and won't watch the show so I have to watch it when she heads to bed. I tried to get her into it and she thinks the "happy farm" as I call it looks like a really nice place but don't go into the woods............
After facing all the trouble and death the group has survived I don't know what they are going to do when they realise that the virus is already inside them.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:31 AM

377 posts, read 530,070 times
that was a memorable scene, where Shane gets stabbed by the sheriff, whats his name, officer friendly

Old 11-04-2013, 03:49 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,474,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I remember when the walker broke up and fell into the well that they said they have 3 other wells but perhaps they were pulling from the same source?
Now I'm excited for more answers and can't wait to watch the next episode. The trouble is my wife hates zombies and won't watch the show so I have to watch it when she heads to bed. I tried to get her into it and she thinks the "happy farm" as I call it looks like a really nice place but don't go into the woods............
After facing all the trouble and death the group has survived I don't know what they are going to do when they realise that the virus is already inside them.
I was like your wife in her veiws of zombie shows, up until just before the start of last year's season. I hated anything with zombies in it and wouldn't ever think of tuning in, rolled my eyes every time someone starting talking about the show. Frankly, I can't remember what caused me to finally tune in, (I'm sure I mentioned my reason long ago,) but, I was hooked after watching the first episode all the way through and then sat and watched the entire first few seasons over a one weekend period of time on Netflix. I still very much enjoy this show and look forward to seeing WD with great anticipation each Sunday.

I'm still not a fan of zombie themed shows or movies, and I still roll my eyes, most of the time, when the walkers make an appearance on the screen, but, I do love this show; this is so much more than a zombie story.

You are in for such a thrill, enjoy the ride.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I was like your wife in her veiws of zombie shows, up until just before the start of last year's season. I hated anything with zombies in it and wouldn't ever think of tuning in, rolled my eyes every time someone starting talking about the show. Frankly, I can't remember what caused me to finally tune in, (I'm sure I mentioned my reason long ago,) but, I was hooked after watching the first episode all the way through and then sat and watched the entire first few seasons over a one weekend period of time on Netflix. I still very much enjoy this show and look forward to seeing WD with great anticipation each Sunday.

I'm still not a fan of zombie themed shows or movies, and I still roll my eyes, most of the time, when the walkers make an appearance on the screen, but, I do love this show; this is so much more than a zombie story.

You are in for such a thrill, enjoy the ride.
That's probably why George Romero didn't want to work on TWD, they actually make quality entertainment and not just cheesy horror.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:32 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,385,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
That's probably why George Romero didn't want to work on TWD, they actually make quality entertainment and not just cheesy horror.
Right. A television show is vastly different than a movie. A TV show can endure for years so the writers have to actually put effort into developing characters. The Walking Dead has about forty hours (episodes) of material which is way more time than a two hour movie.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 AM

Spoiler alert for those not caught up to season 3.
I watched the end of season 2 last night and that "herd" certainly overwhelmed the happy farm. Ricks admission about Shane even has his wife questioning who she is married to. With the blonde (Andria?) being lost to the group but found and saved in the woods by that assassins creed guy (it is a video game) there wasn't anyone to stand up to Rick when he took charge of the group. Andria would have stood up to him.
I also found out what GRSZ11 told me I would find out, what Rick was told at the CDC. Wow what will this little group of survivors do now?
Question: The original outbreak killed people then they reanimated to attack and bite the living thus turning them into zombies. I wonder how many died from the virus VS being infected by a bite?
Why do I think that assassin guy with the cloak will turn out to be the guy left on the roof who had to saw off his hand to escape??
I also heard that George Romero was offered to direct 2 episodes of WD and he refused saying it was a soap opera with a few zombies showing up now and again. WD is kinda like a soap opera with a very interesting cast of characters and that is what makes it so appealing. Very human characters with all their faults and positive aspects on display that we all can identify with even if we don't have the dead after us. Romero also said in his interview that he likens his zombies to what is wrong in society like the ever expanding government. We can all relate to that.
What a great show.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:01 AM

George Romero also had a problem with World War Z and other "fast zombie" movies. Basically, any story that doesn't fit his original vision is trash to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV