Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 07:29 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,581,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I could have definitely lived without the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Thought maybe they were there to help set up bleachers or something. But Bruno Mars is a showstopper! What a talented performer. I loved it
Yeah, their lyrics were not exactly "family friendly". I could have done with another Bruno song and skipped the Peppers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 07:47 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Yeah, their lyrics were not exactly "family friendly". I could have done with another Bruno song and skipped the Peppers.
Exactly.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
He was very impressive. By the way, I never realized performers aren't paid.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:41 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
What's not family friendly about "Give it Away"? Do you know what the song is about?

Old 02-03-2014, 05:51 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Loved Bruno Mars, Renee Fleming too.

Red Hot Chili Peppers were pathetic IMO, especially compared to Mars.

Most of all, I enjoyed that game! Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll. Good people who deserve to be called Champions.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:54 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times
The commercials were okay. Bruno was beautiful as always - he and his band always bring their a game. The game? - Was there a game? I could have skipped the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:02 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
The worst commercial was the Coke commercial where they sung America the Beautiful in different languages. I always say how nothing offends me but watching this commercial I found something that did. I think it was very disrespectful.

Another commercial they could have done better was the Honda commercial with the father and son. Instead of the son just looking at the girl on the side of the road while driving the dad should have been too. Would have been much funnier I think.

All in all I think the commercials were a big let down this Super Bowl compared to other years.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:12 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Bruno vs Morris Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I'm impress in the energy of Bruno Mars, he a modern version of Morris Day. Very impressive in all his raw talents.
With impressive drumming then energetic singing including nice dance moves.
Red Hot Chilli Peppers ok ill give props of showing up but they are now just dated peppers.
Nice half time show.
Morris Day didn't cross my mind when I watched Bruno's performance. Bruno is far more talented IMO and his group reminded me of a time when performers were really true performers. Morris Day almost seemed like caricature, a clown, and I never took him seriously.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:25 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Morris Day didn't cross my mind when I watched Bruno's performance. Bruno is far more talented IMO and his group reminded me of a time when performers were really true performers. Morris Day almost seemed like caricature, a clown, and I never took him seriously.
James Brown was the first person that came to my mind watching it.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:57 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Most of the commercials this year were a letdown from years past. The Bud commercials were downright embarrassingly bad.

Who would've thought that RADIO SHACK (there are still Radio Shacks???) would put out the best super bowl commercial??? In "getting rid of the '80s," they brought it back. I heard Twisted Sister on the radio this morning for the first time in months.

The game itself was a bore. Watching one team just get absolutely whipped by another is no fun. No tension. Just shame. Denver was told this was the Super Bowl, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV