Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:28 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
OMG...Never mind.

I hope it's not just me......

I feel like I'm in Superman's Bizarro World sometimes.
Poor tami, whats wrong Hun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Poor tami, whats wrong Hun
Like I said in another thread, I'm being too biitchy sorry.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:17 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
I get it, Tami. I did a head-desk.... smh.....

I also don't think that was Kim K, but it might have been. I didn't think she was a New Yorker, since all the "bet losers" were New Yorkers. I recognized everyone but Joe Namath, and then it hit me....New York Jets. Duh. He's lived in the Seattle area forever since his Jets days, so I couldn't place him.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I get it, Tami. I did a head-desk.... smh.....

I also don't think that was Kim K, but it might have been. I didn't think she was a New Yorker, since all the "bet losers" were New Yorkers. I recognized everyone but Joe Namath, and then it hit me....New York Jets. Duh. He's lived in the Seattle area forever since his Jets days, so I couldn't place him.
TY,Marcy.

Kim K is a Californian isn't she? Maybe she made a bet with Jimmy when she was on sometime. I think it was her. Her look has been changing. How could you not recognize Broadway Joe? Maybe being in New England I saw more of him.

Jimmy' s 2nd show was great too. Seinfeld was good. I haven't seen him do stand up in years and years. First time I ever heard Lady GaGa sing. I liked her but like Madonna, I like the singing but don't like to look at her.
Jimmy is going to do just fine.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:07 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
I liked the hiphop routine quite a bit, but it did have a lot of inside jokes, so maybe it was funnier if you got the references. My husband thought "the Dougie" and "the Carlton" were boring but I thought they were hilarious, mostly because I knew where those dances had come from. OMG seeing Will Smith do The Carlton again was very funny. For me, at least.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
She did have that Off Their Rockers show that was pretty funny. Old people doing hilarious things usually completely unexpected from an old person, shocking the pants off young people they met on the streets. It came on around 7:00 or so. Early enough for us old fogies, and late enough to be after our nap.
Betty White was on Jay's show close to the last episode, actually she was on with Jimmy Fallon. It was really funny, she played it off at first like she was ignoring Jay for Jimmy. But they talked about how NBC had Off Their Rockers but now it's on cable, and they both joked about how NBC doesn't like to have people who are too old on the network.

Back to the topic though, I enjoyed Jimmy's second show better than his first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Jimmy' s 2nd show was great too. Seinfeld was good. I haven't seen him do stand up in years and years.
I enjoyed the little bit that they did where Jimmy called Jerry over to the panel and Jerry acted surprised and humbled, a little nod to the King

Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
No, just another Late Night comic afraid of offending Obama. When Jay realized NBC was getting rid of him, he seemed to offer more jokes at the expense of the Obama administration. He moved up to number one in the ratings and NBC (huge supporters of Obama and the Democratic Party) still canned him. It's a rare occasion when our TV is tuned to NBC at all.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
No, just another Late Night comic afraid of offending Obama. When Jay realized NBC was getting rid of him, he seemed to offer more jokes at the expense of the Obama administration. He moved up to number one in the ratings and NBC (huge supporters of Obama and the Democratic Party) still canned him. It's a rare occasion when our TV is tuned to NBC at all.
Except, of course, Leno has been number one in the late night wars through most of his 22 years, so unfortunately there is really no conspiracy here.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
I watched the first show last night on Hulu and really enjoyed it for an opening show. I thought his guests where good but thankfully Hulu lets me fast forward through U2's perforamcce/talk as theyre a bunch of gob****es to me. Aside from that it was good =)

Old 02-19-2014, 01:28 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
He seemed strained, almost like a kid standing in front of his class reading a book report. Nothing was funny at all. I won't be watching. Sure miss Johnny Carson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV