Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 08:25 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times

Advertisements

well she didn't know 100% for sure that they would air them, but if she hadn't said anything negative in the first place then they couldn't show her saying anything negative (unless they used creative editing, which has been done before). and if you've seen the last 6 seasons of this show, or really any competition reality show, you know that the negative remarks are going to be aired over anything else. reality tv producers love the drama and they love having a villain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 12:19 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
well she didn't know 100% for sure that they would air them, but if she hadn't said anything negative in the first place then they couldn't show her saying anything negative (unless they used creative editing, which has been done before). and if you've seen the last 6 seasons of this show, or really any competition reality show, you know that the negative remarks are going to be aired over anything else. reality tv producers love the drama and they love having a villain.
Yeah, I agree that she sort of walked into that one. But still, the show's producers could have chosen not to include it; I think that they are just as culpable as she is.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Yeah, I agree that she sort of walked into that one. But still, the show's producers could have chosen not to include it; I think that they are just as culpable as she is.
So, you don't think they put them up to it? You don't think it's fake for dramatic purposes?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, you don't think they put them up to it? You don't think it's fake for dramatic purposes?
That's a really good question, and a possibility that I never thought of. I'm not sure that they encourage it but, rather, they probably do not discourage it. I have absolutely no idea whether it is fake or not but it makes sense that it would be, although the commentary is something that I don't like about the show; I really wish they'd get rid of it, it's unneccessary and interrupts the actual [interesting] action of the show (i.e. the workroom and the runway).

Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 PM

Now that the show is over I think if I was Jay I would have selected the grey gown for one of my 3 in the Mila competition.

Blogging Project Runway ~: Finale Collection - Jay Nicolas Sario

Of the finalists, I liked Emilio's gown the best. It was gorgeous. I didn't care for the other Emilio items but that gown was stunning. I also like one of Mila's coats (was included in her 3 in the Jay competition). Surprisingly, it's only a few hours after the finale aired and I can't remember a single Seth Aaron item I liked. I actually liked what he showed to Tim at his house that Tim made him change, so what do I know?

Anthony had some gorgeous clothes in his collection. Maybe they weren't weird-creative but they sure are pretty. I like the short purple dress and the silver gown.

Blogging Project Runway ~: Finale Collection - Anthony Williams

I just want to add that if I was the executive producer of Project Runway or Heidi Klum/Tim Gunn, I'd make sure those 4 models that didn't show up never worked again as a model.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:12 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Seth Aaron rocks!!! SO glad he won!!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 AM

Who do you think are the most successful contestants after Project Runway is over for them? Is it the contestants that design the creative "out there" clothes that average women won't wear or is it the designers that make clothes the stores would buy? I'd like them to do a show where they visit contestants of seasons past to see what became of them after Project Runway...and not just the winners/finalists, either.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Seth Aaron rocks!!! SO glad he won!!
Yup! I was so happy for him I had tears in my eyes lol ...but he deserved it. He had something about him the whole season and his clothes were something you might see people wear on the street, as well as other stuff thats a little more" out there". I am definately going to follow him annd see what he does with his new line he will be launching
Now that being said I must say, I did liek Emilios clothes but that one gown was absolutely gorgeous and sexy...loved it!
As for Mila, she actually made some nice things...I was suprised.... she finally got out of the box!
As far as the reunion show....I was laughing my a** off! I just love Anthony I would hang out with him anytime-he should have his own talk show or something.
There was a lot of bitchiness in that room. Jay and Emilio get booty hurt too quick IMO, and it was funny when they put Tim on blast.
While there wasn't as much drama or fighting as are on shows like Rock of Love or Flav reunions...I wasn't disappointed!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Who do you think are the most successful contestants after Project Runway is over for them? Is it the contestants that design the creative "out there" clothes that average women won't wear or is it the designers that make clothes the stores would buy? I'd like them to do a show where they visit contestants of seasons past to see what became of them after Project Runway...and not just the winners/finalists, either.

I would like to see that too. And there were some gorgeous fashions made by the other contestants you would think someone would be asking for them....

Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
there was that blue jacket of Emilio's that I like. The same one Faith Hill said she liked too. Very stylish. And while his gown was exquisite, it came out of nowhere and didn't fit in at all with the other clothes.
Mila's line was predictable. Same ole,same ole.
I hope they getter better models next season. The ones this season were bitchy,bland and bitter.
Anthony is a riot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Yup! I was so happy for him I had tears in my eyes lol ...but he deserved it. He had something about him the whole season and his clothes were something you might see people wear on the street, as well as other stuff thats a little more" out there". I am definately going to follow him annd see what he does with his new line he will be launching
Now that being said I must say, I did liek Emilios clothes but that one gown was absolutely gorgeous and sexy...loved it!
As for Mila, she actually made some nice things...I was suprised.... she finally got out of the box!
As far as the reunion show....I was laughing my a** off! I just love Anthony I would hang out with him anytime-he should have his own talk show or something.
There was a lot of bitchiness in that room. Jay and Emilio get booty hurt too quick IMO, and it was funny when they put Tim on blast.
While there wasn't as much drama or fighting as are on shows like Rock of Love or Flav reunions...I wasn't disappointed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV