Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times

Advertisements

After 6 years these idiots just don't get it-so give them the boot. Dr. Phil is starting to resemble a bald Jerry Sringer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,831,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
After 6 years these idiots just don't get it-so give them the boot. Dr. Phil is starting to resemble a bald Jerry Sringer.
HA! That is funny. Anyway, I started watching late and do not understand who all these men are that Alexander has slept with. Does she have three different babies from 3 daddies? I am confused!!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,831,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
"Alex doesn't think even 5 minutes ahead" you said it! It doesn't take a genius to picture a future with 3 kids by 3 dads, no education, no money... She has already admitted that she can't afford to live on her own, and that is at least part of the reason she is living with Tony. She keeps saying that her mom expected her to be perfect and never thought she was good enough. I wish she'd try to prove her mother wrong instead of right! What a train wreck!
Whatever happened to abortion? I mean it is better then bringing up unloved and dysfunctinal children. I know it sounds crude, but its true. People who have kids like this are selfish. I can see making a mistake once, but I believe Alex did this on purpose to manipulate. She is not dumb, just uneducated.!

Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 PM

7 posts, read 17,807 times
I Thought I had said goodby permantly, but this show got the added speech by Dr Phil on the effect on the children like grief in her father. These words slipped guidelines for children to the audience and were well presented. Still The whole show must to continue to 'try' the audience, teaching that time and years count, people of all kinds count, so BE PATIENT and consider the children, not the self. At least teach self to do so with positive, constructive problem solving. Be patient, know yourself, stay positive and constructive, and think about the children. Dr Phil, you are doing a double-darn good job. Thank you.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:22 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
HA! That is funny. Anyway, I started watching late and do not understand who all these men are that Alexander has slept with. Does she have three different babies from 3 daddies? I am confused!!
She got pregnant when she was 15. That was the original point of the show...how to help this family. There was some back-and-forth about whether she was going to give the baby up for adoption (including an episode on Dr. Phil and they found a really nice group of potential parents) but because she is a selfish moron, she kept that baby (that's Nathan).

Since then, she married Chris (who is about to be her ex-husband after 19 months of marriage) and they had Layla. While they were married, Chris went to jail and during that time, Alexandra met Tony, who is now her boyfriend and the so-called love of her life. She is now pregnant with Tony's baby.

Nathan's father got Alexandra pregnant in high school but has made a success of his life (and does pay child support). Last I heard, he not only graduated from high school, but is pursuing his law degree. He has petitioned for custody of Nathan and successfully received approval for Nathan to not live with Alexandra and Tony because of Tony's criminal background. That's how the kids ended up with Alex's parents. Nathan now lives with his biological dad though Alex says she wants Nathan back.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,626,870 times
I have also been following the Dr. Phil Family.......I agree that alot of this is very aggravating, however, alot of their problems are the reality for many other families and perhaps others may learn from this as an example. This next show ought to be very interesting.....Dr Phil finally "tells them off." Katherine and Alexandra have disrespected Dr. Phil too many times, and instead they should be very greatful to Dr. Phil for his help.

Last edited by kittykat13; 02-25-2010 at 01:50 AM..

Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Wow, this just sad. If I were Dr. Phil I would be too embarassed to put this on TV, it shows his complete lack of skill to help a family in need. Yes they need to step up on their own, but working with a Doctor to help them.... and all that is happening is a downward spiral.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Wow, this just sad. If I were Dr. Phil I would be too embarassed to put this on TV, it shows his complete lack of skill to help a family in need. Yes they need to step up on their own, but working with a Doctor to help them.... and all that is happening is a downward spiral.
From the previews for next week, it looks like Dr. Phil is now officially at the end of his rope. He is going to give them the firm dose of reality that this entire family really needs. He needs to open up a can of "whoop-a^^" which is about 3 years late.

My big "beef" with this family is that they have not learned a damned thing. When he first took on this family, it was because they were a family whose 15 year old daughter was pregnant. Great show...very helpful for parents of teenagers. Unfortunately, this family is an absolute train wreck and Alex's pregnancy was just a little piece to this disaster of a puzzle.

Enter Katherine. When we first met her, she was genuinely distressed that her sister was pregnant. She vowed her life would never be this way. She was honest and frank and really likeable. Fast forward to today. She's been arrested, has the same bad taste in men as her sister does, smokes pot while she's on probation and likes to stand on her soapbox and declare that she is so much better than her sister, when in reality, that's just not true.

Erin and Marty. Well, it turns out that BOTH of them have had affairs. Both of them have tried to get their kids to hide their affairs from the other parent. Both seem genuinely unhappy with their current situation but totally unwilling to do anything about it. "Staying together for the kids" is not a good idea. Neither of them has taught their children any life skills and neither of them seem to understand how to discipline. Calling your daughter a "sl^t" isn't the best way to go about it. Erin, in particular, seems to have no desire to get to the heart of the problem, which is why her girls seem to be craving "love" so much that they are willing to destroy their lives to try and find it. Unfortunately, no one has taught them what "love" is, so for them, a boy giving them attention is equal to "love" and that's just simply not so.

Alexandra has gone from a blonde 15-year old pregnant teenager who made a huge mistake and had to deal with real-life consequences, to a spoiled 20-something brat who seems hell bent on her own destruction. She seeks out anyone who will give her attention and has no grasp on the seriousness of bringing babies into the world.

The entire family has taken advantage of Dr. Phil's program, his staff and the resources that he has made available to them and done absolutely nothing to better their lives. I cannot think of a single thing that would be different had he not intervened on this family at all. Alex is still getting pregnant, Katherine has a criminal record, Erin and Marty are still fighting and acting like terrible parents. None of them are appreciative of what his show has done for them...they act like it's their "due."

Old 03-01-2010, 08:52 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
I'm watching Dr. Phil tell them off. He's given them so many ultimatums "if you do ______ again, I'm done." If he sticks to his word, I'm guessing this family won't be on much longer.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:54 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I think this whole family is a sad sittuation and it will be the little ones who suffer these kids that alex keeps having and katherine keep having and then it all starts the dysfunction all over again . I however dont think that the grandparents are much better for them either . It makes me sick the whole family .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV