Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 07:10 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Ugh I hate makeover week.
Why? It's my favorite week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
As for the hair, I loved, loved, loved Tanya's and really think her makeover was the best overall.
I totally agree. She looked incredible!

Quote:
Rachel really didn't have much done to her hair; not saying that she really needed it.
I don't know. I think they could have done something a lot cuter with Rachel's hair. One thing that reall made me go, "Huh? Come on!" was that they said Rachel was in a size 6 dress. She weighs 151 pounds. Since when does a 151-pound woman fit into a size 6 dress? And David! OMG! He looked abolutely fantastic! I want him to win the whole thing SOOOO bad!

Old 01-23-2014, 12:18 PM

389 posts, read 916,989 times
^^I am going to guess that Rachel is a tall girl. Once you factor in her height with her new weight, I would not be surprised to find that the size 6 dress did fit her. You cannot go by pounds alone when judging someone's clothing size!

Old 01-23-2014, 12:55 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Why? It's my favorite week!
It's weird that someone would hate makeover week on a show that is essentially a months long makeover.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:03 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,979 times
I would guess Rachel is tallish- maybe 5'9"-5'10". Her height and her age definitely worked in her favor. I don't know enough about this to say but I would guess that her previous conditioning as a swimmer has also affected her metabolism in a positive way, and maybe make her muscles tend to be long.

I also wondered about the sizes, last week as well when she fit into size 8 jeans. I am 5'8" and would have to be about 130 top to fit in a six. On the other hand, I think it was Marie who said when she joined the competition she was in 22-24 size clothing and I would have guessed a bit larger. Maybe these gals like their clothing to fit snugly and it seemed that way on Monday's show.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
I would guess Rachel is tallish- maybe 5'9"-5'10". Her height and her age definitely worked in her favor. I don't know enough about this to say but I would guess that her previous conditioning as a swimmer has also affected her metabolism in a positive way, and maybe make her muscles tend to be long.

I also wondered about the sizes, last week as well when she fit into size 8 jeans. I am 5'8" and would have to be about 130 top to fit in a six. On the other hand, I think it was Marie who said when she joined the competition she was in 22-24 size clothing and I would have guessed a bit larger. Maybe these gals like their clothing to fit snugly and it seemed that way on Monday's show.
Rachel has obviously lost a lot of weight and she may be pretty tall. But still, a size 6? I didn't really even think the dress was particularly attractive on her.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:02 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Finals next week. All three of the finalists have quite literally worked their butts off to get there. No matter get the money they are all winners. I am hoping to see Jay come back strong for the $100G home prize.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:11 AM

861 posts, read 1,147,842 times
All the women shop at the special Biggest Loser women's section where all sizes are marked down by two sizes to make them feel good.

On the topic of Rachel, how could she lose 7 more pounds this week? She is at a point where she hasn't much weight left to lose and still puts up a huge number. Same with the guys hitting double digits (although they still have a longer way to go than Rachel).

Old 01-31-2014, 05:20 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
All the women shop at the special Biggest Loser women's section where all sizes are marked down by two sizes to make them feel good.

On the topic of Rachel, how could she lose 7 more pounds this week? She is at a point where she hasn't much weight left to lose and still puts up a huge number. Same with the guys hitting double digits (although they still have a longer way to go than Rachel).
She only lost 1 pound.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:25 PM

389 posts, read 916,989 times
Anyone else questioning the accuracy of the scale? Really? These numbers would be believable in the 3rd or 4th week of the season, but not this far in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV