Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 12:29 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,147,004 times

Advertisements

Not impressed with last night's contestants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
Agree with all this^. Also like Christina Grimmes, the first girl.
I have been watching her on Youtube for I don't know how long! She is a good singer...

Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
We have a hometown woman in the competition this year and supposedly we will see her in the blind auditions tonight or Tuesday. I hope they show her entire audition and not one of the short recaps.

Her name is Clarissa Serna and she is the niece of the actor Pepe Serna. I've heard her sing locally and she has a lovely voice. Looking forward to seeing if it translates to the big Voice venue.
Did she make the show? I don't remember her.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:52 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I have not seen that name yet but the jazz/rock girl from Smithfield, Virginia is from the area where I lived for 23 years.

My old high school principal posted about her on fb last night....

I really enjoyed the 16 year old girl who sang Titanium.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:04 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
I just watched the first night and the only one who jumped out at me that I would actually pay money to hear is the duo. The first and last girls were fine but I wouldn't pay money to see them. The rest were just ok.

But Adam looked wonderful. 😘

Old 02-27-2014, 08:09 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
They didn't feature her, but I think I saw her in a preview for next week. It was our local paper that said she would appear this week, but it also said neither she nor The Voice reps could comment, so I don't know where they got their info.

Apparently, another local woman, Paula DeAnda, also did a blind audition.

Here's a Clarissa Serna video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-crpRHQxiE

And a Paula DeAnda video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kopo5bmg5YQ

I know Clarissa performs around town often, but hadn't heard anything about Paula DeAnda in years.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I didn't watch the entire two hours so I may have missed Jake... which coach did he get?

I did really like the duo who sang the Beatles song -- I understand why Adam went nuts for them as he's such a Beatles fan. That's one of my fave songs too. I hope they stick around!

I saw some of the last rocker chick -- I didn't quite get the foaming-at-the-mouth adulation. To me she was "pitchy" in parts, to channel Randy Jackson.... She has pipes though and quite a bit of self-confidence. And only 17....

The worship pastor was interesting but I don't see him lasting. None of the R&B types seem to....

I felt a little bad for the guy who sang (and danced) to Blurred Lines... I thought someone would turn for him. He had a good voice. I didn't quite buy Adam's complaint that "when there's movement it can be hard to hear the voice." HUH? I still wish they wouldn't show us any background on someone who's not
going to get a chair turned!!
I really liked the guy who sang blurred lines. I think America would have voted for him. I really want to know why no one turned for him. I'm totally upset they passed him by.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Thumbs up I agree!

Christina is my favorite so far! I loved her rendition of Wrecking Ball !

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
Agree with all this^. Also like Christina Grimmes, the first girl.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:17 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
The contestents were nothing to write home about. I really enjoy the addition of Sharika and Usher. They are much better than the other two. The show seems to be more about the judges than the contestants. I am not a fan of Usher but he was simply charming.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:08 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aponik View Post
I really liked the guy who sang blurred lines. I think America would have voted for him. I really want to know why no one turned for him. I'm totally upset they passed him by.
Actually, maybe it was the song, but I thought the guy who sang blurred lines had a pretty marginal voice; I really wasn't impressed. I totally understood why the judges didn't turn--I wouldn't have either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV