Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:29 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,417 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the date that these two shows come back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 09:03 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
Since the Prez is trying to have Minimum Wage raised, it's possible HK might find it hard to pull those workers away from their jobs.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:29 PM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Hell's Kitchen, coupled with Masterchef were normally 'summer series', but were scheduled for early spring last year.

Fox apparently decided rather than burning off two episodes a week, to air only a single episode each week and drag their runs out.

I've found some talk that it will premier June 12th.. But that's a Thursday.. I haven't heard about them changing the date. If it does premier in June.. I suspect that you will see it blocked with Masterchef and they'll be back to burning 2 episodes a week. Or perhaps, they'll do a 2 hour, single night of HK, burn those episodes off and then do a 2 hour block of Masterchef once it's done.

HK is renewed through the upcoming season and one more.. Same with Masterchef.. And Masterchef Junior will have a second season as well.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:03 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,644 times
These two shows always seem to come on in close proximity of each other during the summer months. Causing you have to watch one, miss the other, vice versa. Spring, early summer is my best guess based upon previous years of airings.

Not sure why they can't air one show during the winter months and another during the summer months, and then they turn around and air Junior Master Chef in the late summer/early fall. All jammed together scheduling IMO.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
I like them both, so I hope they do have a summer run.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:26 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
They used to do Hell's Kitchen once in the fall, and once in the Spring (I think) like Survivor, Amazing Race, etc., then MasterChef came along in the summer, and they cut back on Hell's Kitchen. I'm not sure if they couldn't get contestants, or it was a money thing. They also have Hotel Hell and Kitchen Nightmares, but no word when they will air. Last season they were really shortened compared to the year before.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:29 AM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Kitchen Nightmares returns of February 28th with a revisit of the infamous Amy's Baking Company

Hotel Hell.. They've filmed season 2 of it.. No info on how many episodes.. It was originally scheduled to air in Fall 2013, pulled.. Then Ramsay said it would air in January, 2014.. We've obviously passed that..

The Fox site still shows it 'casting for season 2'.. Seems that they're probably waiting for a show to get cancelled to use it as filler.. Which doesn't bode too well for it having a season 3.. But you never know. Seems this may be Fox's "The Apprentice".. They put a season in the bag and break glass in case of emergency.

I wound up curious about the hotels featured on the show because they all seemed to be cluster f's when it aired.. So, i did some digging..

Shows 1 + 2 - Juniper Hill Inn.. The two partners who didn't pay staff and had the hotel packed with 'antiques' and 'art' that weren't worth anything and kept tips from their staff..

CLOSED - Circa April 2013.. Bank Forecloses On Windsor Inn | Valley News

Show 3 - Cambridge Hotel.. I don't recall the details of this hotel.. It was famous for having created Pie-A-La-Mode in the 1890s..

CLOSED - Closed even before the episode aired. Even Gordon Ramsay can't save Cambridge Hotel - Times Union

Show 4 - The Keating Hotel - The "Ferrari hotel".

OPEN - Still there.. has a link to the hotel hell episode on the website.. To hell and back: a visit from Gordon Ramsay - Historic San Diego Gaslamp Boutique Hotel

Show 5 - River Rock Inn - Owner moved his restaurant into a hotel..

OPEN - Still there.. Link about the episode on website..River Rock Inn ‐ An American Bistro

Show 6 - Roosevelt Hotel.. If I recall, this is the one where the owner was doing murder mystery theme nights and the dogs slept in the hotel..

OPEN - Still there.. No info on website about appearance on show.. Interesting article about their appearance. “Hotel Hell” leaves Roosevelt Inn owners reeling, nervous - Spokesman.com - Aug. 29, 2012

So.. Three of five still open, basically two years later.. Seems like a whole lot better percentage than Kitchen Nightmares..

Last edited by Labonte18; 02-07-2014 at 10:12 AM..

Old 02-08-2014, 01:00 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Really interesting about the hotels! I'm surprised about Juniper Hill. It was a beautiful hotel with all the art and antiques. But, it seemed as though only one of the guys was really running the place; the other one seemed to just sit around a lot.

I'll be interested in Kitchen Nightmares. They did a show about a restaurant in my hometown, Woodland Park, CO, called Mangia. I know the owner (her husband was my realtor when I sold my home) and I have no idea why they had Ramsay come to the place. I've eaten there many times, and even though it really struggled at first, it was doing fairly well considering it's in a small town where the sidewalks roll up at 7:30 p.m. It's about the only dinner restaurant in town, albeit it's in an old Arby's...there's a link to Kitchen Nightmares on the web page. The episode aired in October 2013, I think.

Home

Last edited by Marcy1210; 02-08-2014 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 02-08-2014, 05:41 AM

12 posts, read 13,744 times
Are they coming back at all? I think people were fed up already.
Anyway probably in the autumn TV season they will make return.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:03 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I also hope that they have a new season of the Masterchef Children (or whatever it was called). I found that series endlessly entertaining, and I was very, very impressed by how skilled these youngsters are. Indeed, many of them would have put to shame most of the 'chefs' they find for Hell's Kitchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV